The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I think I found her facebook. It says she's a veterinary technician

Quote Originally Posted by saddlebum122 View Post
    I've got an idea, how about a Sarah Stetner spoof video contest?
    Actually someone made a video about bits once they saw HER video about bits, I think he is great, she was an idiot. I wish I could find her video about bits. I love his opening comments, LOL! Here is his:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXm9XU_Uohs
    I want a signature but I have nothing original to say except: "STHU and RIDE!!!

Wonderful COTHER's I've met: belleellis, stefffic, snkstacres and janedoe726.

SHUT. UP. She is not a vet tech!!!!!!! EEEEEKKKK!!!!!
    SPAY/NEUTER/RESCUE/ADOPT!
    Little Star Chihuahua Rescue
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!

OMG, I hadn't seen the "shin splint boots" video before! Just when I thought she couldn't get any more ignorant than "how to measure a horse"...

Quote Originally Posted by Chardavej View Post
    Actually someone made a video about bits once they saw HER video about bits, I think he is great, she was an idiot. I wish I could find her video about bits. I love his opening comments, LOL! Here is his:
    His is actually good though!

I was thinking more along the lines of going out to the barn and itsy-bitsy-spider-ing the big Perch and then claiming he is 10hh, with a bad blond wig while claiming to be an expert of course!

Quote Originally Posted by moonriverfarm View Post
    SHUT. UP. She is not a vet tech!!!!!!! EEEEEKKKK!!!!!
    Pretty sure this is her: http://www.facebook.com/people/Sarah...00000488494412

She got a new horse too, double eek. Hope she's learned how to put boots on by now so she doesn't cripple that one up too.

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherRound View Post
    Possibly the old horse bible "A Horse of Your Own", the biggest mistake any parent can give a girl, which describes in detail how to have your father construct a stable with a dutch door and then install a horse of your very own who loves you and releys on you and looks to you for carrots and whatnot, onto your own property in your own back yard, with a saddle and bridle hanging on the wall right next to his stall, and explains just how to care for him once he is looking out his stall door expectantly towards the house for you every morning, which you should ideally be able to view from your bedroom window, I gleaned, and which book I still have.
    My father actually DID THAT!! On the Best.Christmas.Ever my father gave me that book, THEN the papers for my QH Dusty. Then proceeded to build the stall, tack room and all accoutrements in our 3d garage. Then put in the paddock, where I could see my horse from my bedroom window!!!
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

Quote Originally Posted by saddlebum122 View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of going out to the barn and itsy-bitsy-spider-ing the big Perch and then claiming he is 10hh, with a bad blond wig while claiming to be an expert of course!
    You can borrow my Percheron, Tank. Using a measuring tape and a carpenter's level for accuracy, she is 17.33.

Wonder what that equates to in Sara Math?
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Who's gonna be the first to send her a FB message?
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoMare View Post
    You can borrow my Percheron, Tank. Using a measuring tape and a carpenter's level for accuracy, she is 17.33.

Wonder what that equates to in Sara Math?
    I'll figure out a formula (finally get to put all that college math to use!).

I'm sure it involves some sort of ratio between your hand size and IQ.

I think it equals pi plus a bowed tendon.
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Chardavej View Post
    LOL, he is good, especially the added comments. Still a shade above the real noob though in terms of language.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.
    GNU Terry Prachett

Wow. I don't know how I managed not to fail anatomy. I never knew there was a shin split bone....
    Visit us at Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society - www.bluebonnetequine.org

Want to get involved in rescue or start your own? Check out How to Start a Horse Rescue - www.howtostartarescue.com

Yup and I bet you she can tell you it is below the female bone which is the longest bone in the body!
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn trails View Post
    My personal Sarah Stetner favorite is where she shows how to feed your horse "oats" using the old coffee can method of measuring. It majikally turns the sweet feed into oats, yes it's true! Sweet feed turned to oats. Then she showed how to dump it into his feed bucket. Glad I watched that part, I may not have known what to do next.
    I remember that one, along with "How To Feed Your Horse Cracked Corn And Molasses". A better title for that one would have been "How To Cripple Your Horse With Laminitis Overnight".

How Rowdy has survived life with Sara is a mystery. Poor horse is one neverending bad science experiment.

often between a rock and hard place in Ky

Oh how I wish I could find the one about the bits... when she says the bits are all named after famous trainers like the Tom Thumb bit
    ___._/> I don't suffer from insanity.. I enjoy every
    ____/ minute of it! Member stick horse art lovers
    ';;;;;;; clique
    //__\\<-- Don't feed the llama!

Quote Originally Posted by horse-loverz View Post
    Oh how I wish I could find the one about the bits... when she says the bits are all named after famous trainers like the Tom Thumb bit
    What, you mean you don't have every training book and DVD from that famous training duo - Luce Ring and D. Ring? You've got a huge gap in your horsemanship!

often between a rock and hard place in Ky

Quote Originally Posted by Mara View Post
    What, you mean you don't have every training book and DVD from that famous training duo - Luce Ring and D. Ring? You've got a huge gap in your horsemanship!
    No kidding.. I better lame up my horse and get started a learnin' ... I gots a George Morris clinic to go to and I really wanna impress him.. I got new shin splint boots and have already practiced puttin 'em on and everything... While I'm there I'll ask him when the George Morris Bit is coming out.. 'cause I hear he's like important and stuff.... now to grab my lunge whip and my psycho dog and lunge my horse around a pile of trash with his shin splints boots on..
    ___._/> I don't suffer from insanity.. I enjoy every
    ____/ minute of it! Member stick horse art lovers
    ';;;;;;; clique
    //__\\<-- Don't feed the llama!

Be sure to lunge him with a wire cable. That works best with shin splint boots, especially if he is wearing a Mr Kim Berwicke bit.
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gloriginger View Post
    No- she does the "itsy bitsy spider" up the horses leg- which comes out to "12" and then says that 12 of those equals a 15'3 hand horse? lord only knows how she came up with that formula. ...she's totally winging it...

Hope the visual helps
    If I was filming her I would have said something like, "hey sara, lets do a retake since your "hands" did not measure correctly".

Was it filmed LIVE?
    could they NOT do another take?
    I personally like it when she goes off to the side as she figures out she is NO WHERE near the wither, and of course to make up for the 13-15.3 hands. I honestly thought she was going to go down the horse's back.