The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default churchill hunt club?? kentucky??

I have a friend looking for a prospect. Does anyone now if these people are worth dealing with?
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm

hmm, look like nice horses, but not crazy about the amount of mis-spellings on the website

Horses For Sale
    carolprudm

bumping this up for you because I am in the area and have always wondered as well if anyone has experiences with them. They have some really nice horses for sale all the time

Default CHC

i have had NO personal experiences with them, but am also looking for a horse in lexington and so far have yet to hear anything positive about them. also, after having looked at several videos and comparing what i saw on the videos to the listed prices, i decided against approaching them.
    Jazz- 4.9.01 OTTB, loved since 12.6.09
    Skip- 3.3.91 APHA, i miss you buddy

i just commented on another thread in eventing about these people. i would not pass go or collect $200. just keep looking. their horses are GROSSLY misrepresented. they are in the habit of bailing on the plases where they are renting farms and will sue you right and left NEVER winning.
    [edit]
    feel free to pm me for more details or simply do a google search on the lattanzios and lawsuits. it makes for some entertaining reading.
    Last edited by Moderator 1; May. 4, 2011 at 03:37 PM.

From looking at the pics/videos on the website, they appear to have some nice TBs, who have been through basic (re)training and jumping. Most of them appear to be pretty nice movers, and also most seem to be VERY tolerant of the way the person on their back is riding and of the INCREDIBLY tight martingales many of them have on.

If I was in KY, I would probably at least go and look at the horses they have, and made sure I tried them in a soft snaffle and reasonable-length martingale; then if I liked one I would probably offer 1/2-1/3 less than their advertised price pre-vetting.
    Cherry Blossom Farm - Show & Field Hunters, Side Saddles

You know...I never heard of them good or bad, have never seen them referred to in the countless "where can I go for training in Lex" threads and they are not listed on the KHJA site despite touting a big show horse boarding and training operation.

And, maybe it's just me but I can't find any trainer names on there or show results-except one gal in the New England Medals??? Long way from Central Ky.

The horses do look nice but...the ones that list prices seem high for an unshown prospect. There are some pictures of nice show horses but with no caption except that one in New England and that is just a persons' name. Kind of odd. If I sold anything that won just about anywhere, I'd be plastering the results and the horse's name all over a website with me listed as trainer in very bold type.

Seems there may be some questions about these people from others who are familiar with them. But can't help with specifics despite showing in the same area for 16 years now-never heard of the Churchill "Hunt Club" and doubt they run any hounds.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by SidesaddleRider View Post
    ..and of the INCREDIBLY tight martingales many of them have on.

ehhh, that is an ages old sales barn trick of the "anything to get them sold ASAP" variety. They appear tolerant because they CAN'T do anything with their heads tied down-and you can bet they are not anywhere near fresh either. You can get anything to behave when you get it exhausted and tie it's head down. Doesn't allow them to learn anything. To the dismay of whoever falls for that crap and buys one once they get it home and it recovers.

I feel sorry for the horses but I don't want one that is presented that way because I know what they are (or are not) doing.

Quote Originally Posted by asha40513 View Post
    like i said gross misrepresentation...
    and they dont compete at any of these shows which is why there is no record.
    all i can say regarding their website is spell/grammer check!!!
    So I take it the pictures of the vaguely familiar riders obviously jumping a GP course with no caption are not their horses or their rider? Like the grey? Oh my, shades of the great Heather trainwreck.

I'm outta here but maybe some can amuse themselves by guessing the horse and rider in those pictures from major competitions implying there is a connection.

Good times.

Thanks everyone. My gut told me it was a no go (and we are 11 hours from Lex)
    carolprudm

Default CHURCHILL HUNT CLUB RESPONSE TO ALL OF YOUR BASHING

Hi,
    My name is Sandra Lattanzio. I am the owner and rider of churchill hunt club.
    First, I would like to say hello to Miss grudge...and I would like to appologise to the rest of the readers for this nonsense.
    Everything i have read is untrue. Except for the spelling errors. I dont take effence. I am a rider not an english major. Some one has a grudge against us.
    I am just a small person trying to save the Tb. I love them. I have never been sited for animal abuse. That is a lie.
    These are very young horses that i retrain because i care about them and their future. . If i dont take them , they go to the slaughter house. Yes i tie there heads down because they will travel with it high. They are young right off the track. I work each horse for 15 minuiets a day. That is what they are used to when they are galloped. I cant sell them for under 1500 in fear they could end up on the killer truck.. I do have to sell them for a certain amount to keep the business going. I am not getting rich doing this. This is my passion. The bills are high. I AM NOT A STUFFY HUNTER JUMPER PERSON TRYING TO PROVE SOMETHING. I HAVE NOTHING TO PROVE. I PROVIDE NICE SAFE HORSES AT WALMART PRICES.
    I do have some enemies out there. Like the response that i have burned every land lord. Not true. Again, all those statesments are not true. That came from Jen joyce or a friend of hers or Thomas Ackerman who is the one in danville who was working with the county sherrif in stealing horses and selling them. Ask the Lincoln county animal control or boyle county animal control about Thomas ackerman. They told us they have a history of this. He stole two of my daughters horses and we know the joyces have had some involvement with this. And yes we are sueing him and boyle county for what they have done to us. REMEMBER THERE IS TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY.

My maiden name is chappell. I was a very strong competitor back in the 70's and 80,s in New England . I made it up to the grandprix level. I am just a simple trainer not trying to prove anything. I dont like showing anymore because I had burned out. But, I do love riding 10 a day and helping save these horses and find them good homes. Any of you are welcome call and visit me. I have many happy customers. I have saved at least 100 horses from the slaughter house. HOW DOES THAT MAKE ME A BAD PERSON.
    My horses are safe to ride and they are happy. I am just a foster parent to these horses. I appoligise for the rudness of the person who has a grudge against us. If you are interested in our horses just call and come visit for your self. We welcome you.

Sincerely,

Sandra Chappell Lattanzio
    www.churchillhuntclub.com
    859-699-4896
    Call me anytime.
    Last edited by Churchill Hunt Club; May. 2, 2011 at 04:55 PM.

Default ONE MORE THING. THE GREY IS OUR HORSE

The grey is Fuerst Valhalla. The rider is my daughter Geena Lattanzio. The horse was bred by us and born on our farm His mother was Why not. Ian Millers old grand prix horse. And father is Fuest Gotthard. If you need proof then come visit him on our farm. That video was taken a month ago at our farm in midway. You dont know us because we dont do a lot of showing. That is not a misrepresentation... THAT IS OUR HORSE AND THAT IS OUR DAUGHTER....She is a very good rider. She was the excersize rider for the derby winner super saver and the belmont winner. She rides a lot of horses for winstar. JUST THOUGHT I WOULD CLEAR THAT UP.... We will be offering breeding him shortly. Also, We will see you in the ring with him. Geena and him will be showing this year. Hope to see you there...
    Last edited by Churchill Hunt Club; May. 2, 2011 at 04:50 PM.

normally i wouldnt respond to such a ridiculous thread and while i am sure i will get an even more ridiculous poorly written response i wont be responding but could not hold it in.
    i can assure you i am not jennifer joyce but i can assure when contemplating going to see a horse i saw advertised on your "professional" website and inquiring further on your "hunt club" i heard nothing but negative feedback on you and was instructed if i wanted to inquire further that i should simply google you and your husband which i did and was quite intriqued with the many many interesting articles i came across.
    quite simply you have an awful reputation from CT to KY. just because you sue someone and take them to court does not mean that you are right.
    and that is the whole purpose of a public forum. for people to inquire about certain things and to recieve feedback on them.
    while i do not know jennifer joyce personally i do event quite a bit in ky and the surrounding areas and have never heard anything other than positive things about her, her farm, and her horses.
    in closing i think making a comments such as this " GIGS UP JOYCE...WANT TO GO TO COURT AGAIN.... " only goes to show your true charactar and lack of class, and proves my point better than i ever could.
    Last edited by evntr5218; May. 2, 2011 at 12:27 AM.

Forums are not designed to bash businesses. A matter a fact it is against the rules. This was started by someone with a grudge. Once again we apologize for this nonsense.
    Last edited by Churchill Hunt Club; May. 2, 2011 at 05:05 PM.

Churchill Hunt Club, if your goal is to discredit yourself, well done. I had not ever heard of you or your barn and can tell you that based ENTIRELY on this thread, there is not a chance in hell I would ever recommend you to anyone.

so i am going back on my word and replying but just made an interesting observation.
    i happend to edit my post because i noticed that i had left off an e at the end of assure... churchillhuntlclub deletes quite a bit of content from various posts, one in particular the quote i used from their post, but didnt fix any of the grammer or spelling mistakes lol

It's only a game if 2 play.....you are the one who keeps bringing the post back to life after first a month long abscence and now after it almost slid off page one overnite.

If you want it to go away, don't post on it. Oh, references to public records on individuals or business are not against the rules and neither are recommendations. Personally directed insults are.

Knowing nothing about their business, I would not trust someone that can't even grasp basic English. Capitalize your "I"s. Run it through a spell-checker. Its called professionalism.

All righty! I found this place while looking online at horses for sale. The website is just dreadful and the creator obviously not familiar with English, which is why I thought it might be a Nigerian scam of sorts. The wording is all wanky. Yes, I was intrigued with why all the horses went in a tight martingale, all had their heads cranked down, most were wrapped, and then dear Lord...jumping a 3 yr old 4'? After a few weeks of training? The entire thing smells to high heaven. Why not hire someone who knows how to ride correctly for your videos? Very hinky all around.
    SPAY/NEUTER/RESCUE/ADOPT!
    Little Star Chihuahua Rescue
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!

Whyever bump this one back???

Anyway, not to defend these people but it is not a Nigerian scam, they exsist.