The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Ocala Florida Dressage?

Chrissa Hoffmann of CFH Dressage,Grand Prix Dressage trainer, will be moving to Ocala Florida, August 1st. We will be opening a full-time training facility. Can anyone please suggest where to advertise? Is there a local organization? Thanks so much! All of us from CFH

Ocala GMO is called "Stride"; they have a website, stridedressage.org.

Central Florida Dressage operates around the Orlando area, www.centralfloridadressage.com.

Orlando Dressage (www.orlandodresage.com) runs shows including some at the Florida Horse Park.

Default I just got back from Ocala

Drool. The Stride dressage show at the Florida Horse Park was quite nice. I loved every minute of my trip. I'd go in the winter in a heart beat if I could afford it.

And Lexington loses a good trainer. You'd think there'd be more....

STRIDE and Northeast Florida Dressage Association - www.nfldressage.org are also partnering this year for shows (scores will count for year end awards for both GMOs). Northeast Florida Dressage Assoc encompasses the Jacksonville (Duval County) and Orange Park/Green Cove/Starke (Clay County) areas. Shows are held at the Jax Equestrian Center and the Clay County Fairgrounds.
    Heather
    Green Cove Springs, FL

2ndyrgal, thanks for the compliment. We at Stride try to put on a good show, and are so pleased to have all our shows at the FHP this year. We are alos really excited about partnering with NFdressage for the Championship shows!

And to the OP, Stride has a monthly newsletter with advertisements. Check our website for more info: either stridedressage.org or stridedressage.com (one is pared down for dial up users, we have quite a few slow connections in the Ocala area!) The newsletters are there for your reading pleasure!

Loretta

I'm glad I happened on this thread. We are heading down there too! If you find yourself in need of a premium farrier, consider calling us for a chat. I actually shoe some of your clients horses in Ohio, Chrissa.

We'll still be working at the Kentucky Horsepark shows in the summer.

Thanks for the links folks! Gotta love all the action in Florida.
    Scott Gregory
    (513) 678-9877
    www.farrierservices.net

My fiance and I are headed to Ocala too! So far we haven't found the right farm to rent down there. Does anybody know of a place, maybe that's not being advertised for rent? Or does anybody need a groom/barn manager and a mechanic/ handy man extraordinar to take care of their farm/horses in exchange for a place to live for us and 4 horses? PM me if any body has any ideas.

Sorry to hijack this thread!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by punky View Post
    My fiance and I are headed to Ocala too! So far we haven't found the right farm to rent down there. Does anybody know of a place, maybe that's not being advertised for rent? Or does anybody need a groom/barn manager and a mechanic/ handy man extraordinar to take care of their farm/horses in exchange for a place to live for us and 4 horses? PM me if any body has any ideas.

Sorry to hijack this thread!!!!!!!
    Look on the Ocala 4 sale site for rental property.
    Sandy in Fla.

Darn Chrissa, just as I am moving to the Lexington area this June!!!.... Best of luck in Ocala!
    "Success comes in cans, not in cannots!"

Thanks everyone for all the information! We are all looking foward to getting moved in on August 1st. The barn has 24 stalls, brand new dressage ring with sand and fiber footing. (mirrors being added) Also, there have been some people asking if Chrissa will travel to teach or do clinics. As of now she will travel to do some clinics, but individual outside lessons must trailer in, as the days are full with in- house horses in training. We will advertise soon..thanks again!!!!