The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default CANTER M-A trainer listed horses (Charles Town, WV)

I think I'm going to keep an open thread on here, because there are always a few horses that need to find homes quickly and are giveaways or "make any offer" situations. These are several that could really use some new homes:

This guy is very sweet, but is not earning his keep. He looks to be growing, and just wants to be a snugglebunny.

Sold -- This is a very nice mare - she had knee chip surgery but has been racing on that for a while. Trainer said she is a broodmare prospect but she is probably fine for some riding too. She is VERY substantial - big, wide bodied horse.

Sold/homed: Cute mare who is off the track and been let down, ready to go.

SOLD... And last but not least, another pretty bay mare.

PLEASE NOTE - horses on this thread are horses that need homes fast and are being represented by our 501c3. Please read listings before calling trainers as they may not be total giveaways.
    Last edited by caffeinated; Jul. 1, 2011 at 06:34 PM.
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

Quote Originally Posted by caffeinated View Post
    I think I'm going to keep an open thread on here, because there are always a few horses that need to find homes quickly and are giveaways or "make any offer" situations. These are several that could really use some new homes:

This is a very nice mare - she had knee chip surgery but has been racing on that for a while. Trainer said she is a broodmare prospect but she is probably fine for some riding too. She is VERY substantial - big, wide bodied horse.

Just going to mention that for you sporthorse breeders who love Damascus . . . you might want to look her up.
    Hidden Echo Farm, Carlisle, PA -- home of JC palomino sire Canadian Kid (1990 - 2013) & AQHA sire Lark's Favorite, son of Rugged Lark.

She is nicely bred for hunter/jumper.

She's linebred on Nasrullah, her dam is up close line bred on Damascus, her sire's damsire is the wonderful Stagedoor Johnny AND the she has Double Jay on the page from Pleasant Colony.

Nice looking mare too.

Quote Originally Posted by caffeinated View Post

This is an older gelding, 11 yo, who just has the kindest personality! This one really would shine as a young person's pet, and as he's older he's probably seen it all. Very good looking and just a doll!
    Any idea what type of price range they're thinking of? He looks like a real sweetie, and if in the lower price ranges, I would love to look into him.

I don't want to make any claims for the OP, but often the owners are looking for good homes. All the horses listed NEED homes sooner than later and at a "price" appropriate for COTH giveaway listing. Price can be very negotiable.

I hope you take a chance and look at Mac - he is listed as very special. He could be a perfect match!

One request of listing groups like Canter is that you be respectful of the trainer's/assistant's time.

Best wishes!

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Bob View Post
    I don't want to make any claims for the OP, but often the owners are looking for good homes. All the horses listed NEED homes sooner than later and at a "price" appropriate for COTH giveaway listing. Price can be very negotiable.
    Yep. Usually when we're told "make an offer" it means that the primary concern is finding a home quickly. I can't actually make recommendations in that regard, though (like, I couldn't tell you if you should offer $200 or $2000) but the trainer seems mostly concerned with finding him a good, appropriate home. He's a real sweetie

Also as an FYI, though, I can say any prices listed on the above are likely very negotiable.

My CANTER blog.

Default The "pretty big-bodied mare"

Well, y'know, if that trainer *really* wanted to place that mare in an excellent home, she should ship her down to Richmond so I can sneak her into our pasture. The bay mare that prefers turf and has the "unique star"...

Just sayin' - and that's without having a clue what the mare's pedigree is, too!

OM
    (who needs another horse like she needs another hole in her head - because obviously ALL of her brains have leaked out just to be looking at these horses)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartAlex View Post

Give it up. Many of us CoTHers are trapped at a computer all day with no way out, and we hunt in packs. So far it as all been in good fun. You should be thankful for that.

Quote Originally Posted by oldenmare View Post
    Well, y'know, if that trainer *really* wanted to place that mare in an excellent home, she should ship her down to Richmond so I can sneak her into our pasture. The bay mare that prefers turf and has the "unique star"...

Just sayin' - and that's without having a clue what the mare's pedigree is, too!

OM
    (who needs another horse like she needs another hole in her head - because obviously ALL of her brains have leaked out just to be looking at these horses)
    Yeah, in my imagination, I already named her and took her on a cross country ride and bought her a new saddle and gave her treats and let her give me kisses and preened smugly when everybody told me how cute she is. Le sigh.

00Pisces

Yep - had that same daydream. Must be a Pisces thing.

I do find it interesting that the trainer hasn't listed her name or pedigree. This makes me think that trainer would be happy to get rid of the associated costs of keeping this horse as obviously, she must not have great bloodlines!

So, please, have her shipped asap and I will take her right off that trainer's hands! LOL

Give it up. Many of us CoTHers are trapped at a computer all day with no way out, and we hunt in packs. So far it as all been in good fun. You should be thankful for that.

00Pisces
    I do find it interesting that the trainer hasn't listed her name or pedigree.
    Partly that's SOP (we don't usually put the names of horses still at the C-T directly in the listings unless we are requested to), and partly it's our volunteers hearing the name wrong, so I initially couldn't find it anywhere:

http://www.pedigreequery.com/nicks+ransom

My CANTER blog.

What are ya'll waiting for!
    www.ctannerjensen.com
    http://ctannerjensen.blogspot.com/
    Equine Art capturing the essence of the grace,strength, and beauty of the Sport Horse."

Quote Originally Posted by ctanner View Post
    What are ya'll waiting for!
    I'm waiting to lose like a hundred pounds before I adopt a TB.

I'm waiting to win the lottery!

Sadly, I simply cannot justify getting another horse... but if one just magically appeared, ha ha, I could manage to talk my way around that! I just hope that by a little well-intentioned admiration via chatting, we keep thread bumped up so that these all find good homes.

She really would look good in my pasture with my other bay TB, though.

Edited to add: She has an awesome pedigree which only adds to my yen factor. Thank you so much for posting that - very similar bloodlines to my current TBs that are just wonderful. Please someone go get her and the others!

Bump to find great homes for these lovely horses. OP added some JC names for pedigree searching!

Actually, Anna....., I believe that has been addressed already - and I actually meant it in jest (hence the smiley-face).

Trust me - the lines on the one mare ARE nice. Very nice. If there were a way for me to go get her right now, I probably would (the BF even likes her - of course, this was after we realized she was the spitting image of his mare!).

Most of the listings placed here are from caring, legitimate people working with trainers whose primary interest is to find the horses a good home.

Actually, Anna....., I believe that has been addressed already - and I actually meant it in jest (hence the smiley-face).

Trust me - the lines on the one mare ARE nice. Very nice. If there were a way for me to go get her right now, I probably would (the BF even likes her - of course, this was after we realized she was the spitting image of his mare!).

Most of the listings placed here are from caring, legitimate people working with trainers whose primary interest is to find the horses a good home.
    Oldenmare, I think it was a spam post. Check out the links in her sig line.

Sar:

LOL at myself - I rarely read sig lines and just assumed it was a troll - which, lately (imo) is worse than a spammer!

But it's another bump for these horses at least!

OM

Another one:

moved/off listings handsome chestnut gelding
    Last edited by caffeinated; Jul. 1, 2011 at 06:34 PM.

My CANTER blog.

The cute 4 y/o (Crafty Mischief) what can you tell us about him other than he's sweet? is he sound? Quiet? Sane? Well-mannered?

Quote Originally Posted by WishIWereRiding View Post
    The cute 4 y/o (Crafty Mischief) what can you tell us about him other than he's sweet? is he sound? Quiet? Sane? Well-mannered?
    He was quiet and well mannered for his photos, but as we only see the horses for about 30 seconds to take their pictures, that's all I can tell you, other than that he raced 14 times (very slowly) and his owner wants him out of there ASAP.

My CANTER blog.