The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone here ride in a saddle made by Equine Inspired?

Just curious...Have a friend who is looking into ordering one & wanted to know about them if anyone has first hand experience.
    Thanks!

http://www.equineinspired.info/custo...the-horse.html
    Producing horses with gentle minds & brilliant movement!
    www.whitfieldfarm.shutterfly.com

Have one and absolutely LOVE it! The saddle is extremely comfy for myself and my horse, and his muscling has changed very positively since I got it. George is *fabulous* at what he does, but I think he's too busy sometimes. I use another person with his company for fittings and have been very happy with their service. You'll hear a lot of negative reviews from people here, which I believe have to do with years past? (I could be wrong) I've only been doing business with them since August of 2010. I understand they may have had issues before that, but I've never had anything but great service from them. PM me if you have more questions

Clicked on all the pages but surprisingly there seem to be no names attached to the "Us"
    - seems very odd for a business manufacturing custom saddles & retailing high end (Hennig) dressage saddles ...

My name is Ed Grant and I, bred trained and showed saddlebred horses for over 25 years. I live In Jefferson county Kentucky not far from Simpsonville Kentucky, the saddlebred capital of the world. Three years ago I decided to switch gears and I purchased a Friesian mare and decided to train her for dressage. I found out very soon that getting a saddle to fit the mare was going to be a challenge to say the least. After two years of trial and error with several saddle makers I stumbled across the “Equine Inspired” web site.I got in touch with George Gullikson, the owner of Equine Inspired, and and he agreed to come to my facility and take a look at my mare. As of this date I now poses a dressage saddle that fits the mare and me perfectly and I could not be more pleased. George is extremely knowledgeable of the requirements of the horse, the rider,and what it takes to build a saddle that works for both.

The design, material, and manufacturing quality is as good as it gets. If you are serious about a proper saddle fit I strongly suggest that you visit Equine Inspired web site and contact George.

I have a saddle from George Gullickson that I have had for about 15 years. It is a very well made saddle. I love that it is so adjustable. It was adjusted to fit my previous horse, then adjusted as my young horse has grown.

The saddle fitter who covers the Wisconsin area is fantastic! Can't comment about the service in your area; I can highly recommend the high quality of the product.

I have a Gullikson-Baines Aute de Airs, or "Excalibur" as I call it. It's phenomenal. My FEI horse is half-Arab and the saddle fits his round body and bigger shoulder perfectly. I have several friends and students in their saddles and it's made an incredible difference in both their horses way of going and their positions. There are 3 options for stirrup leather placement, depending on your pelvic shape. Riders who struggled with chair seat positions for years are instantly in the right place. We work primarily with George's son Chris, he's not a salesman, he's an engineer and he just wants to make stuff work, and does a fantastic job at it.

I have an Equine Inspired saddle - made by Frank Baines - it's a beautifully made saddle that fits both myself and my horse. Our saddle fitter is Chris Gullickson and he is just wonderful. My instructor rides in these saddles also. Mine is about four years old but looks brand new - and I use it 5-6 times a week.

Someone suggested this saddle to me for my hard to fit TB. Just out of curisosity, how much are we talking price wise? And his website seems to be 1 page with nothing on it. Is there another site? http://www.equineinspired.info/uploa...ember-2013.pdf
    "Punch him in the wiener. Then leave." AffirmedHope

You can find some on here: http://www.equineinspiredtouch.com/u...e-saddles.html

LOVE these saddles. Best saddle I have ever owned.
    Please excuse the typos...I'm always on my iPhone and autocorrect is not my friend. Yes I mean mares autocorrect...not mates.

There's one listed at Trumbull as well...http://www.trumbullmtn.com/store/dem...-haute-16-5-w/

My instructor has several clients who've purchased them...they love them, as does she. Has anyone here purchased one of their bridles?

Price range?

1 members found this post helpful.

Mine was used, $3500. New I think they're around $4K. That's more than a years worth of savings for me, but it fits my little FEI horse like a glove and it's amazing to sit in. As my husband says, "you ride the crap out of your stuff, might as well get something of quality that will last."