The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Which celebrity are you most over?

So many candidates.

Lindsay Lohan, Donald Trump, Charlie Sheen, all those reality stars....

And that's just from the news today!

I try to remain more or less ignorant of pop culture trends - celebrities just don't interest me that much. Nothing they do has ANY effect at all on my life.

I've never understood the celebrity-worship culture. This is not an indictment of those who do follow Hollywood, (except for the ones who are so obsessed that they ignore REAL news because "it's boring"). It just isn't for me.

That said: Charlie Sheen, Justin Bieber, Snooki, and probably a few more. I try to avoid them, but it's tough.

Lady Gaga, The Situation, anything about the Royal Wedding.
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

Most of them....enjoy looking at best and worst dressed at award events. So many names...so few I know who they are or what they done. Lady Gaga, Snooki, Sheen, Bieber......all seem so shallow with what is going that is so very
    important to our country and our way of life. Oh, yeah, add Oprah to the top of my list.

The other day on Morning Joe they were talking about the fact that (it was either the day of or the day after the Japan earthquake Tsunami) Charlie Sheen was still one of the top featured stories on virtually every network and newspaper. If I never heard of Oprah (I know she does great things with her power and money but you'd think her show ending was the end of the world), Lady Gaga, Bieber, Sheen, the Jersey Shore trash, and the other nothing people who are famous for bad behavior then I would be less irritated on a regular basis.
    I wish the press would cover things like the little boy, and a young man (who came to our Military post) and were Soldiers for a week through the Make-A-Wish foundation, and the 8 year old Girl Scout who led a project to send 600 boxes of Girl Scout cookies to Soldiers in Afghanistan in memory of her dad who was killed there. It bothers me that superficial people like Lindsay Lohan are very famous for bad behavior, and real life heroes are largely ignored.

Of course, now it's all over the internet, tv and magazines, but years ago they had all of the movie and show business fan magazines that were just as bad. I still remember (my aunt had stacks of this stuff) stories about "The Man in Jackie's Life" and it always turned out to be her son John Jr.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by JanM View Post
    It bothers me that superficial people like Lindsay Lohan are very famous for bad behavior, and real life heroes are largely ignored.
    That's the part that irks me. There is so much attention wasted on these people! And at least Lindsay Lohan became famous in the first place for some actual talent, if anyone can remember back that far, before she started getting in trouble. The Snooki types can't even say that much.

Anything related to Teen Mom. Exploiting those poor babies. I've never actually seen Teen Mom, I guess I have been over it from the start.

I'm so over them, I have forgotten who they were
    When people show you who they truly are, believe them. Maya Angelou

I don't even know who Snooki is!!!!

But Sheen, omg, he can disappear in the darkest hole as far as I am concerned... Bieber, well, he is local to me but still have not heard him sing. I ignore him totally.

Lindsay Lohan.. I wish they would keep her in jail and out of sight.

Right now, we have a federal election campaign going on in Canada and I wish all the candidates would disappear too. I am so over the promises already and 2 more weeks to go...

Everyone mentioned above AND Robert Pattenson. Or whatever his name is. The Twilight guy. Ho hum.
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

I CANNOT WAIT for the royal wedding to be over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't care less about it! I have a friend getting married the same day (they were born the same day so she said it is fitting the get married the same day) uuuuughhh

Also Ronnie and Sammi from the Jersey Shore are way more annoying than Snooki and the situation combined. Snooki I could care less about because she is annoying in an "omg she is so stupid" kind of way and the situation is just an idiot. Ronnie and Sammi and their relationship woes, and tears and whining, then more tears, then hitting each other UGH so horrendous I stopped watching the show.
    I WAS a proud member of the *I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday* clique..but now I am 30!!!!!!!!!!!
    My new blog about my Finger Lakes Finest:
    She Ain't No Small Potato!

The Kardashians. (How did they become famous in the first place? Because their mom married Bruce Jenner?) And of course, Lindsay Lohan.

The royal couple. Sorry, tired of it...I don't care if she throws the damn flowers!
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

So sick of Lady Gaga right now, it's just one stupid publicity stunt after another. And her latest music has been more than obnoxious.

Also WAY over Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan.

Kate Middle ... ton ... YAWN.

Love the Gaga, loved so much about her - "Bad Romance" and rocking the McQueen hoof shoes was sublime or wait, was it the Miracle Whip at the Poison Diner in "Telephone"?

Whatever.

Then she started stating in multiple interviews that it took her only 10 minutes or so to write all of her massive hits.

Then came the hideous, obvious rip off of territory well-trod in Ms. Ciccone's videos of 20 years ago with that awful "Alejandro" video. How cutting edge to whack the Catholic church.

And now she's fully and blatantly ripped off Madonna AGAIN in not just video, but music with "Born This Way." And is giving interviews stating that neither she nor her producers ever - gasp! - heard any of "Respect Yourself" in the song. Despite the fact that millions of us worldwide have heard the blatant similarities.

We grow impatient with being treated like morons, Gaga.

Gwynneth Paltrow...OVEREXPOSED. I think she singlehandedly ruined "Glee" for me.
    "I'm holding out for the $100,000 Crossrail Classic in 2012." --mem
    "With all due respect.. may I suggest you take up Croquet?" --belambi
    Proud Member of the Opinionated Redhead Club!

Its not nowhere, but you can see it from here

Anybody on reality tv or remotely associated with vampires. Royal wedding and also the entire slew of 20 somethings in Hollywood that can't string 3 coherent words together. Lohan & family and Kardashians

And Jamie Oliver should be hanged, drawn and quartered. Arrogant, misinformed, under educated prick.
    From AliCat518 "Seriously, why would you NOT put fried chicken in your purse?!"

Quote Originally Posted by BetterOffRed View Post
    Gwynneth Paltrow...OVEREXPOSED. I think she singlehandedly ruined "Glee" for me.
    I agree on the general overexposure, although I enjoyed her very much on Glee the first time around, somewhat the second time. Third time was not a charm for me.

Oddly enough, I don't care for her as a person, but I do think she's a good actress, and she was in two movies I love, Emma and Shakespeare in Love.

I read a funny article about her just the other day that pretty much sums up my opinion:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/keli-g..._b_850798.html

Sheen, Trump, Palin, Jersey Shore group, Teen Moms......

Though I'm still enjoying the details of the Royal Wedding

D) All of the above

Am happy to see that the obnoxious blond (Heidi) and her idiot husband (Spencer) and the girl with the weird eyes (Audrina?) are finally considered has beens. I can't remember the stupid MTV show they were on, but it's right up there with Jersey Shore. Who watches/believes in that crap and why does the media put them in the spotlight?

It's almost like the TV executives only want to appeal to the "lowest common denominator".

I'll gladly take an old black and white film over any of these shows that create overnight/fleeting "celebrities"...
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg