The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

Default Trump For President. Serious or not?

Is he serious or not? Would you vote for him? Why or why not?
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

12th floor of the Acme building in a city that knows how to keep it's secrets.

Ugh! Anyone stupid enough to be a 'birther' gets no love from me!
    You will not rise to the occasion, you will default to your level of training.

I don't know enough about his ideas, but I do think this country needs business people in charge, not lawyers and career politicians.

I don't think Trump is electable. We all know politicians have huge egos, but they try to suppress that in public.

Trump is way too out there with his ego to be likable enough to win.
    http://www.tbhsa.com/index.html

Originally Posted by JSwan
    I love feral children. They taste like chicken.

My students learned a new word today: plutocratic. Government by the wealthiest individual(s).

I nominate Oprah or Bill Gates.

I have such issues with Trumps' personal values and the business practices that have been publicized. But..I guess he pleases many people.

Quote Originally Posted by MyGiantPony View Post
    I don't know enough about his ideas, but I do think this country needs business people in charge, not lawyers and career politicians.

I don't think Trump is electable. We all know politicians have huge egos, but they try to suppress that in public.

Businesspeople who don't run their businesses into the ground, you mean.

A person or company always has the option of bankruptcy, of which Trump has availed himself more than once. A country, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Coanteen View Post
    Businesspeople who don't run their businesses into the ground, you mean.

A person or company always has the option of bankruptcy, of which Trump has availed himself more than once. A country, not so much.
    Agreed...wish this country had a Lee Iacocca to step up.
    http://www.tbhsa.com/index.html

Originally Posted by JSwan
    I love feral children. They taste like chicken.

How many times has he declared bankruptcy for his businesses? Yeah, that's a great track record. Just what we need.

SCFarm
    The above post is an opinion, just an opinion. If it were a real live fact it would include supporting links to websites full of people who already agreed with me.

www.southern-cross-farm.com

I wouldn't vote for him, simply because he's too out of touch with the "average" American. Now that can be said for a lot of politicians but something about it just seems worse in him. Not to mention that his company has filed for bankruptcy and he's a "birther"
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

I think he is causing many to really stop and think.

He has made questionable moves in the past so those have to be addressed. Have to look it up but only know of one bankruptcy filing. Back in the late 1980's when he aggressively expanded his real estate holdings just as the market fell, not to mention there were those who either worked to take him down or allowed him to go down. When he came back, with a larger company than before, he was/is still agressive but more calculated. He knows he is not invincable.

As far as the birther - well John McCain provided his birth certificate from the Panama Canal Zone. All Obama has provided is a certificate of live birth.
    The whole issue can be closed with a simple certified copy of the birth certificate. Which is what all of us have to provide in order to get a passport. So I wonder what the folks who are Hawaiian born do to get their passport?

As for Bill Gates, he is ballsy, but not the warmest person in the world. Teddy Turner was the one that convinced Gates to start donating some of his billions. Before Teddy talked to him Gates kept his money.
    Oprah is good, I respect her so much but we don't agree on many things.
    Now Iacocca or someone like him, a good start.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

Quote Originally Posted by MyGiantPony View Post

We have a "business person" as our governor right now. It's not going so well.
    "Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care." ~Jimmy Buffett

12th floor of the Acme building in a city that knows how to keep it's secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by fooler View Post
    As far as the birther - well John McCain provided his birth certificate from the Panama Canal Zone. All Obama has provided is a certificate of live birth.
    The whole issue can be closed with a simple certified copy of the birth certificate. Which is what all of us have to provide in order to get a passport. So I wonder what the folks who are Hawaiian born do to get their passport?.
    According to a friend who's daughter was born in Hawaii, she would show what Obama showed. It is a recognized birth certificate. Hawaii certified his birth.

I settled the birther thing in my own head pretty easily. If Obama was not the candidate, Hillary would have been. If the Clinton machine found nothing, it's not there.
    You will not rise to the occasion, you will default to your level of training.

While normally I would say no not in a million years..
    But if a choice between him and obama yeah you betcha. Then again at this point anyone other than obama would be a good choice.
    Friend of bar .ka

Quote Originally Posted by Midge View Post
    According to a friend who's daughter was born in Hawaii, she would show what Obama showed. It is a recognized birth certificate. Hawaii certified his birth.

I settled the birther thing in my own head pretty easily. If Obama was not the candidate, Hillary would have been. If the Clinton machine found nothing, it's not there.
    Well, if you're going to make decisions based only on what's in your head and on hearsay from an acquaintance, you shouldn't be calling other people stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Midge View Post

Link to US State Department for requirements for new passport application

Link to CDC - contact each state/territory for copy of documents including birth certificates - Hawaii.
    I will review the Hawaii site again later, have to care for critters.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

Quote Originally Posted by bumknees View Post
    While normally I would say no not in a million years..
    But if a choice between him and obama yeah you betcha. Then again at this point anyone other than obama would be a good choice.
    This........

Four years of looking at Trump's bad comb over would do me in.
    Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

I love him and his tell it like it is attitude. None of the PC crap.
    We need a intelligent financial leader in office, who knows how to run the Government like a business, not a community organizer who has tripled the deficit in 2 years.

I don't give a rats arse what someone looks like, as long as they can get us out of this financial disaster that our current leader has gotten us into.
    MnToBe Twinkle Star: "Twinkie"
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...wo/009_17A.jpg

Let's just pick a good lookin' son of a bitch, and go with that! Or a really hot woman! I mean, we can't seem to agree on anything else--just have a reality show to pick our new leader! Genius!

Quote Originally Posted by Calvincrowe View Post
    Is he serious or not? Would you vote for him? Why or why not?

Some smart person suggested once the financial disclosure came upon the candidates his house of cards would fall down as he is (supposedly) not as rich as he like the people to believe.

He seems to be an amusing distraction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvincrowe View Post
    Let's just pick a good lookin' son of a bitch, and go with that! Or a really hot woman! I mean, we can't seem to agree on anything else--just have a reality show to pick our new leader! Genius!
    That sounds like a plan...lol

Lemme see - Scott Brown from MA is pretty hot...

Pierce Brosnan? Yummy...
    MnToBe Twinkle Star: "Twinkie"
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...wo/009_17A.jpg