The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

I don't know but Randy Hannold was supposed to take care of the Lulu situation. He is in Aiken near the farm.
    And for what it's worth this horse has likely been drugged in order to jump quietly. She is very well schooled but is difficult and very hot to jump. From my understanding that is how she ended up with him is that the owners gave up on her as a children's jumper and sent her to be sold for cheap.
    "ronnie was the gifted one, victor was the brilliant intellect, and i [GM], well, i am the plodder."

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

I was told by the trainer that she was given to a "forever" home...
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm

obviously not the case. will you chat with your end mroades. I'll 'remind' on my end.
    "ronnie was the gifted one, victor was the brilliant intellect, and i [GM], well, i am the plodder."

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

yep, gonna call them today!
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    I was hoping she'd been rescued from Thomson's clutches, but no such luck. Tatabra Lulu (know advertised as Lullabelle) is still for sale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4zZymyFIGA

If anybody had contacted the FBI fraud division via that link I attached earlier in the thread, would you please let me know via PM.
    Hey! More or less stole my user name. Sludge of the earth for so many reasons, this just being the most recent. Ugh.

Technically looks like she is of french blood (narcos/Jalisco on top) but bred in Argentina?

Form the USA Equestrian data base

Horse Name: TATABRA LULU (4704990)

Breed: ARGENTINIAN WARMBLOOD
    Sire Name: DIMITIL DE TERLONG 525243
    Dam Name: TATABRA FILEA 132723

I owned this chestnut horse a few years ago. His name is Our Man Travis and he is a JC registered TB. Travis was too much horse for me, and a college student riding at my farm fell in love with him. I gave Travis to her for christmas that year. Unfortunately for all parties he had some issues that prevented her from showing him at the level she wanted, so he was "retired" to a farm in NC. He was going to be a lesson horse and basically live the good life.
    Fast forward to this thread. She has contacted Travis' new owner and it looks like he is truly in a great place now. He had a hard life on the track. So again I say thanks to his new owner. Travis is a wonderful boy and I'd be happy to provide any background you might want on him.
    [edit]
    Last edited by Moderator 1; May. 19, 2011 at 07:41 AM.
    SPAY/NEUTER/RESCUE/ADOPT!
    Little Star Chihuahua Rescue
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!

Yes Travis was mine I got him from MoonRiver a few years back and cant believe he ended up in this situation! I was lied to by many about where he was going and what he was doing (was told he was retired but then found out he was jumping and was for sale?) Any who I didnt send him to William but who I gave him to i am guessing did and this just breaks my heart that he had to go through this after his rough life at the track!

I cant tell you guys how I reacted when I saw the pictures and compared them to my pictures of him! I was absolutely shocked!!! But I am SO happy he is in good hands now and doing well!! This horse deserves a home with TheHarrier where he is treated like the horse he is!
    He knows when you're happy, He knows when you're comfortable, He knows when you're confident, And he ALWAYS knows when you have carrots

I think TheHarrier will find out she has a very nice horse once he fattens up and recovers. I've got pics to prove it!!!!
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!

Very sad any customer has been put in the situation that they have... and the horses, the horses...
    Last edited by Platinum Equestrian; May. 19, 2011 at 04:29 PM.
    Platinum Equestrian - Florida, USA

Sorry to confuse anyone- the chestnut is still alive!!! I have been calling them the "gray" and "chestnut" just in case something horrible happened... but after dropping G's at referral clinics like it's my job, I think they are going to be okay health wise.

The chestnut is doing the best out of the two. I talked to his previous owner yesterday and amongst all of the interesting information I found out, I also learned that his name was Travis. So! Travis is steadily gaining weight but still could use a bunch. He is much more in touch with his surroundings... not glazed over without a personality anymore.

On the other hand... the gray remains unnamed. The abscess became a basketball on the side of his neck and had to be drained as he was having issues eating- hence the pictures of the drain. He is not gaining weight as well as Travis is but I believe it's because of the stress he is currently under.

I can only hope that anyone who has received a horse from him has quarantined them for at least 45 days upon arrival. What's even more scary is that the shippers have no clue either... amazing. Again, I am so thankful we have a quarantine facility and always quarantine everything first... Otherwise I'd be on the Bay Bridge about to take a plunge.

As if misrepresented horses weren't enough!!! We plan on keeping the chestnut and making him a guest horse at this point. I refuse put my reputation at stake or furthermore Travis' future. He will always have a spot in one of our fields and I will make sure he's never in a bad situation again. I hope the gray can continue on with a future (the tendon might be a limiting factor) but that will be determined once we finish the battle at hand. Otherwise, he can live here too... I should file for non-profit status at this point

Here is a link of updated pictures of Travis and the gray:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/6185516...7626710908680/

Again, thanks for all of your support- we really appreciate it!!!

Sent you a PM, Harrier
    There is a phot of Travis on my webshots, under "horses",just after he came to my farm. He's wearing a helmet
    Last edited by moonriverfarm; May. 19, 2011 at 04:22 PM. Reason: pic info
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!

TheHarrier will be sainted for all she has been through with those two horses...
    Platinum Equestrian - Florida, USA

I just went back and looked at the pictures of the horses when they first came off the trailer. What a huge difference!

It looks as though Thompson took pictures of the horses when he first got them, threw them out in a field somewhere providing no vet care, no farrier, no food, and then shipped them out when they were sold.

Wow Travis looks amazing Im so happy he is finally in good hands! He will make a great guest horse and I am so glad this awful story has such a happy ending!
    He knows when you're happy, He knows when you're comfortable, He knows when you're confident, And he ALWAYS knows when you have carrots

Wow! Great job TheHarrier! They look so much better already. I also just looked back through you before shots of them. So sad they were allowed to get to that condition. All your TLC is paying off and most importantly they look so much happier!

There is yet another ad on equine.com, this time claiming that he is going out of business and needs to liquidate... Oh, and the big emaciated gray mare is now listed as possibly being related to Abdullah. Craziness.

Which horse is on equine? Name?
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!

That poor mare.

Quote Originally Posted by moonriverfarm View Post
    Which horse is on equine? Name?
    http://www.equine.com/horses-for-sal...gn=SavedSearch

scrolling down to Luna, the ad reads:

Luna is a STUNNING 17.0hh 7 y/o Warmblood (TRAK X TB) Mare who will stop you in your tracks with a single glance! She is NOT REGISTERED-HENCE THE PRICE. We purchased Luna as a 4 y/o, and we were told that she’s a grand-daughter of Abdullah (Trak) and out of a TB mare. We DO NOT have documentation of this. She is HUGE, and from my research into Abdullah, she is a typical Abdullah descendant in temperament and ability. She is a lovely mover, who is well-schooled on the flat. Luna has been shown in some training level dressage, and has been trail ridden and fox-hunted extensively. Luna has not been jumped U/S by the preference of her current owner, who does not like to jump. We have put Luna thru the free-jumping shoot, and she is brave, and has lovely natural form. She is currently barefoot, because she has WONDERFUL feet that doesnt need shoes! No soundness or health problems of any kind. A total sweetheart and not "marish" in any way. Luna has had 1 foal by a Hanoverian stallion that was Gray. The foal is spectacular. Luna is only for sale because we are getting out of the horse business...