The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Where do you get your custom-shwag?

A few years back when I was visiting England, I bought an awesome helmet cover - bright green with navy stars. Then, last year as I started toying with this eventing thing I lucked in to a navy vest, so bam - I'm set on colors for now.

Or so I thought.

I work with two trainers, one has a very established barn, the other is just getting his operation off the ground in this country. I've always enjoyed sporting barn-colors as much as I've been able to afford. Both barns use black as one of their colors - but have different accents.

Helmet covers are no problem - those are simple enough to switch out. I've been drooling over the Sipps covers lately and have come up with a design that I like in both sets of colors. Duct tape is cheap and works just fine for striping boots.

Unfortunately where I'm running in to trouble is what to do about my vest. While I'm not totally opposed to trading someone my navy vest for their black one, what I'd really love is a slip-cover for my Tipperary. I imagine that they exist, but I have no idea where to start looking for them online or if they are even USEA legal. Any ideas?

Since they're 80% covered up by your pinny anyhow, I'm not sure why you'd bother?
    Click here before you buy.

Quote Originally Posted by deltawave View Post
    Since they're 80% covered up by your pinny anyhow, I'm not sure why you'd bother?
    Eh, just hold-over in my robot-brain from H/J land and wanting to be all matchy-matchy.

Most of the riders in one program are fairly well decked out in barn-colors, the other program is still working out finer details and coming together with a unified 'look'.

Also, if no one's making any sort of slip cover - I might have to learn to sew and make myself a ridiculous one with a Hello Kitty Jolly-Roger on the back I could start a vest-slip-cover empire!