The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Smartpak shipping code

Anyone have a current free shipping code from Smartpak? Thanks!

I thought I read on their site that shipping is free now. I could be mistaken.
    "My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sunlight and nicker to me in the night"

"Smartpaks" their individually packaged supplements ship free if the value is $40 or greater.

If you're just purchasing tack or other items that won't ship free without a free shipping code.

Search Off Course, there's usually a long running thread posting current codes.

There isn't one currently. Because the smartpaks ship free and you can order other stuff to ship free with the smartpaks, they are doing less free shipping codes. Kinda sucks for those of us that don't use smartpaks, but...

Yep - only free shipping on actual "smartpaks". I can usually find free shipping or other coupons at retailmenot.com but alas there are none at the moment. Based on the price of gas - I am not sure if that will become a promo of the past.

If you do get smartpaks then you can add regular stuff to ship free along with the supplements. They are still my favorite online tack shop <3

I just spoke with them today, and they are not planning on any more free shipping (except for the over $40 in Smartpaks). Of course, the one supplement I need costs more as a Smartpak...

ugh, are you serious? I was afraid that was going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by KateKat View Post
    ugh, are you serious? I was afraid that was going to happen.
    I realize they sell a lot of supplements, but I wonder if that's going to make the tack and equipment side of the business take a hit - I don't have a horse, so I'm not going to be ordering smartpaks any time in the near future, so I guess they don't want my money that badly?

In the past I'd add onto my order a supplement that I could get cheaper at other places because I felt the free shipping balanced it out. Now I just split what I need all around. Too bad as I saw prices marked up to cover their shipping costs on some products, and I'll bet they don't go down, either.

Quote Originally Posted by kdow View Post
    I realize they sell a lot of supplements, but I wonder if that's going to make the tack and equipment side of the business take a hit - I don't have a horse, so I'm not going to be ordering smartpaks any time in the near future, so I guess they don't want my money that badly?
    I guess not. All I know is I don't do Smartpaks either so I guess I won't be doing any shopping there anytime soon. Such a bummer.

I hope someone at smartpak sees this! Knowing them they'll probably jump in with free shipping for life

Quote Originally Posted by ABS View Post
    I hope someone at smartpak sees this! Knowing them they'll probably jump in with free shipping for life
    It does actually bum me out a lot because I was just considering an order but I can't quite justify it with shipping (it's a pretty small "yay, you did something difficult!" present to myself, so shipping adds a lot on to the cost, in terms of percentage of cost of item) and now I probably won't do it.

Plus, I really like that they have a good selection of dog stuff even on Smartpak Equine - it makes me way more likely to throw in a gift or new collar or something for the pooches when I'm getting ready to order something I actually need (like a helmet/gloves/breeches/whatever) when there's a nice variety AND it's reasonably priced. (I know other horse catalogs have dog stuff too, but often it's only pretty high end dog stuff - super-quality leather collars, miniature horse styled dog coats, etc. Pirate shreds collars and is Deeply Personally Offended by coats, so neither of those is going to happen. )

(Now, if you could order online from Smartpak Equine AND Canine with the same shopping cart, I'd really be a happy camper...)

Jumper83 Guest

Default Just an FYI about the free personalization promotion...

If anyone placed an order earlier this month using the free personalization offer, check and make sure you were billed correctly. I completed my order during the offer, but it sat on my account for 8 days before it shipped (after the promotion ended) and I was then charged for my "free" personalizations. This is the first time I've ever had a problem with SmartPak, and I assume that bc of their exceptonal customer service it will be taken care of, but just keep your eyes open.

I love Smartpak & will always be a loyal customer & $8 flat rate shipping is still pretty good but without free shipping, Dover will usually be a better deal - with their credit card I get $5 flat rate shipping and their prices are generally lower, the free shipping used to balance that out. I typically buy all my supplements from Smartpak but not in "smartpaks" - bulk is a better deal & less packaging waste. I understand why they would need to discontinue the free shipping, maybe they can offer it free with a minimum order at some point.
    Victory Canter offers free shipping, VTO has $5 flat rate shipping, Farm Vet is free with a $50 order, Valley Vet is free with a $60 order - but none have the selection (or product information & education) SmartPak offers.

Most of the time I would order from SmartPak if I could get the free shipping. But now, since Dover Saddlery is on my way home from work, I'll just shop there again. I used to try to avoid it since that was much better on my wallet but now I'll have to use will power and just get what I need!

Another one here hoping that Smartpak sees this thread. I will not be ordering the thinline pad I've been needing from Smartpak now that I know free shipping codes aren't coming back. I'll probably go with eBay, even though Smartpak is my favorite tack store and has such great customer service. Very disappointed.

where the truck's a Ford and the tractor's green

Smartpak's customer service is always what will set them apart from the rest. I'd much rather pay an extra 3 or 4 dollars with them and be able to track my order, rather than spend even more than that with Dover for the same item, horrible shipping, and embarassingly horrible customer service. Plus, my horse is on Smartpaks, so I get free shipping once a month and can add whatever I want to ship free with it. Yes, I pay a little extra for the convenience of being able to know that my horse is getting the correct amount of supplements and that I can track whether or not she is actually getting them (or if ones are disappearing)....but that makes it worth it to me.

where the truck's a Ford and the tractor's green

But to add....didn't Smartpak have a free shipping code for the Tredstep field boots? I just pre-ordered the Tredstep Da Vinci field boots but I can't find the code now...maybe i'm imagining it? Their flat rate shipping still makes them cheaper than Dover, though.....

I always check www.retailmenot.com before all purchases to see what coupons are active

Quote Originally Posted by kdow View Post
    Same here... I order my dog food from them because it was cheaper with a free shipping code, but now, including the cost of shipping, it's just as cheap for me to to the pet store around the corner and grab a bag.