The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar. 22, 2011
    Posts
    110

    Default I don't believe it...



    Beautiful Friesian for only $3k?!!

    I don't know the owner/seller/etc or why this horse is so cheap, but they have other lovely horses for cheap as well. They look sound, sturdy, and ready to go. I thought I would pass them on, as I figured someone around here might be close by and interested.

    Any thoughts as to why so cheap? It looks structurally sound to me...



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun. 26, 2004
    Posts
    2,345

    Default

    HMMMMMMMMM= "shake his head???????" starting to "shake his head from walk training? sounds like he needs lots and lots of remedial walk/trot/canter to be a dressage prospect



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul. 24, 2008
    Posts
    1,100

    Default

    They left a zero off the price or the head shaking is due to an inoperable brain tumor.
    Dawn

    Patience and Consistency are Your Friends



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug. 8, 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,235

    Default

    this screams scam to me. That or theres something huge they arent disclosing. If its too good to be true, it probably is.

    There is a thread in the off course section about Trina Lee Kenney going to jail for selling sick horses/different horses than people actually purchased. Here's a quote from the article online:

    Kenney attempted to sell a horse to an FBI agent and a United States Postal Inspector, who were both acting in an undercover capacity. After accepting $5,000 in payments for the purchase of “Azure”—a Friesian mare Kenney had fabricated—Kenney did not respond to inquiries from the undercover agents.

    heres the article:

    http://losangeles.fbi.gov/dojpressre...1/la041411.htm



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan. 5, 2007
    Posts
    500

    Default

    Both ads seem off and scam like. The wording in them is an issue for me. Hope no one falls for it.



  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chebeau View Post
    Both ads seem off and scam like. The wording in them is an issue for me. Hope no one falls for it.
    Agreed.



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep. 20, 2008
    Location
    Beautiful Western Washington
    Posts
    1,342

    Default

    scam... Ive seen a bunch of these.. same ad, different state.
    www.windhorsefrm.org and on Facebook too!
    Where mares rule and Basset Hounds drool!



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar. 22, 2011
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wehrlegirl View Post
    scam... Ive seen a bunch of these.. same ad, different state.
    Exact ad?


    To the Crazy Friesian Lady article: I read that earlier. Some people


    I would like to think people are honest. The other horse in question doesn't look like it could go GP level necessarily, but PSG for sure at least.

    I guess it's a good thing I'm not in the market if these are scams. I'd be out a couple thousand bucks.



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar. 22, 2011
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Dear lord.
    I just read the description (skimmed it before). Total scam. "Flat walk"? Friesians don't have a flat walk as far as I know. Gaited horses do. "Head shaking" to me = head bobbing in the "big lick" etc. This screams "pieced together" to me. Odd grammar/punctuation, and why is he just a trail horse but photos are upper level dressage-looking? ... Yep.


    You caught me. I can be gullible. Hahaha.



  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep. 20, 2008
    Location
    Beautiful Western Washington
    Posts
    1,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarionHorse View Post
    Exact ad?


    To the Crazy Friesian Lady article: I read that earlier. Some people


    I would like to think people are honest. The other horse in question doesn't look like it could go GP level necessarily, but PSG for sure at least.

    I guess it's a good thing I'm not in the market if these are scams. I'd be out a couple thousand bucks.
    http://www.horsetopia.com/for-sale/classifieds/ad498291
    Like this. .. if you go to Horsetopia and search friesians this ad is up about 6 times but all for different states.. cant remember how I found this out.. I think like you I couldnt believe I was see a horse so cheap.
    www.windhorsefrm.org and on Facebook too!
    Where mares rule and Basset Hounds drool!



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep. 13, 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Read the ad and thought it was okay (little weird maybe?) until the "headshaking". They make it sound as something desireable.... What a bunch of BS! Makes me almost want to call that lady ;-)



  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul. 5, 2006
    Location
    Frederick, MD. Canada originally!
    Posts
    2,498

    Default

    You can tell from the first few lines that this is a scam.



  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar. 5, 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    406

    Default

    I have seen a ton of scam ads on Friesians... people posting that type of stuff need to get jobs!
    Welcome to my dressage world http://www.juliefranzen.blogspot.com/



  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov. 20, 2003
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wehrlegirl View Post
    http://www.horsetopia.com/for-sale/classifieds/ad498291
    Like this. .. if you go to Horsetopia and search friesians this ad is up about 6 times but all for different states.. cant remember how I found this out.. I think like you I couldnt believe I was see a horse so cheap.
    In the above ad, if you click "see all ad by this seller" it shows the the horse is posted a bunch of times in different states. I emailed the so called owner and asked where the horse is located and if they have pictures.
    Things Take Time



  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan. 24, 2000
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Horsetopia is the WORST as far as having a ton of scam ads. Search for all the Friesians, Andalusians and Gypsy Vanners on that site and you will see the same photo with different info (sometimes the same horse is either a mare or a stallion!) Google the "seller's" phone and you will see fake ads all over the world, sometimes for dogs, too.



  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan. 24, 2000
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Whoopsie, this same horse is for sale all over the world!
    http://www.horsetopia.com/for-sale/h...arm335796.html



  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug. 15, 2010
    Posts
    2,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NJRider View Post
    Horsetopia is the WORST as far as having a ton of scam ads. Search for all the Friesians, Andalusians and Gypsy Vanners on that site and you will see the same photo with different info (sometimes the same horse is either a mare or a stallion!) Google the "seller's" phone and you will see fake ads all over the world, sometimes for dogs, too.
    This is sadly true. I know someone whose stallion has shown up "for sale" about 10 times on this site. For prices ranging from $1500 to $10,000. Horsetopia and Craigslist are full of scams.



  18. #18
    Join Date
    May. 10, 2009
    Location
    NC piedmont
    Posts
    2,327

    Default

    But he gets along great with strangers, kids, and other household pets! That has to be worth at LEAST an extra zero!



  19. #19
    Join Date
    May. 15, 2003
    Location
    northern California
    Posts
    1,445

    Default

    I don't think I would ever want to buy a horse with a temperament of 1! That's like one step from being dead!
    Hoppe, Hoppe, Reiter...
    Wenn er faellt dann schreit er...

    Quote Originally Posted by mbm View Post
    forward is like love - you can never have enough



  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar. 22, 2011
    Posts
    110

    Default

    I'm curious as to why he's getting along with household pets. Do you think they toilet trained him, too?



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness