The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Why is my video not searchable on youtube?

This has happened before not sure why. Posted a video for someone on YT last night but not searchable. Added a few more photos and reposted video. Second video is searchable, first one still does not come up. Renamed first video added number 1 to name, still not coming up. Search on For Kaitlyn Arlington jumping. One video comes up but if you look on my home page you will see the second video.

Trying to solve mystery.

No help here, but I am having a similar problem. I uploaded a video from my Droid to YT, and phone says upload is complete, but I can't find it on YT. It is not on my page, and a search brings up nothing! Looking forward to the responses to your question because maybe I can figure out my problem too!
    Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket???

When you post a video on YouTube you have a choice of privacy settings. The usual default is "public" meaning anybody can search and view it. The opposite is "private" which means only the users you specify can view your video. In between is "unlisted" limiting viewing to those who have the video's specific URL. It's not possible to search for unlisted videos.

So check your privacy settings for the video. You may have inadvertently set it to unlisted.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    But all the finest horsemen out—the men to Beat the Band—
    You’ll find amongst the crowd that ride their races in the Stand

Most of my videos are marked public. This one is too but only shows up on my YT page. I have had my page for a year and half and only had this happen one other time. Strangely, the other video that was not searchable now is!

I record my videos from my mini camera, edit in Windows Live Movie Maker and upload from there. There is an occassional problem where I have to reupload. Always get to destination.

I had a similar problem a while back. I figured out what was happening. If I uploaded straight from my camera (so camera card in the computer, and opening youtube and getting it from the card) it did what you described. If I saved the video on my computer, then then uploaded it from there and not the card, it worked just fine. But you said you edited both in movie maker and saved the files in the same format? In that case, Im not sure why it did that.