The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Two Hooves Up for Schneiders Big Fella Fly Sheet

Finally! I have finally found the perfect fly sheet that fits my draftx! Every year I order Tucker a new fly sheet in hopes of finding one that will fit through his shoulders and chest. No matter how big I order one, it never fits right and I have had some altered in the past with limited success. This time I ordered Schneider's Big Fella line of fly sheets. I was worried that the material would be too hot for our climate, but now that I have it, I don't think it will be a problem, especially since Tucker goes out at night. I love the adjustable shoulder with the Euro V-Free fit. It provides ample room and for the first time, he is able to wear a sheet that doesn't pull back through his shoulders and chest! I think I will now try their winter blankets!
    Lori T
    www.calypsofarmeventers.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/LTEquine for product updates on the lines I rep

It's not a Big Fella version, but I just bought my guy a Schneiders fly sheet with the euro-fit design & adjustible shoulder. Love the way it fits him.
    ~ A true friend knows all there is to know about you and still likes you. -E. Hubbard

I am glad you found one! I have the Big Fella Heavy weight blanket for my big Irish Sporthorse. I LOVE IT. It fits him wonderfully and super warm. It is super durable and looks nice too! (as a hint- keep an eye on their EBAY page. I got a 'used' one for DIRT Cheap. It was marked used because they used it on a horse for a photo shoot, i didn't find a single hair on it!)

Hi Lori T,

I am looking at these today and just came across your post.

Is this the one you got?
    http://www.sstack.com/Horsewear_Fly-...mbo-Fly-Sheet/

Is there much drop to it? The sheets I have bought in the past are too short, they are like miniskirts on my poor horse.

Nice lead, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by tidy rabbit View Post
    Hi Lori T,

I am looking at these today and just came across your post.

Is this the one you got?
    http://www.sstack.com/Horsewear_Fly-...mbo-Fly-Sheet/

Is there much drop to it? The sheets I have bought in the past are too short, they are like miniskirts on my poor horse.
    I am ordering this blanket tonight! A barn mate has a 76 and even though my mare goes in an 80 the 76 still provided full coverage (and she is a fairly full-bodied appendix).

I am on my 4th year with my interlock mesh Schneiders fly sheets. They are tougher then they look, and small rips can be sewn up by me easily because they don't unravel.

Also, my horses sweat less in the white interlock than the texilene plaid fly sheets in our intense sun. This suprised me, because they are a much tighter weave, but bonus is they keep mosquitos off better.

I am a 30 year Schneider's horse clothing fan, and they usually have a longer drop than other brands..
    Comprehensive Equestrian Site Planning and Facility Design
    www.lynnlongplanninganddesign.com

I need an 86 for this horse. Big fella is right! I guess I'll call and ask them just how big is big. Thanks for the info, it looks like a great fly sheet.

Oh, one more question... does it wash up well? I usually wash them 1x a week when being used regularly.