The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Tredstep paddock boots

There have been a few threads up here about the new Tredstep tall boots, but has anyone tried the paddock boots out? I've been looking for a replacement for my Ariats and these look nice but I haven't seen them in person. If you have seen them, tried them on, or have them, thoughts on quality and fit? I'm inbetween sizes (US 9.5), so not sure to go up or down a size in these. Thanks!

http://www.smartpakequine.com/produc...tclassid=9482&

I love mine! I ordered them off of Tack of the Day a month or so ago, so I can't really speak to their durability, but they seem to be pretty good quality so far, and the leather is nice. The fit is great and they come with 3 pairs of interchangeable footbeds so you can pick the optimal cushioning for your foot. I ordered the same size I wear in Danskos, a 39 (my running shoes are a 9, my dress shoes are usually an 8-8.5).

Land of palms, rattlesnakes, sand and fields of beautiful Tbs

They look nice. Are they narrow or do they come in wide widths? Do they zip in the back? I think I had a pair of treadstep paddock shoes years ago and they fit well and lasted forever. Ariats do not fit me. I have owned three pair and just cannot wear them. They are too narrow, the heel is too high and they do not last, even though I cannot wear them very long.
    Piney Woods

Mine don't zip in the back, they are the front zip variety:

http://www.todaysdod.com/item/15021920110311

I have pretty average width feet (maybe a touch on the wide side) and they fit me just fine. Don't know if they come in a wide though.

For what it's worth, I have always had Ariats. Depending on how these hold up, I probably won't be going back; the Tredsteps are much more comfortable for my feet!