The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    *smacks self*

Of course, I don't know why I was picturing T as solid
    Don't worry, if someone had asked me how many feet were white, I wouldn't have said 4 whites either. LOL Adn I've looked at his pictures a LOT. lol

What a gorgeous mare.

It will be fun to watch these Totilas babies grow up.
    Family Partners Welsh Ponies - Home of Section B Welsh stallion *Wedderlie Mardi Gras LOM/AOE http://www.welshponies.com
    Click here to buy: A Guide To In Hand Showing of Your Welsh Pony

LOL, if only one could tell! Absolutely no way to know. Even if he's shedding really dark at first, that's very, very common with chestnuts of all shades, and most chestnuts don't end up liver (unfortunately LOL)

Well, I am guessing the chestnut with bling came from Donnerhall through the damsire. Lots of Sir Donnerhalls are liver and it usually seems like a chestnut foal from dark parents often turns liver. My Sir Donnerhall foal from a black mare is liver chestnut. It's just a guess

Quote Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
    It is not the first foal in Germany by him (that was already born on March 14th out of a pretty good Caprimond dam that is also the dam of De Champ at PS and Zucchero. A chestnut filly. Breeder Helmar Bescht.

Coming back to the colt:
    Germanpremiumfoals is NOT the homepage of the owner/person the foal was born and can be seen in the video clip but of someone else. I was told, that the person behind that homepage had already shown two month earlier a foal to some people and told them ist is by Totilas, which could not have been as there has not been a foal by him at that time in Germany. Beware.

This is Owner/Breeder (according to the newspaper articles in the homepage) http://www.pferdezucht-brunken.de/
    Hello Alexandra,

the person behind germanpremiumfoals is me. We are a party of some private breederfriends but you already know. You are welcome to join. You still own this wonderful For Comliment Filly ? Would be very interested to see how she is doing.

Mr. Brunken purchased the mare infoal last late summer from me. I am still the breeder and there is no change of this status provided.

http://www.st-georg.de/news/detail.p...=9541&class=6#

And it is correct that there was born another chestnut Filly Foal by Totilas before but I am shure Mr. Brunken didn´t know.

I am very happy for the Family Brunken and whish best luck with this little boy. We have been surprised indeed to get the information that he is a coloured chestnut because nobody new about the foal of Helma Bescht at that time.

None of us showed anybody a Foal by Totilas so it is just a rumor. Probably a missunderstanding.

@ all

Chestnut genes are coming by Suesskinds Mother, a chestnut StPr mare. Donnerhall was chestnut as well and Gribaldi had have many chestnuts like for example "Girasol, the gorgeous liver chestnut mare ridden by Nadine Capellmann:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMwrdInQnPc

Thanks to Kerstin Klieber by Reitschule Sandbrink for the Video credit.

Cathrin

Quote Originally Posted by GPF View Post
    Hello Alexandra,

the person behind germanpremiumfoals is me. We are a party of some private breederfriends but you already know. You are welcome to join. You still own this wonderful For Comliment Filly ? Would be very interested to see how she is doing.

Mr. Brunken purchased the mare infoal last late summer from me. I am still the breeder and there is no change of this status provided.

http://www.st-georg.de/news/detail.p...=9541&class=6#

And it is correct that there was born another chestnut Filly Foal by Totilas before but I am shure Mr. Brunken didn´t know.

I am very happy for the Family Brunken and whish best luck with this little boy. We have been surprised indeed to get the information that he is a coloured chestnut because nobody new about the foal of Helma Bescht at that time.

None of us showed anybody a Foal by Totilas so it is just a rumor. Probably a missunderstanding.

[...]
    In regards of whose foal is/was first or not: Before one does an announcement like that, one should make ones homework and find out whether one can make such a statement.

I do not know that there are some private breederfriends behind GPF as the poster tries to imply. I knew sofar only about one person.
    To join either Cathrin or her plus a to me unknown group would never ever come to my mind.

I am very proud of what I do and my business reputation that I built up myself so I rather keep it the way it is.

In a the german forum HorseGate she posted yesterday with a new user that she is still the co-owner of above mentioned foal until everything in the contract is fullfilled. Actually she is banned for lifetime in that forum after posting with various users even with herself and calling e.g. Kareen and myself (translated) obnoxious rats. But now created she a new user there.

Cathrin is the same as Equistra in this thread:
    http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=136112

And to end my post: Cathrin has never seen my For Compliment filly so I do not know how she knows that the filly is wonderful !
    I am not responsible for spelling misstacks - just my PC
    www.hannoveranerzuechter.de
    2015: Likoto- Florencio - Prince Thatch; Lissaro - Don Frederico - Prince Thatch; Edward - Sandro Hit - Rouletto

Meanwhile there was born a very pretty black Totilas filly http://www.pferd24.com/index_en.php Her mother is full sister to Silberaster (Sandro Hit - Canaster)
    Hanoverian Dressage Horses
    www.heraldic-horses.de