The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default orlando dressage

hi,
    my husband and i moved from germany to orlando and i am now looking for other riders. maybe finding some friends.
    find me: www.nj-dressage.com (just finished )
    thank you
    nicole

well hello!

happy to see I am not the only one in Orlando, FL on this forum

by the way your page is really nice and your horse are beautiful!
    and it seems like you are in my area of orlando

Check out Central Florida Dressage's facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...3258059&ref=ts

There's a show this weekend at Clarcona if you have some spare time. Orlando Dressage is organizing it.

monika9467 Guest

Default Reply

I am also want some friends,Please join me.

Default to Pixi0304

Thanks for the welcome :-) and thanks for visiting my site, still some things to do there...
    where are you riding? i boarded my horse in winter garden. couldn't find a stable for reasonable price in orlando.

Default homepage

Quote Originally Posted by nls View Post
    welcome to Orlando Nicole!
    wow amazing horses! i love trakehner and would have loved to buy one here instead of my half arabian/half saddlebred. but all the horses down here even if they have just a littel talent for dressage or look like warmblood are very expensive! i bought my donnerhall mare in germany for 2000 euros. couldn't find anything comperable here for 3000 dollar :-(
    still hoping my small boy will grow soon :-)

ps.: clicked "like" on facebook

Quote Originally Posted by monika9467 View Post
    I am also want some friends,Please join me.
    join me? i would like to :-)

Default facebook

Quote Originally Posted by duecavalle View Post
    Check out Central Florida Dressage's facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...3258059&ref=ts

i snet a freind invitation

Default show

Quote Originally Posted by SerenaGinger View Post
    There's a show this weekend at Clarcona if you have some spare time. Orlando Dressage is organizing it.
    i will check the show. thank you. can i find times when which test start? i heard to ride a show i had to sign in my horse and myself in two organisations. is that right?
    he is doing good and i hope i can show him after summer.

Where in winter Garden? i might know the place
    I have been in orlando since 2008 so I looked around at pretty much all the barns in the area
    I know, prices for boarding are higher than I thought they were, that's why I did not bring my mare with me.
    how many horses did you bring?
    if you're looking for some pointers for boarding place, let me know, i'll be glad to point you to nice places.
    I have friends in Kissimmee where I ride, and some in Clermont.
    I dont have a place fix where I take lessons right now.

by the way, 2000 Euro for a horse is not bad at all especially in europe ( im from France so I know )
    out here they are a lot of people giving away horses, but most of them are green, or not much training

Welcome to Central Florida. The show this weekend will have ride times posted on www.orlandodressage.com; I'm waiting for mine..... The official location is Clarcona Horsemans Park; it is not too far from you.
    I board at a farm in Apopka, WindSong Farm; my trainer who is here for the winter spends her "warm weather time" there. Several years ago she spent time in Germany training w/ Hubertus Schmidt.
    We would love to have you join Central Fla Dressage; they also have a website www.centralfloridadressage.com; our annual banquet is at the end of next month; it would be a good time to meet a bunch of people. PM me for more on this...
    Also, to show at the recognized shows, you need to register your horse and you with both USDF and USEF. There are also a decent number of schooling shows in the area where all that is not required.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie0304 View Post
    Where in winter Garden? i might know the place
    I have been in orlando since 2008 so I looked around at pretty much all the barns in the area
    I know, prices for boarding are higher than I thought they were, that's why I did not bring my mare with me.
    how many horses did you bring?
    if you're looking for some pointers for boarding place, let me know, i'll be glad to point you to nice places.
    I have friends in Kissimmee where I ride, and some in Clermont.
    I dont have a place fix where I take lessons right now.

by the way, 2000 Euro for a horse is not bad at all especially in europe ( im from France so I know )
    out here they are a lot of people giving away horses, but most of them are green, or not much training
    hi,
    i sold my donnerhall mare in germany. i didn't want to put her through the stress of quarantine and 20.000 dollar for the transport and everything was as well a reason.
    the gelding i bought now was almost green, that was o.k. with me, but he is so small... feels like pony riding :-(
    you are right boarding in europe is not only more professional but very much cheaper than over here. so you didn't buy a new horse? are you prepairing to go back to france?
    i boarded in sunny brook farm. may we could meet and talk or have a cup of coffe. i am still a little bit lonely and missing all my friends in germany. we have a noung lady taking lessons in the stable, she is from france as well :-)

nicole

Quote Originally Posted by 2tempe View Post
    Welcome to Central Florida. The show this weekend will have ride times posted on www.orlandodressage.com; I'm waiting for mine..... The official location is Clarcona Horsemans Park; it is not too far from you.
    I board at a farm in Apopka, WindSong Farm; my trainer who is here for the winter spends her "warm weather time" there. Several years ago she spent time in Germany training w/ Hubertus Schmidt.
    We would love to have you join Central Fla Dressage; they also have a website www.centralfloridadressage.com; our annual banquet is at the end of next month; it would be a good time to meet a bunch of people. PM me for more on this...
    Also, to show at the recognized shows, you need to register your horse and you with both USDF and USEF. There are also a decent number of schooling shows in the area where all that is not required.
    hi,
    thanks for the invitation! you are right, a banquet may be a good thing to get to know some people.
    things here are different and i am still trying to figure out how everytings works. as my gelding is just for a few weeks under saddle right now a schooling show would be great just to get him used to shows. thanks for that information.
    maybe you would like to let me know when your starting time is, so i can come over when you are riding.
    nicole

thanks for the compliment on the horses! I think you will find everything horse-related is much more expensive here. I have a German friend who always says "you could get a mare like that for X" - forgetting that it is X plus about $14k to import one. It is hard for her to shift to the reality here. We are on foal watch now and may have a new baby before the weekend is over. You are more than welcome to visit - either send me a message on our facebook page or my phone number is on our website. We are not that far from Winter Garden if you take the toll road.

Quote Originally Posted by orlando dressage View Post
    i boarded in sunny brook farm. may we could meet and talk or have a cup of coffe. i am still a little bit lonely and missing all my friends in germany. we have a noung lady taking lessons in the stable, she is from france as well :-)

nicole
    I sent you a PM

Quote Originally Posted by nls View Post
    thanks for the compliment on the horses! I think you will find everything horse-related is much more expensive here. I have a German friend who always says "you could get a mare like that for X" - forgetting that it is X plus about $14k to import one. It is hard for her to shift to the reality here. We are on foal watch now and may have a new baby before the weekend is over. You are more than welcome to visit - either send me a message on our facebook page or my phone number is on our website. We are not that far from Winter Garden if you take the toll road.
    I looked at your website too, you horses look wonderful, you are a lucky person

Smile

thanks Pixie! We have a few very nice ones for sale - just in case you want one! ; )