The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone else working on Easter?

My med school does not consider Easter a school holiday, so I'm on-call today. I'm sitting at the hospital, been here since 7am, waiting for a patient to appear since the three patients I was following were discharged Friday. Given that it's a holiday, the number of people coming to the ER with non-complaints (things better managed on an outpatient basis) is down and no one has yet been admitted to the general medicine service.

I'm not particularly religious....holidays in my family are more about food than anything else. So I did make a cake last night to share with the other students and docs spending the holiday in the hospital. Thank goodness I can pass the time studying....err using the student Citrix server to get around the hospital server blockage of COTH.

Anyone else?
    BES
    Proudly owned by 2 chestnut mares
    Crayola Posse: sea green
    Mighty Rehabbers Clique

Yup, horses still need to eat and like to poop, so I am working...

I work every holiday. Freelance writing is generally a volume business, so I have to write as much as I can. Fortunately, today's projects are all horse related.
    "Are you yawning? You don't ride well enough to yawn. I can yawn, because I ride better than you. Meredith Michael Beerbaum can yawn. But you? Not so much..."
    -George Morris

Me too! People still get arrested on holidays, so I was at the courthouse this morning bright and early.

Yep. Horses don't seem to know that its a holiday . I don't mind though. We just do a ham for dinner and dye eggs so I wont be missing anything while I'm working.

Yup! Worked Good Friday, yesterday and Easter Monday. The trade off is that I get next Friday (AKA Royal Wedding day) and the following Sat off. (I'm not interested in the wedding, but it's my birthday so it's nice to have the day off. )
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

I just got in from trimming four of my youngsters. The cobblers kids, since I'm a trimmer, always get pushed to when my husband is here to help hold them for me and when I don't have other appts. We are worming the yearlings, moving horses around, and I'm finishing my broiler pen later. If I have time I'll garden.

I'm not religious much anymore so missing church does not bother me.

I submit my thesis on next Monday's bank holiday (in the UK). I've been working crazy hours to get it finished, which means I've been inside doing corrections for all of Holy week. I don't even get to see the Royal Wedding next week. *harumph*
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Coth's Resident Deatheater~

Yep, I work 24/7/365. I have my horses in my back yard. Today I decided it was kinda dreary and drizzly so it was a good day to clean the garage. Besides I think it's time to take the snow blower off the tractor and I do store the snow blower in the garage rather than the barn. Keeps more dust off it.
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

Yeah, but I'm trying to get out of it, as I woke up feeling icky and just keep feeling ickier as the minutes tick by.

Hopefully the ED stays like this and they'll let me out at 4pm (8 hrs early).

Bye bye, overtime

I go to work in 2 hours, but I really don't want to!! It's been a rough (emotional) morning, and I really want to call in. Not fun when you start crying behind the cash in the giftshop.....
    Riding the winds of change

Heeling NRG Aussies
    Like us on facebook!

People still want to shop so I am working tonight.

My work week is Thursday through Monday unless I move things around for a horse show or clinic.
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble