The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Tunes 2 Go Saddle Speaker?

Wondering if anyone has used one of these... I'm interested in this one (http://www.dressageextensions.com/Pr....asp?KEY=25871) but can't find any reviews on it. I'd love to get one to be able to ride in the outdoor with music, and I hate riding with headphones.

Has anyone come up with other creative ideas to listen to music while riding?

I haven't tried that one, but have the one Dressage Extensions used to sell that has a saddle pad with sewn on pockets for the speakers and your iPod. My horse sweats a lot so it was a pain to take apart to wash.

I bought this and attach it to the d ring. It does bounce around sometimes, and I go through one every year, but for $10 - $15 I've been very happy with it! You can also add Velcro to the outside and Velcro it to the billet strap.

I haven't used either of those before (the iLuv is adorable though LOL), but quite a few years ago I saw an ad for a product that I wanted very much. It's called "Kerr-tunes" I think and a friend got me one back in 2004.
    I don't use it often, but it has held up well. It's a fanny pack with three segments and two small computer speakers in two of the compartments. You can put a tape player, cd player or iPod in the third pocket.
    I like it.
    "Reason is, and ought to be, the slave of passions." David Hume

Quote Originally Posted by cinar12oto View Post
    nice song i like it
    Reported. (This is the second time in five minutes I've seen this exact post on a thread.)

I have this really cool device. I love it because I can update the music with my current favorite songs and it stores thousands of songs. Not only can I use it riding, I can use it running, doing housework, riding my bike, etc.

It's called an Ipod.

Quote Originally Posted by baroqueNheart View Post
    I have this really cool device.

It's called an Ipod.
    We plug our iPods into all of the items we have been discussing! The OP wanted an option without headphones. My Nano and my newer iPod Touch play out loud, but the quality is much better through speakers.

iPods can do much more than just store lots of songs. I have a walk/trot/canter mix of songs that match my horse's gaits. I switch up the order of songs weekly, and have the gait listed as the genre so it is easy to pick two trot songs, then 2 canter songs, than a walk break song, ect.

Zarafia, that is the saddle pad I have too! Dressage Extensions doesn't sell it anymore, and mine is packed too well to check the name on it.

What I have isn't a saddle pad, actually. It is a fanny pack, which keeps it from getting soaked through with horse sweat LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarafia View Post
    What I have isn't a saddle pad, actually. It is a fanny pack, which keeps it from getting soaked through with horse sweat LOL.
    You did say fanny pack the first time I just read the three separate compartments and thought of the saddle pad. I would think the fanny pack would get in the way sometimes?

It does, but it's made so that the bulky parts are in the back. Plus, I worry for it if I should fall off LOL.

Do they still make portable radios with CD players? I used to have what in the old days was politically inncorrectly called a "ghetto blaster" and played cassettes. Now I use the IPOD. I'm still waiting for the covered arena with the piped in music system.

Quote Originally Posted by baroqueNheart View Post
    I have this really cool device. I love it because I can update the music with my current favorite songs and it stores thousands of songs. Not only can I use it riding, I can use it running, doing housework, riding my bike, etc.

It's called an Ipod.
    Oh my god, aren't you just the coolest sh*t on the block.

Thanks for everyone else's input! I'll let you guys know how the Tunes to Go speaker works

I thought I wanted one(tunes to go) but now seeing the (I Luv)....gotta have IT!
    "Success comes in cans, not in cannots!"