The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

image56 Guest

Default Boarding around Purcellville to Berryville, VA

Looking for a dressage boarding facility somewhere around Purcellville, Berryville, VA area. Moving to the area in July.

I don't know of too many dressage barns in that area that just offer boarding. A lot of the trainer-owned barns require you to have the horse in training, or at least purchase a minimum number of lessons per month.
    You can find some referrals for trainers on this thread:
    http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=126517

I would also recommend that you join the Northern VA Chapter of the VA Dressage Association - www.vadanova.org
    The web site has some classified ads, and there are ads for trainers in their newsletter (also on the site).
    You can also look at sites like www.virginiaequestrian.com , it has a lot of facilities listed in its Green Pages.
    Personally, I've worked with Alison Head for nearly 20 years, so she's my top recommendation if you want a good facility with exceptional care at a reasonable price, plus a trainer who has made multiple FEI horses herself. Alison is in Hamilton, near Purcellville. One of her students, Carolyn Jackson, has a farm near Berryville, just over the WV line.
    Amateur rider, professional braider.
    ----
    Save a life, adopt a pet.

Alison Head's place, Looking Glass Farm is in Hamilton.
    http://www.lgfsporthorses.com/1801.html
    Boyle Heights Kid 1998 OTTB Dark Bay Gelding
    Tinner's Way x Sculpture by Hail to Reason
    "Once you go off track, you never go back!"

As a previous poster said, most require some form of a training package or agreement, if you are interested in an arrangement like that try Performance Sporthorses at Hunt Club Farms, Berryville www.performancesporthorsesllc.com, pm me for more info if you are interested.

In Winchester 30 minutes from Berryville. Bright Moon Farm has reasonable fees, good turn out, real nice indoor. Young resident trainer. Brings in FEI clinician monthly. Brightmooneventing.com