The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A circuit jumper mare free lease in SF Bay Area

Hey guys, I just found out that the lady who is currently leasing Ember up in Davis is getting a divorce. It looks like she won't be able to continue the lease after November. She has been doing some jumping clinics and eventing training and some second level dressage with her.

If there is anyone out there that might be interested please let me know. I'll be moving her back down to the Portola Valley area when the lease is up at the beginning of November and would love to find a full or half leasor for her.

I am looking for a free lease situation for my jumper mare as her rider had a baby.

She is a 13 year old liver chestnut Morgan mare, 15h. registered name Brightwater Ember.

She is a brave, forward, catty jumper and has schooled up to 4'. Elise (her rider) competed in the AA division generally at 3'-3", 3'-6" and 3'-9". They did very well, we could only afford 2-3 shows each year but she placed well and won a few classes including her AA class at Pebble Beach. At lower heights, 3' and under, she is point and shoot. She has schooled cross country to Novice and competed in some hunter paces. She has a very solid dressage base.

She is extremely sensible and as close to bomb proof as you get. However she is VERY forward and needs a confident, diplomatic rider. Her last rider describes her as a Ferrari. She is a blast to ride.

I'm not asking a lease fee. The leasor would need to cover her expenses and insurance. She has EPSM so needs to stay on a high fat low starch diet with some inexpensive supplements that I can provide. I have had one of her hocks injected twice over the last 4-5 years.

Here are a few video links and links to her photo album

http://s856.photobucket.com/albums/a...water%20Ember/

Pebble Beach 1.10M she won this class

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt1yZ..._order&list=UL

Woodside 1.10M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNQewsmVST0

Woodside 1.15m

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FFww..._order&list=UL
    Last edited by Ember; Oct. 10, 2011 at 06:58 PM.

Bomp to find my girl the right partener

I'm on the opposite coast, but just wanted to bump this for you! What a lovely mare! She makes it look easy! Good luck finding your nice girl a home!
    ~Rest in Peace Woody...1975-2008~

Holy Goodness what an amazing opportunity for the right person. Bump for Ember!

Geez, what an incredible opportunity for someone. Bump for the girl!

I wish she was on the east coast!

Jeez! Ditto on wishing I wasn't on the other side of the country!

So far I've only had one person come see her, a low level eventer that wasn't quite ready to take on a horse. I have a jumper rider coming out to day. Keep your fingers crossed that they are a good match.

No one on here in the SF bay area? I found her last rider on COTH and it worked out fabulously.

Still looking

Cool awesome!

Not to sound like I'm 13y.o., but what a totally awesome horse!! And, her rider is strong, beautiful.....what fun she looks like. Good luck- just a great pair!

I would be willing to do a half lease where I keep my dressage mare in Los Altos Hills. Maybe someone who wants to trail ride and do some arena schooling and light jumping. Trailer with us to hunter paces and clinics/lessons.

Oh my, so tempting. I'm a full time student at Cal and, as I just sold my horse, I don't really have time to lease something. She's beautiful, though!

Have you tried contacting Peter Breakwell? They've got a few young riders that are awesome, and a free lease is hard to pass up. I saw this horse go last summer and we were all having a blast watching her go! Also, try contacting Pony club and Woodside Jr. Riders.

Let me call a friend of mine and see if she might be interested. She owns her own property in Woodside and her own jumper mare is now retired, but she loves a fast, aggressive mare.

If you pm me, we can exchange details and so forth. I'm local.

My friend is interested. I just pm'd you

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Have you tried contacting Peter Breakwell? They've got a few young riders that are awesome, and a free lease is hard to pass up. I saw this horse go last summer and we were all having a blast watching her go! Also, try contacting Pony club and Woodside Jr. Riders.

Let me call a friend of mine and see if she might be interested. She owns her own property in Woodside and her own jumper mare is now retired, but she loves a fast, aggressive mare.

If you pm me, we can exchange details and so forth. I'm local.

Yes, I emailed Peter her info a while back. He said he would keep an eye out. I think it's harder to place her because of her small size and big personality lol. She definitely has that "little big horse" Morgan personality.

She gets a lot of compliments at the shows and I love watching her go just to see and hear the peoples reactions when she is on course. She gets noticed! Of course sometimes it's "look at that pony go!, wow!". She definitely is the smallest horse in the big jumper ring but she places and wins.

I just found out this morning that the lady who is leasing her up in Davis is getting a divorce. It looks like she won't be able to continue the lease after November. She has been doing some jumping clinics and eventing training and some second level dressage with her.

I will be bringing her back down to the Portola Valley are at the end of November. If anyone out there knows anyone that would be interested in a free lease for her please let me know. Thanks!

Hey, not sure why it didn't let me know there was a post! She's at Holly Fox Farms. Her current lessor has mostly been doing a variety if clinics with her and dressage lessons. Not sure with who, lessor is a dressage judge. I know Ember will be doing a Tanya Vik clinic tomorrow.

I'm still trying to find someone for her so please let me know if you might know someone. It's surprisingly hard to find a new lessor at this time of year!

Do you have a flyer for her? I board at Stanford and would be happy to post something for you.
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

Is she available for an offsite lease, or are you trying to keep her in Davis?

Bump! Glad to hear she is still kicking butt!
    If i'm posting on Coth, it's either raining so I can't ride or it's night time and I can't sleep.