The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raconteur View Post
    So sorry, looks like a revised report was loaded after my last post. Previous report was run at 1:30 am, Wed. April 13. First name on the list was NOT Amanda Adair, and the charges were far more serious - 3 counts of criminal attempt child molestation and 3 counts of criminal attempt aggravated child molestation. I have a screen cap of the previous PDF from April 13 which shows the name, the charges, and the arrest date of 4/11/2011. It appears the party in question (a dressage trainer) has bonded out and is no longer part of the jail population.

Yes, but these are charges NOT convictions. Why create drama if there is no conviction?
    Most people don't need a $35,000 horse. They need a $1,000 horse and $34,000 in lessons.

"I don't have to be fair… . I'm an American With a Strong, Fact-Free Opinion." (stolen off Facebook)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBarnRules View Post
    Why create drama if there is no conviction?
    Sorry. I forgot where I was for a moment...

I'll take a G&T, lots of lime.
    Most people don't need a $35,000 horse. They need a $1,000 horse and $34,000 in lessons.

"I don't have to be fair… . I'm an American With a Strong, Fact-Free Opinion." (stolen off Facebook)

yes and just WHO is this Ryan Reynolds guy?
    "The Threat of Internet Ignorance: ... we are witnessing the rise of an age of equestrian disinformation, one where a trusting public can graze on nonsense packaged to look like fact."-LRG-AF

http://bios.weddingbee.com/pics/48391/ryan_reynolds.jpg

oh. (but I'd feel I was robbing the cradle...)

G&T here too please, unless there's more tequila...
    "The Threat of Internet Ignorance: ... we are witnessing the rise of an age of equestrian disinformation, one where a trusting public can graze on nonsense packaged to look like fact."-LRG-AF

Quote Originally Posted by CatOnLap View Post

Babies don't have muscles like that.

!!!!!! Catonlap, thank you for posting that link.
    Quote Originally Posted by alicen View Post
    We have no intentions of tarring and feathering anyone: this is now a thread about dipping Ryan Reynolds in chocolate.

mika1 Guest

Default To the OP

I have never posted here and have no interest in internet forums. I heard about this because gossip travels at high speeds in the horse world.

This I feel is a personal attack against this trainer. You do NOT have all the facts. You need to quit posting speculation on the internet. This arrest did happen but the charges are FALSE! I personally know this trainer and I know what is going on. He is of wonderful character and would not do what he is horridly being accused of. Haven't you ever heard of innocent until proven guilty?? This was a sting type arrest, many were accused of the same crime, and he got mixed up in it. He will be proven innocent. But because of people like you, this may not matter. People like you do damage and most tend to believe gossip as truth.

KNOW THE FACTS before you try to ruin someones reputation out of personal spite or carelessness, whichever may be true in your case.

Quote Originally Posted by CatOnLap View Post

G&T here too please, unless there's more tequila...
    Quote Originally Posted by mika1 View Post
    I have never posted here and have no interest in internet forums. I heard about this because gossip travels at high speeds in the horse world.

This I feel is a personal attack against this trainer. You do NOT have all the facts. You need to quit posting speculation on the internet. This arrest did happen but the charges are FALSE! I personally know this trainer and I know what is going on. He is of wonderful character and would not do what he is horridly being accused of. Haven't you ever heard of innocent until proven guilty?? This was a sting type arrest, many were accused of the same crime, and he got mixed up in it. He will be proven innocent. But because of people like you, this may not matter. People like you do damage and most tend to believe gossip as truth.

KNOW THE FACTS before you try to ruin someones reputation out of personal spite or carelessness, whichever may be true in your case.
    Okay, this is officially the most schizo multiple personality disorder thread I have ever read.

The people, the people, the people...
    2012 goal: learn to ride like a Barn Rat

A helmet saved my life.

mika1 Guest

Huh? I'm simply defending this trainer who I know personally.Why is that psycho? I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by mika1 View Post
    Huh? I'm simply defending this trainer who I know personally.Why is that psycho? I'm confused.
    If you read back, the thread took a left turn a while back. Your response is very serious, and is about a very serious matter. But many others are drooling over pictures of Ryan Reynold's six pack.

The OP was deliberately vague and many people called her on it. OP wanted to publicly shame this person without being too obvious about it and just spelling out what the link was to and what the charges were. It confused people. They started eating brownies and drinking gin and tonics.

Welcome to COTH!
    2012 goal: learn to ride like a Barn Rat

A helmet saved my life.

so let me get this straight...
    a dressage instructor was accused of molesting Ryan Reynolds, or is Ryan Renolds the dressage instructor?
    At any rate if it's the Ryan Reynolds in Cat On Lap's pic, where do I sign up for lessons? do they take trailer ins?

gin please... make it a double with 3 limes and a splash of cran
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble

mika1 Guest

LOL. You girls just made me laugh so hard. I needed that!! It's been a very stressful day with all this going on. I did see that the thread turned, I was just late getting here, and wanted to defend my friend.

Thanks for the welcome! I'm normally not so mad

Quote Originally Posted by Petstorejunkie View Post
    so let me get this straight...
    a dressage instructor was accused of molesting Ryan Reynolds, or is Ryan Renolds the dressage instructor?
    At any rate if it's the Ryan Reynolds in Cat On Lap's pic, where do I sign up for lessons? do they take trailer ins?

gin please... make it a double with 3 limes and a splash of cran
    OMG. Just BLEW a nice glass of Cabernet out my nose. Petstorejunkie, you OWE me!

For the record, Ryan Reynolds is MY dressage instructor; we do thousands and thousands of stomach crunches before every lesson, and then we rub each other down with Absorbine linament.
    "Go on, Bill — this is no place for a pony."

Quote Originally Posted by InWhyCee Redux View Post
    OMG. Just BLEW a nice glass of Cabernet out my nose. Petstorejunkie, you OWE me!

For the record, Ryan Reynolds is MY dressage instructor; we do thousands and thousands of stomach crunches before every lesson, and then we rub each other down with Absorbine linament.
    This thread delivers! (I still don't know who Ryan Reynolds is - I take it he's someone who probably looks good naked?)

my brother and I were arrested once on the false charges of a woman who was the "bite the hand that feeds you" type. We posted bail, showed up in court, I explained what was going on, and the judge dropped the case.

That was a shock though, for the local sheriff to come by and tell us we were under arrest. We had no idea for what until he told us. He knew us, and he knew it was fake.

One of our good friends was a district rep in the state government, and I suspect he had something to do with the slight change of law that happened soon after, making it harder for one person to have another arrested.

Before we tar and feather someone shouldn't we find out the whole story????? The OP's post screams of ulterior motive.
    Proudly Owned By Sierra, 2003 APHA Mare
    In Loving Memory of Tally, April 15, 1983 - June 2, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by TheHorseProblem View Post
    If you read back, the thread took a left turn a while back. Your response is very serious, and is about a very serious matter. But many others are drooling over pictures of Ryan Reynold's six pack.
    This is like, singlehandedly the best paragraph ever written on COTH.

What was it that got one of the latest ones shut down? lobsters and fur children? Maybe we could talk about those?

Quote Originally Posted by mypaintwattie View Post
    Before we tar and feather someone shouldn't we find out the whole story??
    We have no intentions of tarring and feathering anyone: this is now a thread about dipping Ryan Reynolds in chocolate.

Default No, THIS is the best COTH line

"We have no intentions of tarring and feathering anyone: this is now a thread about dipping Ryan Reynolds in chocolate."

Thanks for the morning chuckle.
    http://behindthebitblog.com
    Dressage, riding, sport horse blog