The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 85 of 85
  1. #81
    Join Date
    Jan. 30, 2010
    Posts
    536

    Default

    I rather dislike them. Although I never knew that they were called "flexi leads." I always just referred to them as retractable leashes/leads.
    I took my new puppy for her first visit to the vet on Friday, and when we entered the building she only got 2 or 3 steps in the door before a much larger(than her anyway) dog came barreling across the room at the end of a retractable leash and jumped on top of her. She was understandably terrified. Owner was around the corner, not even w/in sight of the incident, and made no attempts to control his dog. The vet tech at the counter had to come and help restrain the larger dog and send him back toward his human.
    Ridiculous.



  2. #82
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Packing my bags
    Posts
    33,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supaflyskye View Post
    I rather dislike them. Although I never knew that they were called "flexi leads." I always just referred to them as retractable leashes/leads.
    I took my new puppy for her first visit to the vet on Friday, and when we entered the building she only got 2 or 3 steps in the door before a much larger(than her anyway) dog came barreling across the room at the end of a retractable leash and jumped on top of her. She was understandably terrified. Owner was around the corner, not even w/in sight of the incident, and made no attempts to control his dog. The vet tech at the counter had to come and help restrain the larger dog and send him back toward his human.
    Ridiculous.

    oye veh...

    (this is when you put what your momma taught you on the back burner and tell offending food dispenser to 'real in that F***ing DOG NOW!!!" )
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.



  3. #83
    Join Date
    Mar. 26, 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    5,204

    Default

    Okay the cat being chased by the flexi handle set off a massive feedback loop of laughing between me and the macaw on my shoulder. I laughed out loud, she laughed out loud, I laughed at her laughing out loud, and she laughed out loud. That went on for a while. I do need to say she laughs just like me -complete with the sigh at the end. Y'know HA HA HA HA HA OOOOOOH.

    Now on to flexis. Flexi scenarios that make me roll my eyes.

    1. Saw a mastiff on a flexi in town.
    2. Flexis attached to choke chains
    3. Dog aggressive dogs on flexis (and you're wondering why he's not making alot of progress ).

    Personally I don't like them. I like being unencumbered when I'm walking my dog on leash and having a big clunky plastic box in my hand does not meet the criteria of unencumbered. I have a nylon belt (one of those clicky buckle things) on which I loop my leash. Yoshi walks on a 25 or a 50 ft leash. He can walk a loose leash heel and minds me. I don't have an issue carrying extra leash looped in my hand on those rare occasions that is warranted (we walk in fields, parks, woods, etc.) As I write that it strikes me that unencumbered is quite a personal and arbitrary thing. Someone else might find loops of leash being a pain in the butt.

    Paula



  4. #84
    Join Date
    Nov. 1, 2005
    Location
    The Prairie
    Posts
    5,475

    Default Too funny

    I think the issue is more with the..uh...ability of the person on the other end of the leash. Years ago I managed to walk two retrievers on flexi leads (simultaneously) while pushing a stroller no less. Not in the city mind you, on the country roads around my house. Never caused injury to myself, my dogs or any other humans or dogs. Maybe I'm just gifted?

    Really, if someone can't control one dog on a flexi...maybe they shouldn't be operating a motor vehicle either?
    I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.



  5. #85
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Packing my bags
    Posts
    33,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post

    Really, if someone can't control one dog on a flexi...maybe they shouldn't be operating a motor vehicle either?
    ah, you are painting a picture of Utopia!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.



Similar Threads

  1. 99 millionth barn drama thread - long RANT,sorry
    By mortebella in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: Jun. 27, 2011, 08:52 PM
  2. SPIN OFF of Flexi rant: Dogs and cell phones
    By TheHorseProblem in forum The Menagerie
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: May. 1, 2011, 03:57 PM
  3. The Unhappy / Rant Thread
    By oldenmare in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: Apr. 12, 2010, 06:57 AM
  4. RANT-Thread hijacks
    By Susan P in forum Off Course
    Replies: 122
    Last Post: Aug. 15, 2006, 03:16 PM
  5. another 'parents suck' thread *rant*
    By DressageGuy in forum Off Course
    Replies: 141
    Last Post: Jul. 21, 2004, 10:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness