The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Actually....Its just plain stupid to haul a Brenderup...Why would anyone put their horse in an equine port-a-potty with wheels?

Quote Originally Posted by HoofaSchmigetty View Post
    Actually....Its just plain stupid to haul a Brenderup...Why would anyone put their horse in an equine port-a-potty with wheels?
    If you're going to make an unfounded remark that shows precisely how little research you've done into Brenderup trailers, at least make it legitimately funny and creative. Call it a Chinese food takeout box.
    Head Geek at The Saddle Geek Blog http://www.thesaddlegeek.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HoofaSchmigetty View Post

We figure most of our horses would have one of those upside down before we got out of the driveway...

Bought my Baron TC new on 2000, absolutely love it! I've driven across country several times, up and down the East coast a dozen times.
    Yes, people have tried to buy it from me but it's not for sale. EVER!
    I haul 2 17 hand WB's and they love it. It doesn't matter the weather or traffic, they arrive cool and relaxed.
    I've had people say their horse would never go in it - yeah, right - horse walks straight on and stands comfortably looking around!
    You're entitled to your own opinion, not your own facts!

I have an 03 Baron TC. I've hauled it with a Pathfinder, QX4, F250 and a Land Rover. I felt the F250 was way too much tow vehicle for it but I camped in the back so it did double duty.

Both the Pathfinder and QX4 had towing packages with aux transmission coolers and did great, although in mts hauling a full load I could definitely tell the difference between that and the F250.

I love my Brenderup. Hauls beautifully and is easy to maintain although I did have to replace the floor last year due to "uneven cleaning practices". Even if I get another trailer since I just purchased a 3rd horse, I'll always keep it. I had to buy it new in 03 as I couldn't find a used one for love or money. By the time one was advertised, it was sold quickly.

While they aren't for everyone, I would rely on feedback from those who have actually owned and towed with one.

I pull mine with a Rav4. It's usually ponies, but it's done two horses fine. I can't imagine having another trailer and it's been so reliable and well made I have never had any repairs done so the no US manufacturer would not worry me!