The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Chiro recommendation for Ocala/North Florida?

Can anyone make a recommendation? Would prefer a chiro/vet incase diagnostics need to be done. Either post or PM me. Thanks.

Dougie Hammond is prob still down there given the season is still on going. If you ask around I am sure you can find him. Not a vet; works with the team horses.

Marilyn Maler does acupuncture and chiro - WONDERFUL and well worth the time and money. http://www.sunspiritfarm.com/

Carla Pasteur also does chiro and acupuncture - she was a "western" vet prior to selling that practice and focusing stictly on holstic medicine. http://www.actionequine.com/

Both of them are wonderful and know their stuff and you will not be disappointed.
    ~~~~~~~~~

Member of the ILMD[FN]HP Clique, The Florida Clique, OMGiH I loff my mares, and the Bareback Riders clique!

Ditto Marilyn and Carla. I use both and both are very good. Dr. Maler is a chiro "guru." She is an both and instructor ( Options for Animal School) and a certifying examiner (for IVCA is the U.S.)

Ditto Carla. My horse loves her!

Dr. Maler all the WAY!
    --Luck is what happens when preparedness meets opportunity--

I've used Dr. Greg Fowler, he's very good. Does chiro and acupuncture, and saddle fitting.
    "Perhaps the final test of anybody's love of dogs is their willingness to permit them to make a camping ground of the bed" -Henry T. Merwin

I'v used Both Dr maler and Dr. Fowler both are very good but work very different.
    Dr Maler has a advantage of using chinese med also, she is a instructor at the Chi Institute.
    Dr Fowler is really good with the diffucult horse as they do not make him back off, he has great tech's that work to control not hurt horses that are crabby about being worked on, as a warning though his bedside manner with the humans can be off-putting to some that are sensitive.
    Both do acupunture after chiro.
    Carla is also a instructor at Chi,she works on one of my client horses and he always feels great after! Depends on what the horses issues are as to which one I would call.
    Last edited by nextyear; Mar. 10, 2011 at 12:10 AM. Reason: spelling

Dr. Sean Redman- based in Gainesville- started with Rood and Riddle in Lexington. He is excellent!!!