The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Saddle "Laurent Hubert", from seller Patrick Legros

Has anyone heard the where abouts of patrick Legros?
    I've been trying to reach him since January 2011.
    Sold me a saddle with Major Problems.

Thanks!

If the saddle has major problems, then why are you trying to resell it. If you really want to go after him, you should probably keep the saddle so you can try to get your money back.

Not meaning to be nasty, just genuinely curious.

I have not heard from him since I tried to get a refund for the saddle he sold me. That was a few months ago.

My horse outgrew his saddle in 3 or 4 months and we were not able to work out an agreement/replacement.

I have not tried to contact him since.

I think I heard he/it was selling saddles for CWD at WEF… I could be wrong though and have no idea where he would be now… sorryyy
    Friend of bar.ka

I didn't see the OP trying to sell the saddle.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeaweffer View Post
    I think I heard he/it was selling saddles for CWD at WEF… I could be wrong though and have no idea where he would be now… sorryyy
    Really? I bought my CWD from him almost 6 years ago and no problems, but I heard afterwards he was let go by them. He went to Devoucoux, I know because right after he sells me a CWD he sends me a letter telling me I should have a Devoucoux instead. I have heard he may not be the most reliable person to deal with but have no real facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb View Post
    I didn't see the OP trying to sell the saddle.
    My bad, forgot to include the link, this might just be a total coincidence with the sellers name and the type of saddle.

http://feqannonces.ca/item/18104

Quote Originally Posted by northerhunter View Post
    My bad, forgot to include the link, this might just be a total coincidence with the sellers name and the type of saddle.

http://feqannonces.ca/item/18104
    Maybe the problem is with the fit for the horse it was meant for, doesn't necessarily mean there is something structurally wrong or defective with the saddle.

He isn't with Devoucoux anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by kafesoap View Post

My horse outgrew his saddle in 3 or 4 months and we were not able to work out an agreement/replacement.
    Is it just me or does that not really sound like his problem?

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeaweffer View Post
    nope, Patrick Legros stopped working with us many many years ago.
    You must have him confused with our new rep Bart who used to work for Antares.... 2 very different persons indeed!

Amandine

What kind of problem do you have with the saddle? Nothing that can be fixed by another saddler?

now to help the OP, I believe that Facebook is a pretty sure way to reach people... If you're updating a Facebook page, surely you must be reading the private messages, right?

You will find him by entering his full name which is Yves-Patrick Legros, private messaging is allowed on his profile even if you're not friends with him.

Good luck getting your issues solved!

Rel6 - I was told when I purchased the saddle, which was supposed to be made to fit my horse, that I could contact him with any problems/fit issues.

In the past, when I had this issue with a saddle purchased from Patrick, we worked out a change or a replacement. I was willing to trade in.

This time it didn't work out.

That's all.

Saddle was otherwise very nice and of good quality leather. Patrick is also very knowledgable in saddle fit which is why I chose to work with him and this new product.

yup sorry your right it wasn't CWD it was Devoucoux… but i dont think he's with them anymore either… I've know him since I was a kid and he's a smarmy, not so nice to horses guy….
    Friend of bar.ka

The saddle he is peddling looks pretty nice, so far I haven't got a good review from anyone who owns one. Maybe the demo model is crafted better than the ones who reach the clients.

I had the same problem. He made me an amazing Devy so I figured a saddle by him would be just as good. Nope- it was 2 months late and not even the size I ordered nor did it fit my horse. I was able to get him to come out but he refused to refund my money, said he'd sell it on consignment. So I got a return slip and called my credit card company. They reversed the charges thank god.

SKYFAN Guest

Default Nice guy/nice saddle - no problem here

I bought a Laurent Hubert saddle from Patrick for my horse and it fit great. Then Patrick had to come back a few months later to adjust the saddle because my horse's body changed a bit. It took a while but he did come back to refit my horse and everything is fine now. Since then 2 other people from my barn bought saddles from him with no issues.
    I heard that Patrick has been travelling back and forth a lot to Haiti to help with the earthquake relief efforts.

billy goats gruff watch out
    SPAY/NEUTER/RESCUE/ADOPT!
    Little Star Chihuahua Rescue
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!

lemonlime98 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SKYFAN View Post
    I bought a Laurent Hubert saddle from Patrick for my horse and it fit great. Then Patrick had to come back a few months later to adjust the saddle because my horse's body changed a bit. It took a while but he did come back to refit my horse and everything is fine now. Since then 2 other people from my barn bought saddles from him with no issues.
    I heard that Patrick has been travelling back and forth a lot to Haiti to help with the earthquake relief efforts.
    You are either Patrick in diguise or one of the very few pleased Legros customers.

Patrick absolutely has not been helping out with relief efforts. He is too busy creating problems and then running from them. He was out of the country for a few weeks, but he was in France helping his "business partners" build saddles and bridles. Not in Haiti being a generous human being. He is quite the oposite.