The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

enroberts Guest

Default Melvin Dutton

My wife and I have recently taken over the barn and we are now accepting boarders in Atglen, PA where Melvin Dutton used to operate his business (Breaking Point Stables, now called Serenity Stables). We have never met Melvin but have heard nothing but wonderful things about him. I'm trying to get in touch with him, but cannot find up to date contact info anywhere. Does anyone here know how to find Mr. Dutton? I'd love to just be able to chat with him a bit and get to know the legend that seems to be Melvin Dutton.

I know he's judged for Friendly Horseman's pretty regularly. Contact them, I'm sure they can help you.
    http://www.tbhsa.com/index.html

Originally Posted by JSwan
    I love feral children. They taste like chicken.

Default Melvin Dutton

He is judging the PAHA show on Sunday at Friendly's Horseman in Denver.
    We trained with him while he was at your new farm. He was amazing!

Look up the prizelist (online) for the Kimberton Hunt Club show in May and he has an ad in there with all of his contact info.

Melvin & Colleen are the best
    Our horses know our secrets; we braid our tears into their manes and whisper our hopes into their ears.

I happen to have his phone # saved in a text mesg. Never called him myself, but I will pm you with it!

I don't know his number but I have ridden in shows that he has judged since I was three years old (now 23) and he is by far my very favorite judge. I love love love that he talks to all the kids about what they did that he liked, disliked and what they can work on He is always very fair. There should be more like him!
    -SW-
    Precious Few- 1998 OTTB

enroberts Guest

Thanks very much for all your responses! Sorry it took so long for me to get back to the forum, but we have been so busy getting the farm back in shape for boarders to come back to the farm. Things have really come together there! We look forward to having some shows later this year and hope to see some of you there. Thanks again, Neal

www.serenitystablesonline.com

Melvin Dutton has the bestest of reputations in the Lancaster/Chester PA area. He complimented my showmanship at our 4-H horse show a few years back and it was one of those compliments I will keep with me forever! Good luck getting ahold of him and with the farm. I will certainly check it out and see if it fits in my show schedule

He's judging a 4-H show next weekend? Or the weekend after that. He's one of the nicest men you'll ever meet. Always willing to help young riders.