The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default BNRs will need a new employee

Notice that PRO is teaming up with SSG Gloves to offer cash to winners of several divisions in their PRO events, if that winner is wearing SSG Gloves with the logo prominently visible.
    I can forsee that the BNRs will need a designated "Logo Coordinator", whose ONLY job is to make sure said BNR and horse is properly wearing/displaying all of their sponsors products.
    Maybe we'll see them with logos all over their Point Two's.... a la NASCAR fire suits....? LOL!
    You can hear it now: "NO, Buck, Bruce, Boyd (whoever)... you have to have your _____ (pick one) girth, vest, bridle, gloves, saddle pad, etc. etc. etc... on before going out to compete!"

Sheesh.

I hate to break it to you, but grooms already have to deal with this. I have had to make sure that we didn't insult certain reps by not using their saddle pad at an event where they were watching (even though the pads were CRAP). Some reps can be very sensitive little things!

I knew that eventing sponsorship had reached new heights when PD was photographed in his Cosequin britches a la flat jockeys...
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" Immanuel Kant

Quote Originally Posted by puddytat View Post
    Notice that PRO is teaming up with SSG Gloves to offer cash to winners of several divisions in their PRO events, if that winner is wearing SSG Gloves with the logo prominently visible.
    I can forsee that the BNRs will need a designated "Logo Coordinator", whose ONLY job is to make sure said BNR and horse is properly wearing/displaying all of their sponsors products.
    Maybe we'll see them with logos all over their Point Two's.... a la NASCAR fire suits....? LOL!
    You can hear it now: "NO, Buck, Bruce, Boyd (whoever)... you have to have your _____ (pick one) girth, vest, bridle, gloves, saddle pad, etc. etc. etc... on before going out to compete!"

Sheesh.

Look at golf, tennis etc. It is part of sponsorship packages. What is the big deal? That is sport.

Sponsorship of riders and our sport is a good thing! Glad that its happening!

We need a "Like" button on here..... as V.R. said...it won't be anything new...

Quote Originally Posted by VicariousRider View Post
    I hate to break it to you, but grooms already have to deal with this. I have had to make sure that we didn't insult certain reps by not using their saddle pad at an event where they were watching (even though the pads were CRAP). Some reps can be very sensitive little things!

I knew that eventing sponsorship had reached new heights when PD was photographed in his Cosequin britches a la flat jockeys...
    "A little less chit-chat a little more pitter-pat"

I couldn't care less if they shaved "Smartpak" into a horse's hind end. Sponsorship money is good. Maybe the BNRs won't have to ride 500 horses to pay the bills and concentrate on bringing their horses along properly.

Posted by Wheel Whip:

I couldn't care less if they shaved "Smartpak" into a horse's hind end. Sponsorship money is good. Maybe the BNRs won't have to ride 500 horses to pay the bills and concentrate on bringing their horses along properly.

Boy, would that be nice.

I foresee a whole new style of quartermark stencils...
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats. - Lemony Snicket

Quote Originally Posted by BigRuss1996 View Post
    We need a "Like" button on here..... as V.R. said...it won't be anything new...
    So true!

I used to have anxiety attacks trying to keep track of my rider's stuff...

I think sponsorship is a good thing!!
    -Jessica

To be remembered....sponsors sponsor upper level riders so that us lower level riders take notice and buy their stuff....they give them stuff so we will buy that stuff. It is way past time that the lower level riders started getting some respect from sponsors for the huge buying power we all have. Just a few of the sponsors that recognize that includ Smartpak and Cavalor, both have good reps that understand giveaways and customer service. I am sure there are more, but I really wish that the PRO sponsors would make a bigger effort, a more publicized effort, to INCLUDE THOSE WHO ARE REALLY PAYING THE BILLS. Us. ?
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by retreadeventer View Post
    To be remembered....sponsors sponsor upper level riders so that us lower level riders take notice and buy their stuff....they give them stuff so we will buy that stuff. It is way past time that the lower level riders started getting some respect from sponsors for the huge buying power we all have. Just a few of the sponsors that recognize that includ Smartpak and Cavalor, both have good reps that understand giveaways and customer service. I am sure there are more, but I really wish that the PRO sponsors would make a bigger effort, a more publicized effort, to INCLUDE THOSE WHO ARE REALLY PAYING THE BILLS. Us. ?
    Like!

The SSG promotion actually does award money to junior and amateur riders but it doesn't say how much or whether you have to be a member of PRO along with wearing the gloves to win. I think it would be better if they just awarded the money without the glove requirement; it doesn't sit right with me but on the other hand it's great they have the money to do it.

There are a number of horse trials that award products to competitors not riding at the advanced level. Stuart Horse Trials has their Christmas in July where all competitors get prizes of various products. How about the Training 3 Day Series and the AEC's, both of whom were developed with the lower level rider in mind?
    Five Star Tack

I have no problem with product placement, but I do wish the supplement ebpndorsements would come from people who actually can speak intelligently and from a position of authority on them, like vets. PD might know a good saddle pad when he sees one, but what does he know about cellular physiology?
    Click here before you buy.

Quote Originally Posted by deltawave View Post
    I do wish the supplement ebpndorsements would come from people who actually can speak intelligently

You busting my chops because I can't type at speed on an iPad?
    Click here before you buy.

One of my father's favorite sayings was:
    "When you start charging for admission, it changes from "sport" to "entertainment"".

The same could be said of sponsorship.
    Last edited by Janet; Mar. 21, 2011 at 03:19 PM.
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

Quote Originally Posted by deltawave View Post
    You busting my chops because I can't type at speed on an iPad?
    This is the 21st century excuse for a doctor's illegible handwriting.