The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    often between a rock and hard place in Ky

Default SARAH STETNER LIVES!!! VIDS !!! New Vids post 85 and 89 learn about BITS!!

OMG I found vids for those that missed these!!

Shin splint boots

How to measure your horse

Cantering a jump

FREE ROWDY!!

Fixed the link for the measuring one
    Last edited by horse-loverz; Apr. 5, 2011 at 08:12 PM.
    ___._/> I don't suffer from insanity.. I enjoy every
    ____/ minute of it! Member stick horse art lovers
    ';;;;;;; clique
    //__\\<-- Don't feed the llama!

Yay! I've missed her so much... Rowdy looks just as sound and ecstatic as I remembered...

thanks for the laugh!

Pull across the tendon as tight as you can....

Ok, so 12 hands equals 15.3

Splint boots are used to bow a tendon

And THAT'S how to jump a fence!!

It's all clear to me now...

As amusing as she is to those of us who actually know what the hell we are doing, Sarah needs to be wiped from the internet. Think of the the horse crazy, trainerless little girls who may be watching her and believing that she actually knows what she is talking about. Those splint boots are scary!
    "Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care." ~Jimmy Buffett

I had forgotten how totally clueless she is.
    Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Cantering a jump--yes, JUST like that! Don't lift out of the saddle, snatch your horse in the mouth and get left behind. Just like that.

Oy.

2 members found this post helpful.

Curb Appeal - I agree, but first I must save the videos. BTW, www.savevid.com has a relatively simple way to save videos off the Internet.

Horse-loverz - Can't thank you enough! This week had not started well yet now I have humor to get me through.

PSA for the Sarah Stetner videos - Do Not Try This At Home.

The measuring vid link goes to the splint boot vid :-( The measuring video was one of my all time favorites. However, I had never seen the splint boot vid, and it is truly a classic. I never knew that I had been putting on splint boots wrong this whole time - and every catalog picture is wrong etc. A classic!

Thanks for the belly laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by oldernewbie View Post
    The measuring vid link goes to the splint boot vid :-( The measuring video was one of my all time favorites.
    Same for me.

often between a rock and hard place in Ky

Ahh poo :-( I'll fix it when I get home... If you search Sarah Stetner on you tube though it will come up.
    ___._/> I don't suffer from insanity.. I enjoy every
    ____/ minute of it! Member stick horse art lovers
    ';;;;;;; clique
    //__\\<-- Don't feed the llama!

Someone needs to send that jumping vid to George Morris. He's gonna be awful pissed when he finds out he's been doing it wrong all these years.

I'll bet Sarah Stetner is a legend in her own mind.

Is she the Expert Villiage Idiot?

Okay...that's all I got for now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBAyr...eature=related

"I have big hands but, 12 hands is roughly 15'3..."

HOW ABOUT NOW?
    Last edited by gloriginger; Apr. 5, 2011 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gloriginger View Post
    measure in hands

"I have big hands but, 12 hands is roughly 15'3..."
    Still comes up as splint boots.

I can't access them here at work. Are you saying she actually says 15 feet three inches?? Doesn't she have a 'roughly' idea of what 15 feet is?

Now, thinking about it, I was told that a hand was measured in the old days from thumb nuckle to the ouside of the hand 5th finger knuckle, across the back of the hand and that most 'hands' were determined to be about 4 inches which was what became the standard.

The standard is 4 inches, not the width of your hand. I learned that by reading some book when I was about 8 years old. Probably Little Black a Pony or Misty of Chincoteague. Possibly the old horse bible "A Horse of Your Own", the biggest mistake any parent can give a girl, which describes in detail how to have your father construct a stable with a dutch door and then install a horse of your very own who loves you and releys on you and looks to you for carrots and whatnot, onto your own property in your own back yard, with a saddle and bridle hanging on the wall right next to his stall, and explains just how to care for him once he is looking out his stall door expectantly towards the house for you every morning, which you should ideally be able to view from your bedroom window, I gleaned, and which book I still have. And it is a wonder to me that these basics are lacking in Sarah Stetners, for it means that she never read such a book. But somewhere she heard the idea of a "hand" and if she did, how was it that the historical knowledge which she tries to convey was not thorough enough to include the simple fact that a hand is 4 inches? Surely she does know it! She indicates that she thinks her hand is too big!! So why make up the mathematics!!
    Airborne? Oh. Yes, he can take a joke. Once. After that, the joke's on you.

Quote Originally Posted by saddlebum122 View Post
    Someone needs to send that jumping vid to George Morris. He's gonna be awful pissed when he finds out he's been doing it wrong all these years.

I'll bet Sarah Stetner is a legend in her own mind.

Is she the Expert Villiage Idiot?

Okay...that's all I got for now.
    This is about four days late. She's the perfect April Fool. Unfortunately she's not kidding. Even more unfortunately, I have no doubt that there are worse offenders.

Guys, just click on the person's username under the video's title. Her only 3 videos are the Sarah ones.
    My CANTER cutie Chip and IHSA shows!
    http://www.youtube.com/kheit86

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherRound View Post
    I can't access them here at work. Are you saying she actually says 15 feet three inches??

No- she does the "itsy bitsy spider" up the horses leg- which comes out to "12" and then says that 12 of those equals a 15'3 hand horse? lord only knows how she came up with that formula. ...she's totally winging it...

Hope the visual helps

Thanks for the links - had my belly laugh about measuring. Showed it to my sons when the video first came up (on Fugly?) and even though they don't know much about horses, they thought it was a hoot. Glad to know it has retained its comic value!!!

These are timeless classics that are just as funny now as they were years ago! Anyone remember exactly how old these are?