The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Another "Dover, WTF are they thinking?" thread....so,

where else can I order Ovation Ultra DX breeches?

They've once again lost my business before getting it. I'd like to try another brand of breeches. These Ovation Ultra DX breeches look kinda nice. They want to charge me $23 to ship me 2 pair of breeches.

Once again, I don't know why I'm even surprised. Well, because if I drove to the PO and asked to send 2 pair of breeches anywhere in the continental US, it would cost me the change out of the seats of my car, THAT'S WHY!

Dover makes my skin crawl. I'm calling them now to tell them to stop sending me their rainforest worth of catalogs every year. Eff off.

Also need to specify - not Victory Canter (I'm still sore at them for having to wait over 30 days for my $800 return to be processed) and Equestrian Collections doesn't have them in beige

Anyone know anything about 123tack.com? Or for that matter, has anyone worn these Ovation Ultra DX breeches? Thanks!

I was just going to post the Victory Canter links... well darn. Not sure who else carries a lot of Ovation stuff.

A "darn" from me as well....I liked VC fine before this last experience, but holding onto that much of my money for over a month does not sit well with me. (http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...victory+canter)

Yikes! I've had good experiences with VC.. shipping a hair slow, but not a dealbreaker for me.

http://www.englishhabit.com/english-...reeches-2.aspx

Ovation's website mentions this place.

Adams Horse Supply has them too. I have the Ovation Celebrity full seats and I ADORE them - haven't tried the Ultra. I got mine from Victory Canter, and had a great experience, but I can understand why you'd want to avoid them.

Adams Horse Supply has great customer service, as well as good prices. A few years ago, I was bucked off. I called Adams that afternoon to order a new helmet. When the customer service rep heard my story, she immediately said she would rush to ship my new helmet right after my call. She wanted to be sure I wouldn't be tempted to ride in my old, battered helmet. Two days later, I had my new helmet.

I have also had good luck getting odd sizes from Adams Horse Supply. I wear a 7 5/8 helmet, and those are hard to find. My horse wears a size 84 blanket. They also carry those.

We all need to shop at places where our voices are heard. If we won't put up with bad service and exorbitant shipping charges, stores will have to improve in order to survive.

I have used 123tack with great luck. They ship very fast!

Adams horse supply, free shipping on orders over $100

http://www.adamshorsesupply.com/browse.cfm/4,7903.html
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

I've had good luck with Adams too.
    If I ever use "there" instead of "their" or "your" instead of you're" in the same post I've been kidnapped and am signaling for help.

Thanks for the recommendations for Adams and 123tack. I will check out both of them

I guess I am lucky to have a Dover store within minutes of my house!

I have a pair of the Ovation Ultra DX and love love love them! So comfortable I don't want to take them off after riding.
    Yogurt - If you're so cultured, how come I never see you at the opera? Steven Colbert

Damn.....Adams shows a photo of the beige but doesn't have them in the drop down box to actually BUY them. UGH!

Call Adams and see if they have or can get the pants that you want.

When I needed the short, wide, woof boots for my guy with the big legs and short cannon bones, no one in this country seemed to have them. I called Adams and asked if they could order them. The woman said they weren't on the website, as they only had 1 pair in stock. A few days later, I finally had some boots that fit my boy.

Try calling The Tack Room in Camden, SC (website: http://www.tackroomonline.com/). If it's not on their website, that doesn't mean they don't carry it. I have found them incredibly helpful over the phone. Whenever I've ordered something, it is shipped by that afternoon and on my doorstep by the next day.

I ordered them from 123tack last night and will see how they work!

I was going to recommend St. Croix Saddlery as well, but I see you just placed the order. They are local (well 1hr away) tack store under new ownership. The new owner has done a lot of revamping the store itself, or so I've read (ie new vendors & merchandise, a consignment area of sorts, etc). I haven't had the chance to get down there since this past fall, but I'm hoping to do so soon.
    Proud owner of Gus & Gringo.
    See G2's blog
    Photos

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

123tack is Winning Edge in Ocala, and yes, I have had good experience both in the shop and online.
    I'm sorry... Did I just roll my eyes out loud?

Quote Originally Posted by asb_own_me View Post
    Also need to specify - not Victory Canter (I'm still sore at them for having to wait over 30 days for my $800 return to be processed) and Equestrian Collections doesn't have them in beige

Anyone know anything about 123tack.com? Or for that matter, has anyone worn these Ovation Ultra DX breeches? Thanks!
    123tack.com is reputable ... based out of Ocala actually...
    Platinum Equestrian - Florida, USA