The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default UPDATE Which shipping for omeprazoledirect. Length time for shipping.

About to order some and read there havee been shipping delays. Free registered 1st class or $30 with tracking number?

UPDATE:

Order placed on 04/06 and just received status 7 days later that it has finally been shipped. Looks like a few more weeks until I receive although I ordered things from a few obscure countries on ebay and they have all arrived quickly. UK was the only one that had a problem on one order.
    Last edited by Dutch Lovin' Dressage Rider; Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:27 AM.

Don't pay the $30! I did, and my order took over two weeks to get to me. Sat in customs for a week of that. Tracking really did me no good as all it said was it is at customs and there was no way to know when/if it would get out of there. Not worth the money.

OMD did send me a 2nd packet after waiting on the 1st one for 10 days. It was sent via the same method only this Monday and I don't know yet how long it will take. The 1st shipment arrived yesterday, and OMD wanted me to refuse it and wait for the 2nd one, but I opted to accept the 1st one and will also keep the 2nd one and have them charge me for both. Figure I'll use it eventually.

Thanks. Thats what I was wondering. Hopefully wont take long. Wish Id ordered more canadian omeprazole now! Totally on back order. :-(

I did the $30 expedited shipping and got it in a week, so I guess everyone has a different experience.
    The first time I ordered I didn't do the expedited shipping and it took about 6 weeks, so I'd say it's worth it!

It might not help the OP make a decision about shipping, but when I find out how long my 2nd order takes, I'll post back here. Right now, it shows that it hasn't left India -- supposedly shipped out Monday, so already looks slow, but it might just be that the tracking doesn't update that often. It was also shipping the faster, trackable method.

Ordered mine expedited on the 29th of March and got it today, April 6. Just over a week... Worth it if you horse needs it ASAP. If just for maintenance then maybe not. But wasn't their a recent study showing that long term daily omeprazole is bad - blocks absorption of something important? So my vet recommends for ulcer prone horses, one week full dose then three weeks off per month as a maintenance regimen. Good luck!

Have received two packages from them. Each took right about two weeks, regular shipping.
    Click here before you buy.

Bought 200 packs. Opted for free shipping. Hoping that my good shipping delivery karma shines through! Only 8 canadian omeprazoles left. Might have to fill in gap with ug if od shipping is slow.

updated first post

I ordered mine (regular shipping) on 4/4 and got an email saying they shipped 4/8. Hoping that they arrive this week!

Caitlin
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

My 2nd replacement order was placed 4/3 (a Sunday) and arrived 4/12 -- so much faster than the first one. Still not convinced it would be worth the $30 though, after my first experience. If I continue to use the stuff, I'm going to just order way ahead of time and use the free ship.

My first two shipments were 14 and 16 days.

Third one was 11 days.

All the regular/free shipping.
    Click here before you buy.