The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Cats Rule & Dogs Drool!

Or the other way around

This is a piggy back off of the thread: "Bad Cat:Intro".

I recently added a feline to my little family. I have one cat at my farm that I rescued as well.

So I've had Rascal for exactly a week now. Last night I went straight from work, to have dinner with a friend.

Previous to last night.. I've come home to a seemingly empty house, with a still 'unsure' kitty under the bed that takes much prodding to come out and say hi.

Last night I came home to a kitty in the living room and a loud RAWR as if to say "Where the HELL have you been woman, you were due home 4 hours ago!"

And Rascal is now establishing rules:

#1: When I (rascal) gets on the bed, that means it is pay attention to ME time. It does NOT mean: pet me, and absently check your cellphone. Don't worry about what time it is, it's ME time, that's all you need to know! **IF** you decide to touch that device.. there will be consequences, said consequences involve me nipping your finger pissily when you least expect it, and getting off the bed and ignoring you until I deem appropriate. I will then get back on the bed, and SIT on said device...so that you absolutely cannot bother with it without seriously pissing me off. <grin >

Amendment to rule #1... you must allow at LEAST 20 minutes in the morning for ME time. If that involves you getting up 20 minutes earlier to allow for this, then so be it. I will not be ignored!

#2: If you *must* get in that human sized bowl, and turn on the water, you canNOT close the door. No, I do not want to come in there with you, albeit the door open or closed. BUT, I *Will* howl like I'm dying, until you open said door, so that I can see that you are safe in that human sized wet bowl, and that the wetness does not consume you, like I think it will me.

So this prompted me to start this thread so others can share their 4 legged pet's rules that us mere humans MUST abide by.

My barn cat:Buster has his own set of rules as well.

Buster #1: I own the farm. Don't you forget it.

#2: You will not feed those ginormous 4 legged beasts before you attend to me and my needs. See rule #1.

3# Ok. so you decided to forgo rule #2. So it is my duty to tag along behind you, make menacing faces to those overgrown beasts and show my distaste for their priority to you, and now I will sit on your shoulders and talk to you the whole way back to the barn, and then I will run and cut in front of your feet, trip you, make you curse, to make sure you don't forget about me... and well if you attended to me in the first place this WOULDN'T of happened!

Now everyone else's turn!

PS: Amazingly... I'm a dog person by first preference. But the cats seem to own me without much of an offering of opinion from me. LOL

Pictures:

http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j316/Imaftr05/Kitteh/
    "Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game."

LOL...awww well I guess I was the only one that thought I was funny!

Happy Easter All (ya, maybe that's why no one posted )

DSO, Happy Easter to you too! Your mean kitty stories are adorable-it sounds like you have a dictator on your hands! He definitely has serial delinquent eyes-BAD KITTEH! Methinks you should get Rascal a buddy, maybe a great big fat orange kitteh...I'm thinking a good 20-25 pounder, a genial sort who will rebuff stealth attacks with a sideways look and the eminent threat of squishing darling Rascal if he gets too spicy. Kind of a bouncer kitty. To keep you safe. (I love biiiig orange kitties.)

Cute story! Lol.

It's amazing how large their personalities are considering their size. Our cat definitely runs the house. Little calico brat.
    Every one of them had that look of a girl infatuated with horses, the happy, fated look of a passenger setting sail on the Titanic.

Quote Originally Posted by DontStrikeOut View Post
    LOL...awww well I guess I was the only one that thought I was funny!

Happy Easter All (ya, maybe that's why no one posted )
    I loved your post, but just now read it.

I've been over on the Off Topic forum, which is probably why there are not too many responses here!

Thanks!!!

LOL and I have considered a friend for the Rascal.... so far I think he is happy. We are in an apartment so I'm trying to hold out adding more to the menagerie until we're at least in a townhouse!

Really had fate work out though... cat is thrilled, he loves my son and my son loves him.

I get the excess benefits of sleeping with the cat at night and watching TV with him while the kid sleeps LOL.

He's got QUITE a personality and QUITE and opinion though! But that's how I like my animals lol!

"I'm holding out for the $100,000 Crossrail Classic in 2012." --mem
    "With all due respect.. may I suggest you take up Croquet?" --belambi
    Proud Member of the Opinionated Redhead Club!

LOL Betteroffred!!! Funny!