The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Who drives a Dodge (car)?

I've always had Japanese cars. Honda, Toyota, and my current car is a Lexus IS 250. Due to extensive hail damage I had a rental car a couple weeks ago. It was a Dodge Charger, and I really have to say that I kinda liked it. To the point that I'm considering one as my next car. So if you've had one (or any other Dodge car), what do you like and/or hate about it?
    "Life is too short to be a slave to the whims of others." -- RugBug, COTH

My drive-around-town, gas saving car is a Dodge Caliber. I like it. Mine is pretty basic, but doesn't cost a fortune to fill up. I also like that it's comfortable, easy to park and has quite a bit of room in it for a small car. I've had mine for over a year and a half and (touch wood) have never had any problems with it. Although I will say that I looooove my F-150 until I have to fill it up.

Default i luv my charger

I have a charger se..has the larger v6 and upgraded seats (cloth, I don't like leather) with the fold down back/armrest in the back. I have had it a couple years. It was the nicest and sportiest sedan I could find in the price range. Mine is a dark grey (almost a gun metal blue) tinted the windows and added a tailfin..looks awesome. I am in sales and travel in it alot. I am a tall woman, so the dimentions of the car fit me well and can fit 3 large male passengers without a problem. huge trunk. lots of space Gives a very smooth ride and has alot of pick up. I average 25mpg (city/hwy)

only drawback are tires. they come with crap tires, which really make a difference in wet or snow since the car is rearwheel drive. I switch to very good all weather tires and snow tires in the winter. if not, you cannot keep the front of the car on the road, with the better tires, no problem and it handles the snow beautifully.

I think for the price, I got alot of car. It isn't the snazziest of interiors and my only dislike is the light colored cloth that covers the shades and roof, gets dirty easily. Mine is an 08, when mercedes was doing the chassis so I'm not sure how the newer ones handle. But for the amount of beating my cars get, it holds up well. I get alot of compliments on the car and everyone seems very comfortable in it...it handles very sporty..and I've already gotten 2 speeding tickets with it...oops...
    I love my OTTB! I get my dressage test done faster!

Thanks for the encouoragement, bigbay. As for the tires, I live in the South, and we don't go out in the snow. Haha! The model I had was a 2010 SXT and I really did like it. Loved feeling the power under the hood. Might be my next car, who knows!
    "Life is too short to be a slave to the whims of others." -- RugBug, COTH

I have a 2003 Dodge Stratus and think it's great. I've been driving it for about a year and a half now and have had minimal trouble with it. I think they're great cars.

I recently had to get into a minivan to accommodate my daughter's larger wheelchair. Prior to that I was driving a 2005 Dodge Magnum R/T. I loved that car and had no issues with it. If it weren't for the wheelchair I'd still have it.

My van is a Chrysler. Personally, I hate it, but through no fault of the van. I'm just not the minivan type.
    "Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care." ~Jimmy Buffett

Have a Caliber and a 2500- Love both of them. They've been the lowest maintenance vehicles I've ever had
    “While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats.” Mark Twain

My mom would bleed Crysler whatever color it is. She has not driven anything else for 30 years. FIL drove theem for about 50 years. Sometimes the same one.

We had 2 minivans. Both had tranny problems at around 50K. One was fixed under warrenty the other so sorry we will pay 1/2. Uh, fool me twice shame on me.

Crysler would have to put a good product out for 10 years to get me to buy one. And they dont. Sorry. Gimme a Ford.
    “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.” Peter Drucker

My sister has a 2000 Dodge Intrepid and just loves it. Hasn't had any issues with it to speak of - tho the mileage isn't the best. It's a pretty hot car tho. LOL

I have 2 Dodge trucks which I love. So I thought I would go American and buy an American car last time around. I've always had Japanese (Nissan, toyota, subaru) I bought a Chrysler and I regret it. It just had all sorts of problems. Bad gas mileage. Small, irritating things breaking (like the "stopper" on the seat belt. You know, the thing that keeps it from sliding all the way down the side of your chair so that you can't reach it? There was a little button on it that fell off. I have tried putting other things on it to keep it from sliding down, but nothing seems to work. Irritating! Another thing is sometimes the volume button on the radio won't turn up...only down. it doesn't do this consistently enough to be able to fix it. Many other little irritating things like this, plus a few major things with the engine that are ...knock on wood... resoved now). The car will be paid off next month. I'm going back to Subaru! I still love my Dodge trucks, though!