The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Thumbs up Best Deal on Ulcerguard

Rico is showing signs of ulcers. I've found the best deal so far is to order the 6-pack for $187.99 from VetDepot.com. Basically, I've been able to get 24 tubes for $751.96. Shipping is free!

Just wanted to put it out there for anyone who's looking!
    Lowly Farm Hand with Delusions of Barn Biddieom.
    Witherun Farm
    http://witherun-farm.blogspot.com/

The best place I found to buy Ulcerguard is from Horse Wharehouse. Below is a link to the Ulcerguard and pricing. One thing to note with them is to make sure you have it shipped where someone can sign for the package. They require UPS to get a signature! I found that out the hard way.

http://horsewarehouse.com/cgi-bin/hw...crement=000219

Entirely pets

http://www.entirelypets.com/6pkulcergard.html

Coupon code SAVECASH for 10% off.

24 tubes for $709.16 with the code and free shipping

zena555 Guest

I'm new here so not sure if i can post this but i have some forsale. I don't need it anymore. Please email me for more info
    jdolder555@gmail.com
    thanks j

You can also but generic omeprazole for $13.95/ tube- same amount of active ingredient, too! The website is: www.horseprerace.com (Canadian company, but ships from Florida).
    Just a thought to save some people money!

Quote Originally Posted by Chemindefer1970 View Post
    You can also but generic omeprazole for $13.95/ tube- same amount of active ingredient, too! The website is: www.horseprerace.com (Canadian company, but ships from Florida).
    It looks like they aren't carrying it anymore, it says product not found on the website

No worries-Just got an email from them. Should be restocked today! I panicked when I saw your post. Great company to deal with and fast shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by kgro632 View Post
    It looks like they aren't carrying it anymore, it says product not found on the website
    I went to horseprerace.com this morning and entered a "dummy" order for the tubes with no problem at all. Looks like they DO have the omeprazole paste.

There's also omeprazole granules and tablets that can be ordered from another foreign company. LOTS of threads about this one- Omeprazole Direct... I didn't want to bring it all up here, but they also are extremely affordable. The shipping takes several weeks, unless you pay to have it expedited, then you can track it and it arrives in a week.
    I have ordered from both companies with no issues. It will save you a ton of money and still be able to treat your horse. Ulcers are pricey! I've been dealing with them in my horse since November.
    I hope your horse gets better and you find this information helpful~

Its turned out he also tested positive for Lyme! He went off his feed over the weekend. Hopefully the Ulcerguard and Doxy will have him feeling better soon.
    Lowly Farm Hand with Delusions of Barn Biddieom.
    Witherun Farm
    http://witherun-farm.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Trevelyan96 View Post
    Rico is showing signs of ulcers. I've found the best deal so far is to order the 6-pack for $187.99 from VetDepot.com. Basically, I've been able to get 24 tubes for $751.96. Shipping is free!

Just wanted to put it out there for anyone who's looking!
    Sorry but that actually is not a good deal. I just ordered from entirely pets. With a coupon code for 15% off, I got the 6-packs for $177.95. Always check www.retailmenot.com for the most recent coupon codes.

Is the Canadian Omep. the same formula as Ulcerguard? Same sized tube, dosage instructions? Has anyone used this with the same results as Ulcerguard?

IK-
    I used the Canadian paste with no issues. It is a little softer consistency, so I used 1/3 tube instead of 1/4 tube, but at $13.95 per tube , I was OK with it! The amount of omeprazole is the same- 2.28 or 2.26 g, whatever the amount is in Ulcergard.
    The company ships fast, too, since it comes from Florida.

Will entirelypets ship to Canada?

I finally got my entirelypets order yesterday. It took about two weeks which I feel is ridiculous and will not be ordering from them again. For a couple dollars more I could have it in two days from somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemindefer1970 View Post
    An equine vet at Texas A&M told me to be careful with the generics because they are not formulated the same way and are not as effective.