The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Trailers USA Brand Horse Trailers

Hello! I am shopping for a BP horse trailer and I have come across a trailer that fits all my needs but I have never heard of the brand. It's a 7'3" tall all aluminum, 16' x 6' BP ramp straightload with a dressing room by Trailers USA. I was able to find their website and they're based out of Ocala, FL but I can't find any reviews on them. I was a little worried based on the price because the trailer is a brand new 2011 (being sold by a dealer) and they only want $8,595 for it. Does anyone have any experience with this trailer brand? Here's the listing in case anyone was interested in looking: http://www.maconcustomtrailers.com/2...d-Macon-GA-653

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

They are Kingston knockoffs. Look similar, but made with lighter framework, and in the past low grade issues (stuff like paint flaking off the frame while fairly new) Not horrendous, but not high end. I'm not sure if they are back in business. They closed down last year and had some financial issues. They might be back up now. Find that out so you know if the warranty is any good.
    I'd take one of those over something truly scary like the new Miley's.

In a word.......JUNK

Trailers USA has a new owner. They are working hard. I took my trailer in for some work (adding door from dressing to horse area) and it was good....and the price was great. I would consider looking at their new trailers if I was looking.