The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Fit of Amerigo Vega CC saddle

Looking into the Amerigo Vega Monoflap CC saddle. We need a MW tree. I'm more concerned at this point about the fit of the seat. Is the seat measurement true to size or do they run big/small? Any info can help. Needs to fit 2 riders of different seat sizes comfortably so trying to find the best fit.

Thanks!

I have one and the seat is pretty true to size (on mine, at least! )
    I'm not one to say I toadaso. But I toadaso. - Ricky

Does fit true to size in the tree. I love mine! I have had it about a year and a half. Wouldn't change saddles. the seat size only comes in whole sizes (no 17.5, etc.) I went up one half size. I got mine custom fit for my mare and I. They suggested going up for seat size if you are a half size. They are great saddles! My MW has fit almost every horse I have put it on.

The whole sz. makes it a bit tough to figure out which size to get. We have a rider that is 16.5" and an another that is an 18" seat.....I'm afraid the 17" might be too small for the 18" but if it goes too high the 16.5" seat might not get the right fit for competition. It's the saddle that was recommended so we'd like to get it but need the right fit.

Ditto to Trak_Eventer's statement! I love my saddle, the best balanced jump saddle I have ever set in. I normally get a 17.5" but went with the 17" and it is plenty big enough for me, event to "scoot back" coming off the drops. Had custom fitted to my mare also and she does great in the saddle as well.

One note, I noticed that when I tried the larger size, although the seat felt okay, I was shifted into a bit of a chair position. When I moved to the smaller size, everything lined up perfectly. Might just be me though.

Good luck!
    Mollie Zobel Eventing
    Rocky Swamp Farm
    Springfield, SC
    www.molliezobeleventing.com

Do you know if anyone has demos to make sure it's the right size?

Sometimes Amerigo has demos that you can try, although not as often in MW. Try VTO. They let you demo saddles and they might have a MW in stock.

Just sold my 18" because I needed the money (fave saddle EVER), but I ride in a 17" Prestige Event saddle which runs large and found that the Amerigo Monoflap runs a bit on the small side. At 5'9 and a 32" inseam, I was professionally "fitted"/recommended to a 17.5. However, I've had students that were comfortable in a 16.5" (tiny little 5'3/100# girls) ride in my 18" without any issues. In fact, they loved the little extra space when going off drops, plus the resale on it was a bit easier, since I've discovered a lot of people ride in 18" saddles. Hopefully this helps a bit! Good luck! Lovely saddles that stand the test of time in quality and value!
    Keep your feet on the ground, but always look to the stars!

Amerigo Vega Monoflap CC saddle
    Kid tried a used 16 1/2 in this - loved the saddle but definitley wanted a 17 & a longer flap than was on the 16 1/2 (I believe the used saddle has the "standard" flap, it was a med tree but defintely a very generous medium); kid would also want a 17 in an Antares, but 16 1/2 is right for Equipe & Pessoa & Delgrange & the new PJ USA (shop brought in a 17 & it's too big ) ...