The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default WEG '10 dressage freestyle DVD - worth it?

Hi guys,

Has anyone got a copy of the 2010 WEG dressage freestyle DVD? Is it worth getting - I'm not one for watching competition DVDs usually, prefer to purchase training or clinic DVDs instead, but after watching a couple of fabulous freestyles on youtube, I'm interested in seeing more.

Would anyone recommend it? Or just be satisfied with the camcorder versions on the 'tube? I loved the quality of the TopIberian version of Fuego XII's test (not so much a fan of Fuego, more a Parzival fan!) and wondered if the DVD quality was comparable.

Do the commentators talk throughout it?

If you DO have it... Who is your favourite freestyle couple? I would love to see Ravel's test.

If you think another freestyle DVD is better (i.e. 2006 WEG) let me know.

Thanks!

I dont have that DVD but after being there in person, hell yes I would recommend it. It was pretty amazing and even though I have a decent camera, Im sure it is nothing like what they can put on these DVDs, esp with the better camera angles, etc.
    ~~~~~~~~~

Member of the ILMD[FN]HP Clique, The Florida Clique, OMGiH I loff my mares, and the Bareback Riders clique!

Yes I was there and bought the DVD. It is Very enjoyable. Get a few horse friends together and have a post WEG party and watch it together.
    Friesians Rule !!

Absolutely. Especially Fuego's freestyle. I LOVE having those dvds. I was there in person and can relive it whenever I want.

I have that DVD, and I was there at the WEG. It is very enjoyable. I wish I had Totilas' GP Special test, that was their best ride- in my opinion. The last passage/piaffe tour down the centerline brought the crowd to their feet- 9's and 10's.

I have that DVD but have yet to watch it. Might be just the thing to do on this rather grey Monday afternoon....see Totilas's best ride at WEG