The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Are there any interesting Thoroughbred Stallions available for Dressage in the USA ?

Are there any interesting Thoroughbred Stallions available for Dressage breeding in the USA ? Can anyone enlighten me on this subject ?
    Karin Offield
    info@offieldfarms.com
    www.offieldfarms.com
    "Don't give up on anything that matters !"

Sea Accounts.
    Competing at 4th level. Competed Eventing through Preliminary.
    Approved RPSI Book One.

No competitive record, but Comet Shine will soon be standing to sport mares, I'm told. His most famous offspring, the eventer Courageous Comet has the movement and attitude to be competitive in the pure dressage ring, especially crossed on the right mare.
    Phoenix Farm ~ Breeding-Training-Sales
    Eventing, Dressage, Young Horses
    www.phoenixsporthorses.com
    Check out my new blog: http://califcountrymom.blogspot.com

I've had the pleasure of seeing Sea Accounts up close and personal several times, as his current rider/trainer clinics regularly with my trainer and trailers in for weekend trips on a pretty regular basis. Not only is he a very handsome stallion, but so sweet and well-mannered. He comes into a strange barn with several mares, and he's quieter and better behaved than some of the horses that live there! Very elastic (especially for a TB) and fluid. Legs that go on for miles. Forward, but not hot or spooky. He's so talented, and I'm really excited to see him out at the shows this year. He's been successful in the show ring so far, but he's made some really great strides this off-season, so look out!

Sinatra's Reply. Competed to Intermediare levels or maybe PSG???

Noble Houston. Producing exceptional movers, site champion Foals.
    WorldwideEquine.NET
    Proudly producing TOP scoring foals in North America
    Stallions Coronado WW, Fal Turro WW, High Five WW and Noble Houston CiceroZ, Stedinger, LandorS, Lordanos, Chalan, Quality

Quote Originally Posted by TrueColours View Post
    Sinatra's Reply. Competed to Intermediare levels or maybe PSG???

somebody on here asked about this horse a few months ago, maybe longer. At the time I couldn't find him on USEF's website. If he did FEI levels I'd think he would need a USEF recording?
    Aso, there is a website for him that pushes him as an APHA stallion and mentions competed to 3rd level. Looks like the last update may have been year end 2009.
    This is the horse whose JC name is Reply, not Sinatra's Reply, right?
    Anybody know anything about this horse? Nice pedigree.

My eldest stallion, Master Huntsman, had two that went well up the levels -- qualifying for regionals and getting high point awards at recognized shows. One showed to Fourth and schooled PSG/I-1 and the other showed to I-1, both out of unlikely mares. Other babies did well at lower levels, could certainly have gone on if the owners had the interest or ability. All always scored well on gaits, had alot of presence and wonderful work ethics. I have a little frozen from him and his son, Murray's Law, who is a excellent type for it. I took him to First Level, my fault not his that we didn't go higher -- we were trying to build our farm. Huntsman is 31 this year and Murray was 22 yesterday and not actively standing. They both have some wonderful bloodlines that are disappearing. I agree about Sea Accounts -- lovely stallion!
    PennyG

The only dressage that A Fine Romance did was when he was in training to be an eventer, so just very basic. He did however score one '10'.
    He is an outstanding mover, balanced,very free in the shoulder, with a lot of extension, and suspension, as well as push from behind.
    When he was doing dressage people wanted to know "what kind of warmblood that beautiful stallion" was.
    He was being ridden by a top Canadian dressage rider, and she always said he had plenty more movement.
    When he was at Hilltop he was being ridden lightly, and Susanne Hassler called me to say "he is a DRESSAGE horse".

He too has produced exceptional movers, site Champion foals, as well as one who tied for highest scoring foal in NA in her inspection year. (Bernie Ball's beautiful Amelia).
    Many of his offspring are eventers, but a few were bred specifically for dressage.
    A FINE ROMANCE - JC Reg Thoroughbred - GOLD Premium CSHA - ISR/OLDNA Approved
    CSHA Brickenden Stallion Award Winner - for Performance offspring.
    Please visit A Fine Romance on FB!

Audited. I rode an incredibly talented horse by him, could have been the mare but my money would be on the Private Account line.
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

I, too, think Sea Accounts is worth a look. Quite a nice stallion.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

Sea Accounts and Audited are related of course...

Need to chat with Viney about that!
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

Last year I got great feedback on my tb AFR daughter from dressage people. My dressage coach (a grand prix winner) wanted to know her sire, and said she could go grand prix, and calls her a ballerina. I cliniced with Shelley Francis, and she said she looked like a Jazz horse and I should breed her, and the judges were going to love her. Then I evented at 4 HTs, and had good Novice Test A's with great comments, one test with 4 9's and 9 8's, was the best of the day. The judge is a Hannoverian breeder who thought she was Dutch and told me to breed her. The scribe told me the judge said she would love to ride her.

Since I struggle to learn dressage and do sitting trot, Spirit deserves all the credit for this. She is coming 8yo and is also a champion local hunter, all with me, an amateur, and no pro rider, doing the training and showing.

I would think A Fine Romance and Sea Accounts are probably the best known in the sport horse world.

There is also a TB stallion at Oak Hill Ranch in Louisiana named Rodeo who is approved by Danish WB and Oldenburg (GOV).

I don't know if he is suitable as a dressage sire or not - he hasn't been shown (retired racehorse), and I haven't seen any video so don't know about his movement.

http://www.oakhillranch.com/stallions_highlight.php

DY,
    I've seen that guy in the listings too. Hope the SO has some foals coming out of good WB mares to show what he has to offer.

The SO has to go first before attracting outsides mares, IMO.

Aso, there is a website for him that pushes him as an APHA stallion and mentions competed to 3rd level. Looks like the last update may have been year end 2009.
    This is the horse whose JC name is Reply, not Sinatra's Reply, right?
    Anybody know anything about this horse? Nice pedigree.
    he's dual registered - both Jockey Club and APHA. One of those names is his JC name and the other is his APHA name

He looks like a lovely stallion!

Soleil Q, by Sunlight xx, is approx. 3/4 TB. He is owned by Suzanne Quarles.
    Roseknoll Sporthorses
    www.roseknoll.net

Soleil Q is lovely. Is he approved by anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Oakstable View Post
    Soleil Q is lovely. Is he approved by anyone?
    He is approved Hanoverian. I think he would have been at Celle but the Quarles purchased and imported him. He is very nice. If you search the archives here you will see that the German COTHers who know him from over there like him a lot also.
    Roseknoll Sporthorses
    www.roseknoll.net

We second Comet Shine as he throws exceptional movement. He is leggy and built uphill and is a very attractive bay with white. His babies also jump just as well.