The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Horsie companies and facebook!

Can I tell you how easy customer/company feedback has become with the use of facebook?

I LOVE how quickly the social media director of companies can get back to customers using facebook and it, IMHO, it makes leaving suggestions and reviews SO easy and accessible.

This month, I have had facebook interactions with Mountain Horse, Kerrits and Horseware and I just want to hug ALL of them.

Mountain Horse had discontinued a pair of boots I loved, and I contacted them to see if they knew where I could find a pair- they quickly responded that while what I wanted was no longer available, the would be replaced in Sept with a new version and directed me to the post. Brilliant.

I got a new turnout from Horseware and I thanked them for an excellent product on facebook, and mentioned that my surcingle straps were too long, just FYI. Their PR director followed up with me via private message and is working to "rectify" the situation even though I wasn't complaining- just hoping to help their redesign in the future!

Kerrits, similarly, sent me a pair of socks that I loved, and I told them on FB that they were a bit too small for my wide calves- they replied within two days to say they'd upgraded the design for 2011 with a stretch panel to accommodate wider calves. They are always asking for "what we'd like to see" on FB as well. I LOVE it.

I just ordered a bunch of dog collars because, aside from friend's recommendations, the company has such a good FB presence. They do giveaways and post samples of their made products and seeing all the happy customers post pics of their dogs with their new collars was awesome too!
    I'm enjoying Tack of the Day because it's on facebook- no way would i remember to check the site on its own, and the product of the day is listed right there in my newsfeed.
    Have become a fan of a few barns on FB acround the country and enjoy their posts, too. Good stuff

Oooh, Tack of the Day is on FB?! Gotta go *like* them!

I like to post fun links and info on horses and dogs on my FB page. Would appreciate it if you would check out my page and *like* it if it appeals. TIA!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/WoofNW...85197184826686

Horse & Dog Designs: Clothing, Home Decor, Custom Gifts, ETC:
    WoofNWhinny*GIFT IDEAS for Horse Lovers!
    NEW:
    Baby Clothes & Pacifiers - Shower Gifts
    Personalized Gifts for Adults, Kids & Babies

With regard to facebook, some companies use it to do fun things. My sister won a $1,000 shopping spree from The Equestrian Corner. Apparently they did some sort of drawing based on their Facebook fans on Valentine's Day and lo and behold, she sees her name stated as winner in a post that day. My sister was thrilled to win and of course it got them more traffic and possible sales due to all of her horsey facebook friends checking out their site.

I "Like" a few companies on FB, but definitely the best company page is Ecogold. I actually check their page every day because they post such fun - and informative - stuff!
    Proud member of the EDRF

Quote Originally Posted by ex-racer owner View Post
    With regard to facebook, some companies use it to do fun things. My sister won a $1,000 shopping spree from The Equestrian Corner. Apparently they did some sort of drawing based on their Facebook fans on Valentine's Day and lo and behold, she sees her name stated as winner in a post that day. My sister was thrilled to win and of course it got them more traffic and possible sales due to all of her horsey facebook friends checking out their site.
    I love winning stuff! I won a pair of super nice Ariat winter gloves last year from Equestrian Collections! I do enjoy the facebook aspect of the commercial horsey world!
    To be loved by a horse should fill us with awe, for we hath not deserved it.

Equus Now has had contests recently on facebook, with gift cards being the prizes. One contest was to get photo submissions, and one was for people to write product reviews. They do a good job reaching their customers.

I'll have to check out Ecogold. Thanks for the tip!
    It's 2016. Do you know where your old horse is?

www.streamhorsetv.com -- website with horse show livestream listings and links.

I've been in touch with the Banixx people because of Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Banixx...12697592105260

Also have Smartpak - even though we can't get them up here, they always seem to have new products.

Rein Magazine has become a favourite.
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/ReinMagPublisher

Plus lots of people that are having foals... it's a one stop shopping to see who was born where.

I got my account just to be able to see pics people posted on there but I'm starting to use it more and more.

Good thread! Now I can see who I should be watching for
    Sometimes I just think funny things - Dudley Moore in Arthur
    Come join us at - TheMuckBucket

I won a wonderful pair of high end clippers from a Smart Pak photo contest. Love having horsey, and other, companies, services, groups and organizations on FB.

Kentucky Performance Products has a great interactive FB page with lots of contests and giveaways.

I won something last week from Triple Crown Nutrition from a facebook drawing. It was really funny to read through the post of the winning names and to see mine there. It took a minute for it to register - "Hey, that's me!!" I'm still anxiously watching my mailbox to see what I've won.
    It's not about the color of the ribbon but the quality of the ride. Having said that, I'd like the blue one please!

We are just getting started with our facebook page. Click this link and "like" Uncle Jimmy's. We promise to keep you updated with latest and greatest news!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sfr...s/105372767353
    **NEW** - The Amazing Pecker Recker & SUGAR FREE Hangin' Balls & Licky Things

Uncle Jimmy's Hangin' Balls, Squeezy Buns & Licky Things

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Kementari View Post
    I "Like" a few companies on FB, but definitely the best company page is Ecogold. I actually check their page every day because they post such fun - and informative - stuff!
    Awwwwww. Thank you.

I won a turnout sheet for my mare last year from Equestrian Collections, and I won a Zenyatta collector's magazine from Absorbine. I love all of the contests, and the fact that, as the OP pointed out, you can interact with the companies so easily.
    Dapplebay - home of original equestrian clothing and accessories.