The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Shownet.biz - Worth It?

I am considering registering for shownet.biz - specifically for the live feeds. For those who are members - how many shows will I be able to access over the next 6 months?

I've been on their site trying to find out what shows they will be streaming but it just keeps going back to the registration page. Strange - since I am registered and seem to have 2 video credits but can't figure out how to get those videos.

The contact us dropdown just takes me back to the registration page.

What has been your experience with the site? Is it worth it and once I pay the $50 will I actually have access to the schedule of upcoming live feeds?

Thanks for your help. I'm getting frustrated and wanted to be able to watch the American Invitational tonight.

I have been a Shownet member for the last two years - up until now, they have only offered individual video clips for purchase and download (usually available the same day), as well as live results. This is their first live streaming of a class - so I am anxious to see how it goes!!

I am a member and have bought probaby 15-20 vidoes, I'm totally hooked.
    I know what you mean about it saying I have a video credit but I can't seem to get to it.
    They have reduced their prices too, So I really like it!

I just tried to get back on the site and now I can't access it at all.

I imagine that Shownet has the exclusive rites to broadcast the live feed of the American Invitation tonight but does anyone know of any other sites that might offer live feed of this class?

One thing I didn't realize was that paying the $50 membership does NOT include access to the site on your mobile device. You still have to pay another $10/25 fee PER SHOW to get access to information and updates on your phone. I was not too happy about that.

Not related to watching the class tonight, just a general FYI.

Actually, you can access shownet from any device that lets you access the Internet - I use it all the time from my iPhone by going to www.shownet.biz. You do not need any kind of app that costs more money as long as you have Internet access.

Quote Originally Posted by By George! View Post
    Actually, you can access shownet from any device that lets you access the Internet - I use it all the time from my iPhone by going to www.shownet.biz. You do not need any kind of app that costs more money as long as you have Internet access.
    That has not been my experience with my iPhone, and when I emailed them about it, I got an email back that said I would have to pay an additional fee for access on my phone for each show.

I've accessed it from my iPhone too, using the internet browser however, not the app, so it's just log in as usual and away we go.

The livestream feature isn't working well for me, and I have a really fast internet connection.