The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Kids Bday parties are driving me crazy!!!

My kindergarten daughter just came home with her SIXTH party invitation from kids in her class. She went to two last week (same bouncy house place!), I have 3 on the fridge (one is for the SAME bouncy place...), and she came home with ANOTHER one today which is the same day as one on the fridge - 4/9 and the parties are back to back split by an hour. Whole class is invited and they happen to be for all boys not that it matters, but kind of a weird coincidence.

This is CRAZY! I know I am being a "bah humbugger" but I can't stand it!!

Wow! That's a lot of cake

\"For all those men who say, \"Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free,\" here\'s an update for you: Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage. Why? Because women realize it\'s not worth buying an entire pig just to get a little sausage.\"-

I agree, I don't love kids birthday parties. I find it tends to die out around 2nd/3rd grade (at least around here). I do enjoy talking to the other parents, though, when I stay.

How nice that they invited the whole class.

Quote Originally Posted by SMF11 View Post
    I agree, I don't love kids birthday parties. I find it tends to die out around 2nd/3rd grade (at least around here). I do enjoy talking to the other parents, though, when I stay.

How nice that they invited the whole class.
    Inviting the whole class might not have been a choice. Many schools now have an "all-or-none" policy if the invites are handed out in school. And I have a co-worker whose kids' school is even stricter - doesn't matter if the invitations are passed out during school hours or not. If one kid from the class is invited, they all have to be.

It gets better! I went through that and our schools here (in the younger grades) are invite all or none, so there were constantly a ton of invites and parties to attend-and gifts to buy! Back then my sons parties were huge too because everyone had to be invited. Having to buy cake and set up house for25 kids (and they're parents) ins't all that great.
    Now, I am having my sons 13th (OMG) birthday party tomorrow. I had forgotten what a hassle they used to be until I saw your post. Now its a handful of good friends playing football in the backyard, eating pizza and no parents. Easy Peasy! And he only gets invited (or fells he needs to go to) his good friends. He, unlike his mother, has no problem telling people no.
    Do not toy with the dragon, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!