The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I am so sorry for you. I am a cat person and know how much it sucks to lose one.

I am sorry for your loss. I lost a good barn cat to a coyote 2 months ago. It is never easy.

Hi again darkmoonlady ~

We've just opened up our new forum, The Menagerie, which will provide a place for COTHers to share about their lives with the other members of their furry (or feathered, scaled, etc.) families.

We've moved your thread here...best wishes.
    Mod 1

RIP Willow... I'm so sorry. It is obvious how much you loved her (and always will).

I can relate... I just lost my Leo two weeks ago tomorrow. Although his death was expected (carcinomatosis), he still leaves a big hole.

Thanks Mods for moving the thread and for the new forum. It's great to have a place to talk about all the other critters we love in addition to horses.

Vince woke us up this morning meowing for Willow, seems she has left a big empty space in house and we're feeling lost without her here. I had no plans to get another cat soon but if Vince doesn't perk up we may find him a buddy sooner rather than wait. Poor guy.

Default I'm so sorry!

I'm very sorry! I lost my feline soul mate a few years ago unexpectedly at age 6 1/2 and I was devastated. I hate that this happened. Sending hugs!
    Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Goethe

HUGS
    There's coffee in that nebula.

So sorry you lost Willow.

All cats are special, I do think that siamese and their mixes are a different kind of special.

We did lose our rottie to severe, uncontrollable seizures and the vet told us there is nothing you can do then.
    Tell your husband sorry, he at least tried.

Default so sorry for your loss

That must be heartbreaking to just have her go like that. [[[[[hugs]]]]]]]]]]]
    Another killer of threads

So sorry for your loss. Their lives are way too short.

I am so sorry for your loss. Willow was a very fortunate cat to have had you for her person. Jingles.
    Founder of the People Who Prefer COTH Over FB Clique
    People Who Hate to Rush to Kill Wildlife Clique!
    "I Sing Silly Songs to My Animals!" Clique

I am so sorry about your loss of Willow. It is always hard to lose a beloved pet.
    I saw the angel in the marble and I set him free. - Michaelangelo

We are supposed to get her ashes back today and my husband and I are going to have a small ceremony. We had a rough night last night just being sad. Willow was so much a part of our lives, things remind of us her everywhere. Her regular vet is supposed to call me back today and talk about possible causes. I know it won't bring her back, I am just hoping for some closure and maybe a reason why my beautiful girl left us so quick and so young.

Outside Ocala FL - Horse Capital of the World

I'm so sorry for your loss, it is doubly hard when they are young and go suddenly.
    There are friends and faces that may be forgotten, but there are horses that never will be. - Andy Adams

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I spoke with her vet and he seemed to think from what happened it was Feline Cardiomyopathy and that she died from a blood clot. He said it is very much like when an athelete dies suddenly despite looking healthy. He said even if we had had her at the vets office when it happened they couldn't have saved her.

Our other cat Vince howled at night and early in the morning for her. My husband is Vince's person and he fretted over him, getting up at all hours to play with him so he wouldn't be lonely. We talked about it and even though we weren't really ready for another cat so soon after losing Willow we went to the local Animal Control and looked.

My husband really wanted a female cat again so we looked at the girl kitties but none of them seemed right (we spent hours in the cat room). On the way out we stopped off one more time to look at the other cats and a small grey cat with socks jumped up on my lap and started kissing me and sucking on my ear. The staff of volunteers there had gotten to know this guy and said that was WAY out of character that he usually was running around the place like a hyperactive kid. He then went from me to my husbands shoulders and then back to me again. That kinda sealed the deal. He chose us I think more than we so much chose him.

We've named him Sage and Vince was a little dubious at first and growled at him pretty much the whole first day, but as I'm writing this they are starting to play with each other. He can't ever replace Willow, she was a once in a lifetime girl that I miss every minute of the day. Sage is a sweetie and as we all heal from losing Willow he'll be well loved and have a great life with us.

I am so sorry for your loss. Grief is the price we pay for love. Sending many hugs your way!!!