The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default OT. So sad my cat just died.

Sorry Mods I know this is not horse related, but with all the animal lovers here I came for some solace. My sweet beautiful cat Willow collapsed and died this evening. She was fine one second and the next she was on the floor having a seizure. My husband saw it happen and bless him he tried to give her CPR but she was gone very fast. There was no time to even get her to the vet. I am overwhelmed with grief. There was no warning she was very healthy and playing just about an hour before with our other cat Vince. This was my heart cat, my constant companion. I'm in a wheelchair and I'm at home a lot so she was with me always. I couldn't go to the bathroom without her tagging along and she was what we call head cat in the house. She got my husband and I up everymorning and let us know if we were up too late and it was time for bed. I just don't know how to get through the day without her. She knew me in the way cats know their person, she slept in my wheelchair when I wasn't it and was ever mindful of her tail around my wheels. She trilled at me first thing, and would shove her head in my hand before I was even awake.

I thought of taking her to the vet to find out what happened, but I think she had an aneurysm or a seizure. I don't think she got into anything she was very much NOT into tasting anything but cat food. I guess I will never know. She is being cremated and I'll keep her ashes with me. I will forever miss you my sweet Willow girl, you were steadfast, funny and a true friend.

I'm so very sorry.

Wow......sorry about your furry friend.

I'm so sorry for your loss. She sounds like she was really special. She was really lucky to be so well loved.

Hugs to you {{{{{{darkmoonlady}}}}}} Jingling for your spirits to rise and for the sweet memories of Willow to replace the sadness of today. How old was Willow? Can you link to Facebook or somewhere so we can see pictures of your beautiful cat?
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

Willow was about 8-9, I adopted her from the Humane Society when she was about five or six months old after my 16 year old died.
    here is a facebook link to a pic of her. She was a beautiful Snowshoe Siamese.
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/f...type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/f...type=1&theater
    Thanks for the replies, I can't sleep tonight so I'm up wandering the internet for answers.

Very sorry. Sounds like she was special and well loved. It's always so hard to say goodbye....
    I'm not tense, just terribly, terribly alert!
    If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to be a horrible warning!

Hugs for you, OP. I am so sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful cat and she sounds very special. Not knowing what happened is so difficult, but take comfort in that she went quickly. Jingles for you to find some peace.

I am so sorry. Those Snowshoe and Siamese types are so special. Have one
    called Preacher who was a bottle baby I was fostering and previously had a
    Siamese mix, maybe Balinese mix, who was so special. All the Siamese mixes
    I foster seem to have something special about them.

May her memories ease the grief of losing her.
    Julie
    www.centaurfencing.com
    Safer, Stronger, Lasts Longer!
    Godspeed BARBARO--Run fast and free!

She really was a beauty.
    I am so sorry for your loss.Hugs to you and your husband.
    www.ctannerjensen.com
    http://ctannerjensen.blogspot.com/
    Equine Art capturing the essence of the grace,strength, and beauty of the Sport Horse."

I'm so very, very sorry. My first cat was a Siamese. She was more dog than cat (played fetch, among other things) and very opinionated! Godspeed Willow.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

I am so sorry for your loss. Big Hugs to you.

So sorry, its always so hard when they go like that. Hugs to you and your husband.

Despite this thread not being horse-related, we're going to leave it open so the OP can receive a little comfort from the community after losing Willow.

We actually have a surprise slated for Monday that will provide more opportunity for folks to talk about the other members of their bands of critters...darkmoonlady, send me a reminder and we can rehome your thread then.

Our condolences on your loss.
    Mod 1

So sorry for your loss, it is very hard to loose your special friend. I had a Siamese cross for 21 years. Mighty was so smart and so people oriented. Hugs to you!

I am sorry for your loss, I lost my heart cat several years ago in a similar situation, she was fine and playing with my roommate one minute, had a seizure/heart attack and was gone just like that.

What comforted me was knowing she was happy and loved when she died, and it was quick. I'm sure all of us animal lovers have had a pet that slowly went downhill.

Take comfort in the fact your hubby was with her at the end, if only all animals could go surrounded by their "family".

So sorry (((((Hugs)))))

LBR
    I reject your reality, and substitute my own- Adam Savage

R.I.P Ron Smith, you'll be greatly missed

So sorry for you loss! Loosing a member of your family is so hard. Sending heart hugs your way.
    I have a perfect body, it's in the trunk and it's starting to smell!

I'm so sorry.

Mod 1, thank you for understanding.

http://community.webshots.com/user/ballyduff
    \"If you are going through hell, keep going.\" ~Churchill~

I'm sorry you've lost your Willow kitty. She may have had a stroke. We lost our Rocky about a year and a half ago and found out from the vet that strokes are relatively common in cats.

I know it's small comfort but as my vet told me, all they want is to be loved and fed and warm. You provided that for Willow and she knew love every day from the day you adopted her.