The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default USHJA Derby winner stallion Empire?

Anyone know any details about this guy? Coth article said he was recently imported. Won the 50k Derby in Wellington today.

Just curious about his breeding and background.

TIA!
    Siouxland Sporthorses: http://slsfarm.blogspot.com/

DIY Journey of Remodeling the Farmette: http://weownblackacre.blogspot.com/

To clarify - he didn't win the Derby in Wellington today... He did get the highest score in the first round of the Derby which concludes tomorrow night under the lights in the International ring...
    Not all who wander are lost.

Ralando II

USEF has him as a 2003 model by Contenro, which I suspect should be Contendro. Dam is listed as unknown. I don't know if he is 8 or 6 though, as the interviews with Scott have him as a 6 year old.

I did find an issue with the USEF data search. If you search for a recording and/or show results for a horse under his previous name after his name has been changed, it now shows that there are no show results although you can find his results under the new name. It is so easy to lose track of a horse unless you know what their name has been changed to. It would be nice to see the search show that the name was changed and referred you to the correct page.
    Silver Creek Farms - home of Apiro & Validation
    Visit us on facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by showjumpers66 View Post
    I did find an issue with the USEF data search. If you search for a recording and/or show results for a horse under his previous name after his name has been changed, it now shows that there are no show results although you can find his results under the new name. It is so easy to lose track of a horse unless you know what their name has been changed to. It would be nice to see the search show that the name was changed and referred you to the correct page.
    Is this a case where the USEF number was retained and the name was changed on the proper form or did the horse simply get a new USEF number instead of a name change?
    I looked up several today that had a name change done the correct way, same USEF number. If you search on the USEF # you get ALL the results from both names. Although you may not be be to tell there was a name change, the results were included from both names but just listed under the new name.

I tried a search on "Vallado". The name change was done correctly, but should no performance results under this name. You would have to know the horse's number and / or new name to find performance results.
    Silver Creek Farms - home of Apiro & Validation
    Visit us on facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by showjumpers66 View Post
    I tried a search on "Vallado". The name change was done correctly, but should no performance results under this name. You would have to know the horse's number and / or new name to find performance results.
    That's pretty much what I said. You need to know the USEF # to get results
    But in this case his old name is cross referenced in the Horse Recording Search because copies of his papers are on file with USEF. It's pretty clear what his original name was.