The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Chacco-Blue babies? Anyone?

Hey....okay so I'm wondering if anyone out there has a Chacco-Blue foal? My friend is thinking of breeding her jumper mare to him next year and was wondering how his foal's dispositions are and if they're easy to start.
    "Success is the best revenge"

I had a Chacco filly born last year, Chablu. She was purchased right after birth but will stay with me to grow up. The mare has a great temperament, and it seems the filly will have one as well. I like her a lot and bred the mare back to Chacco but she didn't get in foal, so I used another stallion.
    There are videos on youtube of quite a few Chacco's if your friend hasn't seen them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chablustand.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	32509  
    As is our confidence, so is our capacity. ~W. Hazlitt

Visit our website: Gift Hill Farm and on Facebook

I loved Chacco when I saw him at PS's! I think I posted about it at one point, but he was a total ham at the barn and I saw several Catoki's & Chacco Blues going in Germany that I would have taken home Not sure how they are to start, and some were a bit hotter, but they were good horses --

Hello!
    http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...4/IMG_1642.jpg
    Don't leave!
    http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...4/IMG_1648.jpg

He has a wonderfully soft eye.
    http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...930_185053.jpg

We have a lot here, all under saddle. They vary a lot in type, although many are larger framed and a little plain, they can also be small, blood type, heavy. They do vary much more than say the Balous do. However the fact so many of them are here and competing in the young jumper classes shows that he passes on his jump well at least. he himself has a stellar temperament, a real gentleman.
    As an example the 2 we have on our list right at the moment, one form a Canabis mother is very sensitive, tall and rangy in frame, not a classic technique but huge scope and tries 110% in every way. The other from a Caretino mother is rounder framed, not as tall, very pretty, easy to ride but to me mroe a hunter type than a real scopey show jumper, and is content to just do enough to please but not over exert herself. We just had a gelding from a cento mother who was a big heavier type, quite plain, very easy temperment to handle but a bit stuffy to ride. Lots of scope again though.
    www.volatis.co.uk - breeders of quality and colour