The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default PNW Eventers!

I am finally going to have a horse again after quite a long hiatus. My goal is to do some lower level eventing....maybe 3 to 4 events a year. I will not be able to afford regular training and I will be keeping my horse at home. I will need a trainer that will be willing to help me once a month or so.....give me homework and be patient with my lack of funds. Does anybody know a good trainer and/or facilities that I can look into? I am about 30 miles north of Portland and am willing to travel 30-50 miles for schooling if I have to. Thanks!

Where the grass is always greener on the other side.

Default Where are you located?

Hi, you can PM me. I have several suggestions but it depends on where you actually live! I keep my horses at home and do my homework and haul out too!

Agree with Lurker, depending on where you will help you narrow down your search for a trainer.

If your 30 miles north of Portland and on the I-5 corridor, Anna Collier in Ridgefield might work out well. It used to take me about 35 minutes from SW Portland to get to her, barring traffic. I loved riding with her. And her farm is very easy to get to from the interstate as well.

Also, check out Flying Changes (www.flyingchanges.com) for the trainer listings to see if anyone else is near you.

Welcome back to horse ownership! Maybe we will see you out and about this year!