The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Hockey!

Just got back from a fabulous 8-2 Sabres win over Atlanta... hoping for a playoffs run...

How are the other hockey fans doing? (:

In upstate NY so a big Sabres fan as well- whoot!

Can't say I am really following anyone in particular this year living in Australia and all . But I have been able to catch a couple games on tv this past month!! Saw the Heritage Classic ( 2 of my fave teams) and a couple other random games that get televised here during the middle of the day, perfect for lunch time viewing at least one period.

But will say Go Flames! And then pretty much any other Canadian team in no particular order.

P.

ps. Australia actually has a league which should be starting up soon. Hoping to make it to a game this year !

I sorta follow the Capitals, since they're the only decent DC sports team (as a DC native, I feel comfortable saying this). They're currently tied for first place in the Eastern Conference. Let's hope they don't get knocked out after the first round of the playoffs like they did last year.

I've also been to an ice hockey game at my graduate school, since ice hockey is a huge sport there. It was tons of fun. A bit of a brag- both the men and women's team were Beanpot champs (a Boston-area ice hockey tournament). Today the men's team won the Hockey East Championships. They'll be going to the NCAA Tournament with an expected Number 1 seed.

Pretty excited Habs fan over here.

I don't have any ideas that my little team that could is in any position to win the cup this year but a nice playoff run again like last year would be nice.

I'm excited/terrified to see what happens when we meet up with the Bruins in Boston this week. Chara better hope to be a healthy scratch.

Sabres, Bruins and Caps this week....could make a big difference in the standings if we can kick some ass.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "look deep into his pedigree. Look for the name of a one-of-a-kind horse who lends to his kin a fierce tenacity, a will of iron, a look of eagles. Look & know that Slew is still very much with us."

Quote Originally Posted by sisu27 View Post
    Pretty excited Habs fan over here.

I don't have any ideas that my little team that could is in any position to win the cup this year but a nice playoff run again like last year would be nice.

I'm excited/terrified to see what happens when we meet up with the Bruins in Boston this week. Chara better hope to be a healthy scratch.

Sabres, Bruins and Caps this week....could make a big difference in the standings if we can kick some ass.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I must say that I hope we beat you this week, but I also would looooove to see Chara's arse get thoroughly kicked if he plays against the Habs. d;

The one downside to spending my winter in Florida is less hockey coverage. I mean yes, there are teams here, but not MY teams, and of course there isn't the attention that there is up in Canada.

But that said, I pay attention enough to know that the Canucks rule this year and will be home in time to see their playoff run! Which should be a good one....hoorah!