The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Ingrid Klimke - instructional dvd's, books?

Does anyone know if Ingrid Klimke has any instructional dvd's, videos or books. Can be in German, not a problem.
    I was watching these 2 videos I found on youtube by accident and loved her approach, how she gets the losgelassenkeit out of the horse, loose & relaxed in its body whilst forward and would like to see or read some more of her .
    Anyone knows? Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyRxz...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8_rd...eature=related

http://www.klimke.org/publications.php

I have her cavaletti book and one of her videos. Enjoyed both, although the video is rather short.

ETA: Duh, It's my Kyra video that's short!

OH fantastic. Thanks so much, getting the credit card out .

Oh, these are really, really worth their money! Love her work attitude, the Reitpferde DVD series is magnificent!

oh god why did I have to see this. I can now feel my credit card burning a hole through my wallet...

It looks like there are a whole bunch of them that are only available in German?

No they are available in english, however I was just told before buying to make sure a European DVD can be played in the US, because the english version is basically a UK DVD.

Does anybody know whether European DVD's work in US DVD players ?

This is what my husband said:

Generally, no. The US is Region 1, Europe is Region 2. But you also have the video in the US is NTSC and Europe uses PAL.

However, if the DVD is not region locked and you're playing it on a PC, it'll play fine.

Aha, thank you! I knew there was some complication to it.

So I need to figure out if the DVD is region locked and if not I can view it on my computer.

This is just such a frustrating thing really, I don't get it why in today's world they don't have this type of stuff universal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lieslot View Post
    This is just such a frustrating thing really, I don't get it why in today's world they don't have this type of stuff universal.
    That would make too much sense

Haha, yes so true .

Under a rock, up in the hills of Sage, So. Calif, southeast of Hemet & north east of Temecula

I have a subscription to Giddyupflix.com & just watched one of her DVDs. It was filmed at a USDF Symposium and dealt with caviletti for fitness. I really liked it. I right now have another of her DVDs from Giddyupflix & will watch it tomorrow; it is also dealing with fitness. I recall seeing more of her stuff on Giddyupflix's list. I'll be working my way through them.
    There is no such thing as "bad" horsemanship or "good" horsemanship. There is simply Horsemanship or the absence thereof.

www.oldmorgans.blogspot.com

I figured I'd share the response I received. I emailed them & asked if the DVDs would play in the US (Reg 1, NSCT) and seems they are 2-sided. So in case anyone else wishes to buy them, we should be good to view .

Hello,
    Your inquiry regarding the Ingrid Klimke DVDs was forwarded to us.
    Please note that the DVDs have been published as DVD 10 which means that one side of the DVD is the European version (PAL) and the NTSC-version for the US-system is on the other side of the DVD. So they should play worldwide.
    You can order them directly with the producer in Germany www.pferdia.tv, but also in the United States with Trafalgar Square Books http://www.horseandriderbooks.com.
    If you are living in Great Britain, they can be ordered with Equestrian Vision http://www.equestrianvisionshop.co.uk.
    For any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.
    Kind regardspferdia tv,
    www.pferdia.de

Quote Originally Posted by OldMorgans View Post
    I have a subscription to Giddyupflix.com & just watched one of her DVDs. It was filmed at a USDF Symposium and dealt with caviletti for fitness. I really liked it. I right now have another of her DVDs from Giddyupflix & will watch it tomorrow; it is also dealing with fitness. I recall seeing more of her stuff on Giddyupflix's list. I'll be working my way through them.
    I was at that symposium (which was great) and bought the CD. It's good, but they left out the very best part -- when she rode one of the participants' horses.

Watching her ride and talk about what she was doing -- basically asking him to release his back -- was really cool.

Under a rock, up in the hills of Sage, So. Calif, southeast of Hemet & north east of Temecula

Quote Originally Posted by mp View Post
    I was at that symposium (which was great) and bought the CD. It's good, but they left out the very best part -- when she rode one of the participants' horses.

Watching her ride and talk about what she was doing -- basically asking him to release his back -- was really cool.
    You are right--that part would have been cool. Oh well, I am happy to see what I can of her.
    There is no such thing as "bad" horsemanship or "good" horsemanship. There is simply Horsemanship or the absence thereof.

www.oldmorgans.blogspot.com

I have two of Ingrids books, love them both. I also just bought a set of three dvd's she has put out.
    They are quite new. They come in the Euro format on one side and the North American format on the other side.
    Inspirational and doable.

Love them.

I have two of her books, love them both. Cavaletti and New training of the young horse.

Also, I have recently bought a series of three dvd's. They are in Euro format on one side and North American on the other.
    They are professionally done, inspirational and something I can take out to my own arena and DO!

I want more!

I wasn't there (unfortunately!) but I *love* and am so grateful that these people put up such absolutely amazing videos of their Ingrid Klimke symposium.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for whoever took the time to film!!!

Here is one to get you guys started:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU6aOweQIkE

There are multiple clips of each of the horses that participated, just search through the video library.

An absolute goldmine of information.

Ingrid is my heroine. Seriously.

If I could emulate anyone in the world, it would be her.

Her dressage is practical and done with purpose.

Did I say she was my heroine?

Eileen
    Mad Mare™ Studio
    Custom Swarovski®, Czech glass and gemstone browbands in Circlet, Diadem and Tiara styles. Matching stock pins, bracelets and belts.
    http://MadMare.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lieslot View Post
    Aha, thank you! I knew there was some complication to it.

So I need to figure out if the DVD is region locked and if not I can view it on my computer.

I'm German but live in Portland, OR. We got a DVD player for our wedding that cost $70 and supports all region codes. Made it possible for us to watch all DVDs. A good investment/gift.