The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 206
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb. 14, 2003
    Location
    Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!
    Posts
    7,260

    Default Trump For President. Serious or not?

    Is he serious or not? Would you vote for him? Why or why not?
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul. 10, 2001
    Location
    12th floor of the Acme building in a city that knows how to keep it's secrets.
    Posts
    5,184

    Default

    Ugh! Anyone stupid enough to be a 'birther' gets no love from me!
    *****
    You will not rise to the occasion, you will default to your level of training.



  3. #3

    Default

    I don't know enough about his ideas, but I do think this country needs business people in charge, not lawyers and career politicians.

    I don't think Trump is electable. We all know politicians have huge egos, but they try to suppress that in public.

    Trump is way too out there with his ego to be likable enough to win.
    http://www.tbhsa.com/index.html

    Originally Posted by JSwan
    I love feral children. They taste like chicken.



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb. 14, 2003
    Location
    Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!
    Posts
    7,260

    Default

    My students learned a new word today: plutocratic. Government by the wealthiest individual(s).

    I nominate Oprah or Bill Gates.

    I have such issues with Trumps' personal values and the business practices that have been publicized. But..I guess he pleases many people.
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb. 20, 2010
    Location
    All 'round Canadia
    Posts
    6,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MyGiantPony View Post
    I don't know enough about his ideas, but I do think this country needs business people in charge, not lawyers and career politicians.

    I don't think Trump is electable. We all know politicians have huge egos, but they try to suppress that in public.

    Trump is way too out there with his ego to be likable enough to win.
    Businesspeople who don't run their businesses into the ground, you mean.

    A person or company always has the option of bankruptcy, of which Trump has availed himself more than once. A country, not so much.



  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coanteen View Post
    Businesspeople who don't run their businesses into the ground, you mean.

    A person or company always has the option of bankruptcy, of which Trump has availed himself more than once. A country, not so much.
    Agreed...wish this country had a Lee Iacocca to step up.
    http://www.tbhsa.com/index.html

    Originally Posted by JSwan
    I love feral children. They taste like chicken.



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct. 24, 2003
    Location
    The rolling hills of Virginia
    Posts
    5,892

    Default

    How many times has he declared bankruptcy for his businesses? Yeah, that's a great track record. Just what we need.

    SCFarm
    The above post is an opinion, just an opinion. If it were a real live fact it would include supporting links to websites full of people who already agreed with me.

    www.southern-cross-farm.com



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep. 2, 2008
    Location
    Greeley, Colorado
    Posts
    3,998

    Default

    I wouldn't vote for him, simply because he's too out of touch with the "average" American. Now that can be said for a lot of politicians but something about it just seems worse in him. Not to mention that his company has filed for bankruptcy and he's a "birther"
    **Friend of bar.ka**

    Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun. 25, 2004
    Location
    Carolinas
    Posts
    5,111

    Default

    I think he is causing many to really stop and think.

    He has made questionable moves in the past so those have to be addressed. Have to look it up but only know of one bankruptcy filing. Back in the late 1980's when he aggressively expanded his real estate holdings just as the market fell, not to mention there were those who either worked to take him down or allowed him to go down. When he came back, with a larger company than before, he was/is still agressive but more calculated. He knows he is not invincable.

    As far as the birther - well John McCain provided his birth certificate from the Panama Canal Zone. All Obama has provided is a certificate of live birth.
    The whole issue can be closed with a simple certified copy of the birth certificate. Which is what all of us have to provide in order to get a passport. So I wonder what the folks who are Hawaiian born do to get their passport?

    As for Bill Gates, he is ballsy, but not the warmest person in the world. Teddy Turner was the one that convinced Gates to start donating some of his billions. Before Teddy talked to him Gates kept his money.
    Oprah is good, I respect her so much but we don't agree on many things.
    Now Iacocca or someone like him, a good start.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim



  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec. 21, 2005
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    1,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MyGiantPony View Post
    I don't know enough about his ideas, but I do think this country needs business people in charge, not lawyers and career politicians.

    I don't think Trump is electable. We all know politicians have huge egos, but they try to suppress that in public.

    Trump is way too out there with his ego to be likable enough to win.
    We have a "business person" as our governor right now. It's not going so well.
    "Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care." ~Jimmy Buffett



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul. 10, 2001
    Location
    12th floor of the Acme building in a city that knows how to keep it's secrets.
    Posts
    5,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fooler View Post
    As far as the birther - well John McCain provided his birth certificate from the Panama Canal Zone. All Obama has provided is a certificate of live birth.
    The whole issue can be closed with a simple certified copy of the birth certificate. Which is what all of us have to provide in order to get a passport. So I wonder what the folks who are Hawaiian born do to get their passport?.
    According to a friend who's daughter was born in Hawaii, she would show what Obama showed. It is a recognized birth certificate. Hawaii certified his birth.

    I settled the birther thing in my own head pretty easily. If Obama was not the candidate, Hillary would have been. If the Clinton machine found nothing, it's not there.
    *****
    You will not rise to the occasion, you will default to your level of training.



  12. #12
    Join Date
    May. 11, 2004
    Posts
    2,355

    Default

    While normally I would say no not in a million years..
    But if a choice between him and obama yeah you betcha. Then again at this point anyone other than obama would be a good choice.
    Friend of bar .ka



  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar. 16, 2006
    Location
    Larkspur, Colo.
    Posts
    5,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midge View Post
    According to a friend who's daughter was born in Hawaii, she would show what Obama showed. It is a recognized birth certificate. Hawaii certified his birth.

    I settled the birther thing in my own head pretty easily. If Obama was not the candidate, Hillary would have been. If the Clinton machine found nothing, it's not there.
    Well, if you're going to make decisions based only on what's in your head and on hearsay from an acquaintance, you shouldn't be calling other people stupid.



  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun. 25, 2004
    Location
    Carolinas
    Posts
    5,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midge View Post
    According to a friend who's daughter was born in Hawaii, she would show what Obama showed. It is a recognized birth certificate. Hawaii certified his birth.

    I settled the birther thing in my own head pretty easily. If Obama was not the candidate, Hillary would have been. If the Clinton machine found nothing, it's not there.

    Link to US State Department for requirements for new passport application

    Link to CDC - contact each state/territory for copy of documents including birth certificates - Hawaii.
    I will review the Hawaii site again later, have to care for critters.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim



  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun. 4, 2008
    Location
    Close to Ocala,fl
    Posts
    837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bumknees View Post
    While normally I would say no not in a million years..
    But if a choice between him and obama yeah you betcha. Then again at this point anyone other than obama would be a good choice.
    This........



  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep. 1, 2004
    Location
    north of Atlanta GA
    Posts
    3,751

    Default

    Four years of looking at Trump's bad comb over would do me in.
    Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.



  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct. 14, 2004
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    9,064

    Default

    I love him and his tell it like it is attitude. None of the PC crap.
    We need a intelligent financial leader in office, who knows how to run the Government like a business, not a community organizer who has tripled the deficit in 2 years.

    I don't give a rats arse what someone looks like, as long as they can get us out of this financial disaster that our current leader has gotten us into.
    MnToBe Twinkle Star: "Twinkie"
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...wo/009_17A.jpg

    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!



  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb. 14, 2003
    Location
    Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!
    Posts
    7,260

    Default

    Let's just pick a good lookin' son of a bitch, and go with that! Or a really hot woman! I mean, we can't seem to agree on anything else--just have a reality show to pick our new leader! Genius!
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!



  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Packing my bags
    Posts
    33,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calvincrowe View Post
    Is he serious or not? Would you vote for him? Why or why not?

    Some smart person suggested once the financial disclosure came upon the candidates his house of cards would fall down as he is (supposedly) not as rich as he like the people to believe.


    He seems to be an amusing distraction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.



  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct. 14, 2004
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    9,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calvincrowe View Post
    Let's just pick a good lookin' son of a bitch, and go with that! Or a really hot woman! I mean, we can't seem to agree on anything else--just have a reality show to pick our new leader! Genius!
    That sounds like a plan...lol

    Lemme see - Scott Brown from MA is pretty hot...

    Pierce Brosnan? Yummy...
    MnToBe Twinkle Star: "Twinkie"
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...wo/009_17A.jpg

    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!



Similar Threads

  1. Trump supports Romney
    By jumpnow in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: May. 29, 2012, 12:54 PM
  2. 1965 Grand National- JAY TRUMP!!
    By ASB Stars in forum Racing
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Apr. 22, 2011, 04:12 PM
  3. Trump for President?
    By MajfrmNY in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: Mar. 21, 2011, 12:47 AM
  4. Replies: 249
    Last Post: May. 6, 2008, 10:10 PM
  5. Does earnings ever trump pedigree
    By Nekoda in forum Racing
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Jan. 1, 2008, 06:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •