The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Replay of the Schweppes...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1asxt5U48g

Quote Originally Posted by Drvmb1ggl3 View Post
    Thanks! - couldn't find the complete race.

Don't expect a Breeders' Cup or Dubai visit but England, maybe ...

RacingPost 10-23-11 "Moody outlines Euro campaign for Caviar"

[Trainer - Peter Moody] ruled out any possible trip to Hong Kong, Dubai or Singapore in colourful terms. "Why should we supplement every other bastard's racing around the world?" he said. "Let's supplement our own and enjoy her here for as long as we can?"

However, Moody also told the Racing Post that Europe remains prominent in his thinking after Black Caviar has finished her Australian autumn campaign, outlining a schedule for 2012 taking in the Golden Jubilee Stakes at Royal Ascot and the July Cup before a tilt at the Prix de la Foret.

"I'm as keen as anyone to see her race abroad but I want Australia to see her and enjoy what she does," he explained.

"When she has finished here, I can see us coming over for the Golden Jubilee, July Cup and the seven-furlong race on Arc day. There's no need to rush back for a stud career or anything like that."

Hey, Glimmer - I DID get to see the race!!! Friday was my birthday and we went to see Jackson Browne in concert at the Lyric and by the time we got home and crawled into bed it was 12:15. What an amazing race, and an absolutely phenominal horse!!!!! I'm so glad I got to watch it!
    Last edited by elsbet; Oct. 24, 2011 at 01:18 PM.

Love that comic picture! Going to pass that along to bosses.

P.

OK, Glimmer, time to change the thread title again... she just went 16-0, winning the Patinack Farm Classic (G1, 6f, ~$1.25m).
    Once again she went off at insane odds, and once again she wins easily... basically canters home.
    Here's the last couple of furlongs, hopefully a better replay will show up soon... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jW1PbWWQZ4

Quote Originally Posted by Drvmb1ggl3 View Post
    OK, Glimmer, time to change the thread title again... she just went 16-0, winning the Patinack Farm Classic (G1, 6f, ~$1.25m).
    Yep. TVG aired the race live however did little to promote the race and its sadly been lost in the whirlwind of the BC races.

Racing Post 11-5-11 "Black Caviar eases to 16th straight victory

Sent off 1-25, she beat Buffering by two and three-quarter lengths. "She's just one helluva horse," said trainer Peter Moody.

"She can only race what's there and they're all Group horses behind her and once again she's toyed with them.

"It's unbelievable the people she's bringing to the races - she's great for our sport. I'm just grateful to be a little part of it."

Moody, who is keen to run Black Caviar over 7f, is planning to give Black Caviar one more outing this year in Perth's Winterbottom Stakes before sights are trained on Royal Ascot in 2012 after her autumn campaign.
    A better version of the race on-line ...

Youtube - Race 16 Nov 5, 201 Patinack Farm Classic1

Small injury, will not race again in 2011 afterall, but is aimed for the UK in 2012!

Racing Post Nov 7, 2011 "Black Caviar finished for 2011 after 16th victory"

Moody told racing officials on Monday that the unbeaten five-year-old would be spelled after he was unhappy with how she pulled up following her 16th win in the Patinack Farm Classic on Saturday.

"She knows she's had a run," Moody told Radio Sport National.

"She is a little bit jarry and has a little muscle tear up high behind.

"It is nothing too dramatic but just enough to suggest to us, after consultation with the owners, that she will have a little rest rather than go to Perth, unfortunately."

Moody said Black Caviar would now have three weeks off and kick off her 2012 campaign in the Group 1 Australia Stakes at Moonee Valley on January 27.

Moody believes it will be her best campaign yet as he pushes her beyond 1200 metres for the first time ahead of a proposed trip to Britain for the Royal Ascot meeting in June.

And Black Caviar will be back this Friday (1/27) in a race that could prove a good but challenging start to 2012:

The Australia Stakes, run over about six furlongs with an approximate purse of $208,000, is the first of three expected starts in the next month that will determine Black Caviar’s spring campaign.

The race has drawn a field of nine, including Rajsaman, winner of the Group 2 Prix Daniel Wildenstein last October in France; Musir, winner of the 2010 UAE Derby; and the minor European stakes winners Sandagiyr and Win For Sure. Musir won the first round of the Maktoum Challenge at Meydan earlier this month.
    Absent from the race is Mosheen as her connections think taking on Caviar this soon isn't favorable.

After this race - provided all is good - it will hopefully be to Ascot by summer:

Trainer Peter Moody has two Group 1 stakes over about seven furlongs at Caulfield on Black Caviar’s schedule in February – the $416,000 C.F. Orr Stakes on Feb. 11 and the $520,000 Futurity Stakes on Feb. 25.

After that, Black Caviar, 6, could start in the $1.4 million Newmarket Handicap over six furlongs at Flemington Racecourse or travel to Dubai for the $2 million Golden Shaheen at Meydan Racecourse. A long-term goal is the Royal Ascot meeting in England in June.
    Black Caviar's official fan site in Oz

The Daily Telegraph is dismissing one runner in the field Friday as being utterly and completely out of BC's league - then again horses don't read

Laying down the challenge will be Arrogant Cat, a four-year-old mare with her claim to fame being a last-start maiden win at Ararat in country Victoria.

She has only recorded the one win from three starts, her first two inglorious defeats at Sale and Geelong, and does not even have enough prizemoney in the bank to buy a new Hyundai.

Black Caviar boasts a handicappers rating of 130 while Arrogant Cat's is not even half of that at 62.
    Finishers 6, 7 and 8 each take home 4,000AU$ so its not as economically silly to lose but win with a check.

TVG will air her 2012 debut and attempt at win #17 and I think anyone in North America will need to setting your DVR to catch the race It will go off at 4:15 AM Eastern Standard Time Friday morning

(pdf) AUSTRALIA STAKES (US$210K) PPs Race 4c - page 45 of 45 Horse 6 and breaking from PP 1. On a side note if you look at the line I'm not sure why there is a typo in her past performance cited as she did not finish behind Buffering in her last effort

She, and another, will tote @ 125-lbs vs. the rest at 129-lbs

Just don't wager everything you have on the race as the return will be almost nil

Brisbane Times (AU) 1-27-12 "Black Caviar has world on her plate, but home is first"

" .... Royal Ascot is the ultimate goal, and Pete wants to get her there in 100 per cent shape, and working out the best way to do that is what we have to talk about.''

There is also the matter of continuing her unbeaten run, which stands at 16. Moody has said he would like to get Black Caviar to 20 wins on end before taking her overseas

Werrett said Royal Ascot was not the most lucrative option but the dream of running at the world's most famous meeting captivates the owners. ''You don't get a horse like her in your dreams. Royal Ascot is one of those places you do dream about,'' Werrett said. ''There are plenty of million-dollar races around [the world] but I think for Australian sprinters winning at Royal Ascot has something very special about it.

''It is like the English stayers coming over here and trying to win the Melbourne Cup; it is the ultimate challenge. There is something magical about Royal Ascot and for her to prove herself there would be incredible.''
    New Zealand Herald 1/27/12 "Black Caviar almost unbackable in Australia stakes"

Luke Nolen is not perturbed by Black Caviar drawing barrier one for the first time as she shoots for her 17th straight win in tonight's Group Two Australia Stakes at Moonee Valley.

The world's highest ranked sprinter and second overall behind English superstar Frankel faces just six rivals in the 1200m, weight-for-age feature which she won two years ago when she beat four rivals. "One is better than seven," Nolen said.

Black Caviar is a virtually unbackable $1.02 favourite with TAB Sportsbet ahead of Zedi Knight at $21, Moody's second stringer Doubtful Jack at $26 and Rock Classic at $35.

So awesome!

I'd love to see the pretty mare in person, but alas a ticket to Australia is abit too far out of my budget!
    View my photographs at www.horsephotoguy.zenfolio.com

Quote Originally Posted by texang73 View Post
    I'd love to see the pretty mare in person, but alas a ticket to Australia is abit too far out of my budget!
    Then book a ticket for England and Royal Ascot as they plan to go there with her this June

What a wonderful mare. Today I was looking at her fan site and reading about her did'n't expect to see her mentioned here again not that I look here often. BTW reading her trainers comments the one thing he appears worried about is her ... the suggestion is that he would retire her at the slightest reason to do with her health. And it looks like she is going o/s but while planning it they really do stress the 110% factor in her health with out that it looks like they would retire her immediately.

So lovely to read it. 17 from 17 is amazing.

Apparently, CH7, Australia's biggest TV network actually cut into coverage of the semi final of the Australian Open to break away to show her race live.

Glimmerglass thanks for posting that link really great to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by lolita1 View Post
    Glimmerglass thanks for posting that link really great to watch.
    This!
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes