The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Question Oh! wouldn't it be wonderful?

I'm afraid we gave that our best shot Pwynn and it was tabled to the Planning Committee at the time. As a member of a Committee I haven't even gotten minutes from meetings I attended. As a matter of fact I don't think there's even a Planning Committee anymore.

Communication seems to not be on the agenda for either USEF or our National Affiliate. I'm not sure how to go about that at all any more.

In sum, I want a member-friendly, interactive governance (NOT "promotional") newsletter, once and for all. Include some inexpensive classified ads and/or linking opportunities and I'd be in heaven.
    Any ideas how to convince administration?

I do have some ideas, but can't articulate them here and am waiting for the right time to present them elsewhere. What I WOULD appreciate hearing, if possible (as in, IF anyone else is really serious about this), is whether anyone would join me in VOLUNTEERING to do the work that would accomplish what we would like to see happen. If folks would PM me--if, if, if you really care--that'd be great. If no one PM's or emails me privately, I will not say one word about anyone's perspectives except my own. I will not stick my neck out for those not willing to stand behind me if I try. I'm not talking here about you, Snowbird, but about others who may be willing to do the talking, but expect others to do the "doing" for them.
    Sportponies Unlimited
    Athletic Thoroughbred crosses for the highly motivated, smaller rider.

Thumbs down I think that might be like asking a coyote to be a lion!

Dear Pwynn I don't know if people have changed enough in the past 10 years. They seem to have become more accustomed to being taken advantage of and the less the communication the more they hibernate in their private caves.