The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Calling customers crazy? - CWD

So after reading the entire train wreck of the CWD- vs EBAY buyer i just want to say that i don't think it is anyones fault EXCEPT the pro rider. In addition i am thoroughly disgusted that a company would come on here and call customers crazy. I cant even believe a company would make such a bold statement on the internet and since i cant quote anyone in the old thread i am going to repeat what was said by MILOUTE55:

"you're welcome! thank you and all the posters who are appreciating what I do. I work for people like you: Polite, smart and educated and who can answer without insulting or trying to put oil on the fire. Luckily the vast majority of customers and posters are like you. The few crazy and unreasonable ones are just much louder than the nice ones unfortunately...."

I know for one I will never buy a CWD after the horror stories on here and after this statement. Wow.

Ditto. I was already put off by the attitude of a CWD rep here, and after this I can't imagine giving them my business.
    "Adulthood? You're playing with ponies. That is, like, every 9 year old girl's dream. Adulthood?? You're rocking the HELL out of grade 6, girl."

I read the thread too and didn't think the customer was crazy or rude. A little stressed maybe but with very good reason.
    Very bad form for a company representative to have made said statement. Not at all appropriate.
    Originally Posted by sketcher
    Oh THANK GOD. For a moment I thought no one would kick her when she was down

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

She isn't a CWD rep. She is honest, however. I would agree, that crazy, unreasonable folks are never fun to work with, that's all she said. Wouldn't turn me off a bit. Whatever...
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

Wow ... I can't believe the hassle Miloute55 has been getting over this. If I was her the next time someone from COTH contacts her for any information I would run for the hills. Unless they go through the proper channels and don't just PM her.

I am sure anyone who has worked in retail has called a customer crazy. I don't think she ever referred to the original poster as crazy.

On the other thread others stated that they wouldn't give CWD their business, but I have to wonder how many of those people could afford to give them their business in the first place. I know I couldn't, so pretty easy to make the statement. I wouldn't have been giving them my business prior to this thread either.

It is a wonder some stay in business considering their customer service!

I had a "customer service" rep last week from Comcast ask me if I "grasped" that she would be the one to fix the problem. I was on the phone for 57 minutes at that point trying to fix a problem they created by them not showing up for an appointment. I was crabby, I will give you that. I did not, at any point, use any bad language with her. I did, however, get her little rear end in trouble. They pulled the tape of the call and gave me a month of free service.

I think when a vendor treats their customers badly, it should hurt them in the wallet. JMO
    www.Somermistfarm.com
    Hunter Ponies & Quality GSDs
    www.UnleashedK9.net

And you've never come across a "crazy" customer?! Sorry, but I have no problem with someone being honest and saying it like it is! Pussy footing around is not one of my strong points! I have had a few people that were a little bit off center to deal with thru the years. Not going to come on a BB and talk directly ABOUT them, but I wouldn't have a bit of problen stating that I know a few "crazy" horse people that I wouldn't want to deal with!

I have dealt with plenty of crazy people but would not put it publicly on a forum while representing a big company. sorry. Just put me off.

Apparently quite few have never worked in a retail setting or shopped in one. There are crazy customers out there. Lots. The people who expect a store to take their burnt out pots and pans back because they can't cook are crazy. Many of the posters in that thread were worked up to the point of unreasonableness. I didn't take her statement to imply that the OP in that thread was a nutcase. Some of the posters were or appeared to be.

I have no reason to ever buy a CWD unless they start making cutbacks, but I would not hold this situation, or one post on a trainwreck thread against them if they did.

Quote Originally Posted by sarah v View Post
    I read the thread too and didn't think the customer was crazy or rude. A little stressed maybe but with very good reason.
    Very bad form for a company representative to have made said statement. Not at all appropriate.
    FWIW, I did not think she was calling the OP on that thread crazy or rude. I took it as a general observation that there are a few crazy, rude customers in the world, who often make more noise than the nice polite customers. That is undeniably true.

Whether that was an appropriate comment for a representative of a business to make on a public BB is another question, but I did not think it was directed at that OP.

I also think the company should have taken the matter up with their sponsored rider, not anyone else. If the company did not have a clause in the rider's contract to cover such a contingency- well, I imagine they will in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by shawneeAcres View Post
    And you've never come across a "crazy" customer?! Sorry, but I have no problem with someone being honest and saying it like it is! Pussy footing around is not one of my strong points! I have had a few people that were a little bit off center to deal with thru the years. Not going to come on a BB and talk directly ABOUT them, but I wouldn't have a bit of problen stating that I know a few "crazy" horse people that I wouldn't want to deal with!
    THIS!

I think that CWD has done a pretty good job in handling a giant clusterf*** of a situation. Was it perfect? No. But I wouldn't expect them to be.
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

We own a business. I come across crazy, rude people a lot. However, if one of my employees called a customer crazy or rude, they would be gone. In this economy or in any actually, sometimes you just will not be able to make someone happy. That does not mean, at least in my opinion, name calling. It does you no good in the long run and that kind of thing is the one that will get repeated, expanded, etc down the road.
    www.Somermistfarm.com
    Hunter Ponies & Quality GSDs
    www.UnleashedK9.net

COTH lesson # 2988999445566934032

Never share the fact you work for a saddler, tack shop, etc. because when you try to do right by people, the community will turn on you and it will come back and bite you in the ass.
    I don't always feel up to arguing with your ignorance

Quote Originally Posted by Monica67 View Post
    COTH lesson # 2988999445566934032

Never share the fact you work for a saddler, tack shop, etc. because when you try to do right by people, the community will turn on you and it will come back and bite you in the ass.
    Amen sista!

Again I have worked in customer service, have worked in Retail, have been around crazy horse people, etc. IMHO I just don't find it appropriate to flat out call customers who are "loud" meaning unhappy, crazy. Especially on a public forum. I would never call a customer crazy while representing my company.

What would you do if you were shopping at Nordstrom and spent 4k and the person helping you flat out called you crazy? I would definitely be taken back, kind of like this situation.

Even if they are "crazy" customers they are still spending $$$ therefore are still paying customers.

Did they close the other thread and you're sad that there's no way to keep the drama going? Good God. Don't buy a CWD then. Seems simple. How is her calling people "crazy" any different than you coming on here to talk about how upset it made you?

Let's talk about how bad Dover's service is on here too. *head desk* Maybe at some point we can go back to talking about what this forum is for.

Crazy people EVERYWHERE! And you all know at some point, you've been the crazy person that not matter how good the customer service was, you wouldn't be satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Sport View Post
    Wow ... I can't believe the hassle Miloute55 has been getting over this. If I was her the next time someone from COTH contacts her for any information I would run for the hills. Unless they go through the proper channels and don't just PM her.

I am sure anyone who has worked in retail has called a customer crazy. I don't think she ever referred to the original poster as crazy.

On the other thread others stated that they wouldn't give CWD their business, but I have to wonder how many of those people could afford to give them their business in the first place. I know I couldn't, so pretty easy to make the statement. I wouldn't have been giving them my business prior to this thread either.
    I agree with you. Altho I'm not a CWD customer (Hermes owner here, and if you want to hear snooty, call the NYC Hermes store.) Didn't Miloutess warn people, in a previous post cited on that thread, that the seller had sold saddles after being warned that they were stolen? And Miloutess is French, correct? She might be tired of Americans demanding that companies selling high end saddles pay for the mistakes of others.
    A person who buys a stolen saddle can be charged with possession of stolen property. The civil concept of a BFP for value (bona fide purchaser for value) gives way to the criminal statute.
    Any time you buy on ebay, you take the chance that you willl get ripped off. That's why I follow the ebay directives so I can at least get back some of my money and use a credit card so I can dispute a charge and get back all of my money. So far, every thing I've bought on ebay has been wonderful........including the one Hermes saddle I bought from a guy in Germany.

If the ebay seller wants to keep her rating (I don't know if it is 100% or not, but most ebay sellers are concerned about their reputations.) she'll refund the money to the buyer.

It is NOT the fault of CWD that this happened. I understand that the buyer is stressed, i was worried when my Hermes went from Germany to someone down the road via fedex goofing delivery.

Wait a minute.......cartier1 has only a few posts. Isn't someone supposed to jump on her about being a newbie? And I assume she's got a knowledge of criminal and civil law? So I'm sure she knows what "theft by receiving stolen property" is.

Stupid COTH drama.

Hope the admin. comes along quick to shut this thread down.

I think the situation was handled correctly by offering the woman the saddle at a discounted price, etc. I don't think CWD was to blame for the disaster. That wasn't the point. Like i said in OP the BNR was the one to blame IMHO. I just think that calling unhappy customers on a public forum is really unprofessional, that's all. If I told my customers they were crazy they would take their business elsewhere.

Cartier1, I think the difference is she didn't call the OP crazy it was a generic statement. If I spoke to a clerk and they said wow I have dealt with some crazy customers, it wouldn't bother me at all, because it is the truth. Now if they directly called me crazy then that would be a different story. Probably make me think twice about how I was acting though.